• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thub

Thub's 97 Sho

114 posts in this topic

It lives...

Today I finally got the car out of "winter storage".  I removed all the dryer sheets, inspected all the fluids and whatnot finding no evidence of mouse activity, and unhooked the battery charger.  I hopped in and it fired right up no questions asked, it ran last in early December.  I then put the 225 wheels back on it and then took it for a wash.

I forgot how loud and fun it is to drive.  I had every single person working at the car wash staring as I peeled out of there.

IMG_0813_zpsamdlioxe.jpg

IMG_0815_zpst46auvus.jpg

3 people like this

Sexy beast. B)

Red devil!

Love the look of that.

Thank you for not driving it in the salt. That is a nice car. Glad it went to someone that can enjoy it.

Thank you for not driving it in the salt. That is a nice car. Glad it went to someone that can enjoy it.

That it is.

My only plans to improve the car besides minor mechanical items are to fix the rear defrost, redo the window tint, and replace the headlights, the current ones are just faded and yellowed, but the lenses are clear so buffing them won't really help.

Yea that window tint job stinks. My wagons 87 is so old and faded it needs it too.

Caught this milestone today.

IMG_0822_zpsqahcghtd.jpg

The SHO had a positive evening.

First when I pulled in to get gas 2 guys on motorcycles noticed the car and I got the "Is that really a V8?".  I popped the hood and gave them a brief intro to the car.  Needless to say they liked it more and more as I pointed out some of the features and they got a good look at how clean it was. They both said they heard me pulling in and did not expect to see a Ford Taurus when they looked at what the sound was coming from.  I probably talked to them for a good 10 minuets before putting gas in the car.

Then on the way home on the freeway a bug eye Subaru (WRX or STI), I couldn't tell,  I just recognized those extremely distinct headlights (with visors) approaching very fast.  He came flying up on me, and was all over me but never passed.  Then when he branched off onto an interchange ramp he sped up and drove right beside me as the lanes split. There must have been some unspoken respect between the two 3 lettered model names.

2 people like this

Wash and wax.  At my standard photo area.

Rose mist may be rare but this car looks amazing in red, and that's coming from someone who isn't really that fond of red cars.

IMG_0860_zps4ud0uofm.jpg

IMG_0871_zps80to6haf.jpg

IMG_0865_zpsssnf36cd.jpg

IMG_0870_zpscp881max.jpg

I also picked up a set of these which will be installed at some point this summer.  (The gutter strainer.)

IMG_0859_zpsfnfy6j4u.jpg

Get ready to feel every bump. But they really do improve steering feel and turn in response.

1 person likes this

Spare tire well is all taken care of.  Prep was a light sanding to etch the surface and then I washed the well out with the hose and some foaming grease remover. The bed liner has so many applications, its great stuff.  I just kinda roughed it in along the edge, I plan to cover a little more with the bed liner along the vertical wall and upper edge at a later date.  I'd really like to do the entire rear floor pan of this car with the bed liner since the paint is wearing off and looks like crap.  It would be a big job since I would have to wash and hose out the entire rear area since its kinda dirty, and moving all the electrical related stuff out of the way.

IMG_0938_zpsumxr4lcz.jpg

IMG_0942_zpsht5krjxy.jpg

If you apply that stuff 1/8 inch thick it becomes pretty much blast proof. Saw it on Mythbusters. They applied it and tested ir against a lot of things.

Jeff

If you apply that stuff 1/8 inch thick it becomes pretty much blast proof. Saw it on Mythbusters. They applied it and tested ir against a lot of things.

Jeff

I think it will hold up perfect for this application considering it is out of the elements and nothing is really bumping or rubbing on it.  Assuming the spare tire is anchored down properly.

I do have to say I'm really glad that A) I don't ever have to deal with rust on my cars. And B) that they at least make products to stop rust from spreading. 

I do have to say I'm really glad that A) I don't ever have to deal with rust on my cars. And B) that they at least make products to stop rust from spreading. 

Josh - the rust is because the car was filling up with water in the trunk.  This was because the trunk seal and sheet metal were not properly adjusted.  So this is not really "rust".  The 97 SHO owned by THub is not "rusty".

2 people like this

This car has no rust on the body or suspension. The rust inside the spare tire well was mostly surface rust that should never come back now that I sanded and painted over it.

I'm aware. It was just a general statement

Flying or in this case driving under the radar.

IMG_0949_zpswtk0knau.jpg

2 people like this

The JBL audio is on the way out.  Tomorrow i'm going to run to the junkyard to get a Mach RCU and swap that in to see if it fixes the issues.

The JBL audio is on the way out.  Tomorrow i'm going to run to the junkyard to get a Mach RCU and swap that in to see if it fixes the issues.

Except for the lack of subwoofer, it will. ;)

I'm not sure that sub does much anyway. The JBL is way weaker than the Mach/Kicker combo I have in the 2002...like puts it to shame.

The SHO now has Mach audio from a 2002 Sable LS, its amazing how much more power it has than the JBL system.  I plan to keep the car wired for JBL audio and leave the subwoofer in place.  One of the front speakers is dying though, doesn't put out much sound, so I'll need to look into replacing that.

1 person likes this

Finally got those windows darkened up.  35% all the way around.

I'll have to get a picture of it in the sun to get the full effect.

IMG_0870_zpscadttzgv.jpg

4 people like this

That red candy shell is so shiny, I want to lick it...  :icon_horns2:  :icon_redface:

1 person likes this