• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thub

Thub's 97 Sho

114 posts in this topic

First let me apologize for the trickery and deceit that has taken place, but I'm sure Brian will agree it was fun to fool with everyone.

After a quick flight down to South Carolina and a 15 hour, 1000 mile drive back home to Green Bay over the weekend the SHO is now in its new home. I look forward to the car providing reliable and fun transportation for the next year or so.

I was rather busy today but I snapped a picture of it with its predecessor, both in Toreador Red.  I know many of you will cringe at the sight of this pristine vehicle in the presence of that much snow.  Later this week I should have new plates put on it and have some time to do a quick once over the interior with the vacuum and add some different floor mats so the carpet isn't ruined by residual salty water and dirt.

IMG_0141_zpsb9b4d28b.jpg

3 people like this

Mmmm nice. You guys are so bad.

And you only expect it to last a year!?  :blink:

1 person likes this

Take down Zenriddles email and remember it well. Call upon it when in need of obscure fiddlybits related to that V8 beast.

Keep it out of the salt, dammit.

^^^ Word.  Please undercoat, seam seal the dogleg body seam…make 'er last!!!

Hope you enjoy how ever long you have the car.  It gave me 7-8,000 miles of service and never left me stranded on the side of the road (it almost did with that stupid Alternator)

1 person likes this

FOOLS!!!!! I was genuinely tricked and surprised....

That SHO is wearing honestly one of the best paint colors on a Gen 3. Take good care of her!

1 person likes this

I expect it to last longer than a year, but next year my family's vehicle needs will be changing, I have no clue what vehicle will stay and what will go. Currently it is the acting replacement to the Explorer which is now for sale.  It shouldn't see much more of winter this year, could be another big storm but a simple blast of water to the underside will take care of any remaining salt.  Preventing it from rusting should be easier, since the rockers are solid the covers can simply be removed every spring and flushed with clean water.

I just checked and I do have your phone number Eric, your info made it though the new phone transition.

I don't know why y'all are surprised by this turn of events. I never actually claimed to be the buyer. :ph34r:

So, THub... two important questions: How do you feel about the exhaust tone now that the long trip is over with, and how tasty were those leftover chicken tenders roughly 12 hours later? :P:lol:

So, THub... two important questions: How do you feel about the exhaust tone now that the long trip is over with, and how tasty were those leftover chicken tenders roughly 12 hours later? :P:lol:

Exhaust is much better in town than on the freeway. It did get a tad annoying on that long trip where it would just sit at the same 2500-2700 rpm.  Chicken tenders made a great lunch once warmed back up in the oven.

The exhaust note is nice because it remains smooth even without mufflers, unlike some vehicle where you get that annoying rap where it sounds like someone slapping the pavement.

Glad to hear it.

No, seriously. It sounded amazing from where I was standing right when you pulled away from the diner and punched the throttle out onto Rand Road. :D:wub: Great acquisition, Trace. Gotta bring that car along to the next Chicagoland meet.

It was a pleasure assisting you with fooling the entirety of TSOC... >:-)

1 person likes this

Now people need to update their Signatures / Member Info... :P

1 person likes this

Congrats on the New SHO! Preserve that beast! :)

1 person likes this

Gotta bring that car along to the next Chicagoland meet.

Agreed :D

My question is what's happening to the SLO ?

Congrats on the new arrival! I'm glad to see these cars stay "in the family".

How is the exhaust set up? My '96 SHO currently has the stock system with the mufflers cut off. At cruise, the exhaust is nearly silent.

The exhaust is exactly that, stock with no mufflers. It isn't loud at highway speed but over a 15 hour drive I would rather have a car with mufflers.

^^^ Word.  Please undercoat, seam seal the dogleg body seam…make 'er last!!!

Hope you enjoy how ever long you have the car.  It gave me 7-8,000 miles of service and never left me stranded on the side of the road (it almost did with that stupid Alternator)

Good call.

RustWheelWellL_zps7a18e17f.jpg

Pic of my '01, should have done this long ago. Really horrible job of factory on this area.

I scrubbed mine with soap and water befor to remove any salt residue and loose rust.

-chart-

I knew Brian didn't buy the car because he was trying out a manny tranny for the first time.

Thub, if you ever find that your changing family needs call for something other than the SHO, keep in mind that I'm only 4.5 hours from Green Bay......

1 person likes this

DIBS!

If it starts to develop rust, we can give it a nice garage in SC or TN to rest comfortably in...

Now that it's got a new owner.

I want it.

:(

:)

You didn't want to be a repeat buyer from Bull Geek's Pig Iron Palace?

:)

1 person likes this

Didn't want to seem greedy.

FOOLS!!!!! I was genuinely tricked and surprised....

That SHO is wearing honestly one of the best paint colors on a Gen 3. Take good care of her!

It is a mighty fine color :P

Very nice looking SHO, hope it does you well.

Being home for a week on spring break and having little to do I may dive into some interior work on the SHO, especially since the weather is going to be very nice.  I think I can pull the rear seat and rear deck out and maybe have a go at removing the remaining window tint on the quarter windows and rear window. Depending on the time I have I might begin to repair the defroster grid this week or wait until May.  My hope is to at least identify and mark the lines that are damaged and need repair. 

Nick may not have noticed since he would rarely use the rear defrost in that southern paradise but several portions of the rear defroster grid are dead.  It drove me crazy the couple cold fall mornings I needed it.