Looking For A Car - 03-04 Lincoln Town Car

Guys - I am ready to go ahead and purchase a 2003-2004 Lincoln Town Car.  Car must have black leather interior, and must have the factory moonroof.  Needs to be Signature, Cartier or Designer - no Executive.

Exterior color is less important, mileage I'd like under 200K preferably.  Willing to go anywhere nationwide.  Trying to avoid dealers, and hoping to find one less salted than one from New England.  But I'm willing to check one out.

Would prefer to find exterior color of black, white, a navy or dark blue, or red/burgundy.  No silver, no beige, no creme, no green, and no gray.  White is a contender.

If you find one in your Craigslist searches or whatever, could you let me know through here?

Sidenote - thought I had found a winner today, a rich navy blue on black leather 03 in Los Angeles - but it was a prior salvage title/reconstruct.  Running away from it.  And I missed out on a MINT one about an hour away but a few hours - same combo.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

None of them match what I'm looking for - thanks though.   Why - I want a car that is easier to work on, RWD, and is a long lasting durable smooth riding car.

Sorry for the way that came out Brian - but dealers are nice and all…but saving $1000-1500 over private party is nothing to sneeze at.   Just have to do your homework.  Dealers sell junker clunkers to

The 98-02 is the UGLIEST looking batch of Town Cars ever made :-(  Less interior room and space, bad design.

Posted Images

Guys - I am ready to go ahead and purchase a 2003-2004 Lincoln Town Car.  Car must have black leather interior, and must have the factory moonroof.  Needs to be Signature, Cartier or Designer - no Executive.

Exterior color is less important, mileage I'd like under 200K preferably.  Willing to go anywhere nationwide.  Trying to avoid dealers, and hoping to find one less salted than one from New England.  But I'm willing to check one out.

Would prefer to find exterior color of black, white, a navy or dark blue, or red/burgundy.  No silver, no beige, no creme, no green, and no gray.  White is a contender.

If you find one in your Craigslist searches or whatever, could you let me know through here?

Sidenote - thought I had found a winner today, a rich navy blue on black leather 03 in Los Angeles - but it was a prior salvage title/reconstruct.  Running away from it.  And I missed out on a MINT one about an hour away but a few hours - same combo.

They are out there but this one '02 and deep charcoal leather. '02 so too old.

MD car. Do not know if they made true black interior.

-chart-

The 98-02 is the UGLIEST looking batch of Town Cars ever made :-(  Less interior room and space, bad design.

• Like 1

I found a '99 on cl that has 198K and needs a water pump for $800. I'd buy that if it was nice and ran well (and wasn't a smoker or abused/destroyed in person).

http://carbondale.craigslist.org/ctd/4363314596.html

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/4353192223.html

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4358492103.html

These were the ones on my craigslist......I don't think any are exactly what you want but figured I'd still link them....

None of them match what I'm looking for - thanks though.

Why - I want a car that is easier to work on, RWD, and is a long lasting durable smooth riding car.

• Like 2

Why - I want a car that is easier to work on, RWD, and is a long lasting durable smooth riding car.

Cheers to that. :cheers:

Good luck in your search.

Willing to go anywhere nationwide.  Trying to avoid dealers.

Sidenote - thought I had found a winner today, a rich navy blue on black leather 03 in Los Angeles - but it was a prior salvage title/reconstruct.

Avoiding dealers?! :o How exactly did you find out about the branded title on that *private-party* pile of crap, again? :mad: Stop perpetuating bad stereotypes.

:P Good luck. I'll keep my ear to the ground for you, as well.

Like anything, dealerships can have their ups and downs. They can be well staffed with knowledgeable people who know their product as well as their clientele, or they can be full of know-nothings who got the job because "hey, I like Ferraris, those are cars. So I can sell Buicks to 30 year olds who want to know why they should buy my car over an Acura, both of which I know nothing about!"

I've worked for and with many dealerships and I've seen it all. Guys coming in drunk at 8:30 AM and getting paid $30/hour to buy high mileage 626 4cyl/auto former rentals at the auction to park them next to a new Mountaineer, I guess.

Guys who would buy a case of Budweiser and drink it while driving a new Town Car to another dealership, just stop and empty the cans at a gas station before you get there, buy another one if you can for the trip back, and drink on the way back, too.

I've seen so many bonehead moves. They gave a detailer's job to a guy with no license. He's really good at detailing and he was my friend, but he had NO license. He had no helper and no other personnel in his department to drive the cars. He had to drive them. So, he had to be insured, except insurance wouldn't cover him with a suspended damn license and 23 tickets on his record (SERIOUSLY), so they didn't put insurance on him and he kept his job anyway. Finally one day his foot slips off the brake of a brand new Grand Marquis rental and it goes up over the curb and through a chain length fence before he stops it. Insurance won't cover it because he's driving it.

There's more to the story but it's personal so I'm leaving that part out. It's available via PM.

I met a salesman at a new Ford dealer that my family has done business with since 1990, I've even worked for them at one point, but anyway I go there and meet this guy for the first time, he doesn't know me or my history at the dealership, he's new. I know the owner (but I wouldn't bother him for this incident and you can ask why). Anyway, this fat, bald, cigar smoking ass wipe (very stereotypical used car guy) managed to insult me strongly enough that I left without test driving a new Mustang GT like I had intended. I realize he doesn't want some kid thrashing his Mustang but there are PLENTY of better ways to go about it than he did. He didn't want a joy ride, I understand that, but I happened to have the cash for a substantial down payment, and three mid-to-late-90s mid-size cars in decent condition to trade in. He insisted I drive a USED V-6 auto. I was like "NO, I want a new GT 5-speed. I'm not going to drive a V-6 or auto because I wont buy one. Do you have a used GT 5-speed I can drive?" Oh, no, we don't because the car's only been out 6 months and this used V-6 is all we have besides new and old body style used. Ok, I understand that, but I would like to experience the GT 5-speed to make sure it can work for me, and I intend to buy new anyway so lets find one I like and let me drive it. Nope. we don't put miles on cars for "fun". Cars like this ARE fun, and that's why I'm thinking about buying one! That's the whole point! He wouldn't even SHOW me a new one with a 5-speed and other options I wanted, he just kept brushing me off until I left.

I had a Mazda salesmen try to sell me a used beater S-10 when I was there to look at a new B4000 4X4 ex-cab.

I had a Chevy dealer try to sell me a Subaru 2wd wagon when I was there because they told me over the phone and in the paper that morning that they had a 1992 Mercury Topaz XR5 2-door, 5-speed, V-6, low miles, for $1K under blue book. That's why I borrowed a car and drove 30 miles down there in the first place. "oh, we no longer have that car, but we have this car, it's an '89 Subaru..." WTF?! How do you go from a sleek American V-6 manual trans sport coupe to a POS worn out Subaru 4cyl auto wagon with umpteen million miles on it?!

Nick- I'll help you search for your TC tomorrow, it's late and Ima hit the sack here in a little while.

Edited by JohnTaurus

None of them match what I'm looking for - thanks though.

I hear you. I like my car and enjoy driving my grandparents' '03 Town Car.

I'll watch for anything here.

Sorry for the way that came out Brian - but dealers are nice and all…but saving $1000-1500 over private party is nothing to sneeze at.   Just have to do your homework.  Dealers sell junker clunkers too.  1000-1500 ….Thats a good chunk of change.  I do appreciate your help you offered this past afternoon.  Not everything private party is a pile of junk… any car I've ever bought has had a clear title.  I would have found out about the salvage when I paid for car fax if I didn't know what you had available.

Anyways - hunt goes on. :)

• Like 2

Did it say why it was salvage title? I looked at a crown Vic once that had a salvage title solely because it had been stolen and insurance had already paid a claim on it before it was recovered ....

Jeff

Brian checked - it was hit HARD in the rear.  Needed replacement from glass to the back.

Uber rare color combo and I couldn't bring myself to buy it for $4500.  And still carry a salvage title on a Lincoln Town Car, not something that will appreciate in value.

Have to watch the rules. NY does not issue salvage titles on crs 8 years and older.

My '03 tree fell on it and total, bought it back and no change in title. My insurance will not Pay me again for the car if I wreck it or it gets stolen. So I dropped my comp. Had to do nothing to title and reg. I am sure carfax will show it totaled though. I am not paying to find out.

-chart-

The rule is nationwide.  Former salvage car can never ever again be insured with Comprehensive coverage.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4361733818.html

Black leather. :)

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4331776865.html

Silver, but Carteir.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4355650029.html

Freaking beautiful, but EXPENSIVE!

Here's a decent contender in Atlanta:

2005 - https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4352734768.html

I just can't tell if it is an Executive. I'd message this guy if interested.

Arggggg…05 means drive by wire throttle.  Do I cave in to technology...

You can always get a tune to reduce a bit of DBW lag. A lot of '05+ Panther owners say it doesn't really bother them much.

Helpful link for improving response: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2190422&fpart=1

You could just buy our p71 haha. It's an 04 at least. If you find one and need an upated intake manifold let me know, I have a spare one..

Arggggg…05 means drive by wire throttle.  Do I cave in to technology...

Re:

"Do I cave in to technology..."

NO!

Just keep on lookin!

Just my OP.

-chart-