Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like those rounders They really make the car look a lot better. Now you better burn off whats left of the old tires with multiple neutral drops

I like it when I take my car for inspection or tires.   "What color is it?"   "Maroon" since I can't say Merlot, they wouldn't understand,   *tech writes "RED" on the sheet*

Good job mark! Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Did many things to Allison today. I went to my friend's house to redo the aux jack wiring for the 3rd and final time. Finished that and was about to head home when he showed my something that looked SOOO similar to the factory footwell courtesy lamps. I test fitted one of them and next thing I know I'm at autozone buying 2 of them for my self and then wiring them into the car. 

post-2386-0-81225700-1415071922_thumb.jp

Visited the Ford dealer...

post-2386-0-00097600-1415071967_thumb.jp

Installed some Courtesy Lamps using a GM part of all things!! Here's what I used for the install. I got them at autozone for $4 each. 

post-2386-0-38634800-1415071928_thumb.jp

post-2386-0-66274400-1415071925_thumb.jp

Don't worry I've got LEDs on the way for them already. My buddy also had a 194 LED bulb and stuck it in the glove box and it works amazing! 

post-2386-0-15164700-1415071931_thumb.jp

post-2386-0-04645700-1415071934_thumb.jp

That's all for now!

Edited by ShelbyRacer78
Finally installed my LEDs that I ordered for my puddle lamps!

IMG_20141104_204447.jpg

IMG_20141104_204454.jpg

IMG_20141104_204508.jpg

Sorry about the noisy pictures, I had to up the exposure to get the white light to show.  

• 2 weeks later...
Few weeks ago, Allison got a full LED dash and center console and an LED conversion that is at 90%. I'm only missing 4 bulbs till I have a full conversion done.

Dash Before:

IMG_20140829_211801.jpg

Dash After:

IMG_20141108_205057.jpg

Center Console Before:

IMG_20140403_194010.jpg

Center Console After:

IMG_20141108_173200.jpg

I even got the footwell lights done:

IMG_20141108_231756.jpg

• Like 1

My new hub is here and I'm gonna try and tackle it tomorrow at school. Any tips?

Also I wanna get new front sway bar links soon and I kinda wanna get metal Moog ones, yes or no?

It just spat out these P1151, P0171 and P0174 codes...I saw chart posted something about the fuel filter not being changed. He also said that would explain a loss of power at high RPMs. I'm hoping it is the filter and not something else... I've done the PCV vent and hose already, and I really hope its something cheap...

It just spat out these P1151, P0171 and P0174 codes...I saw chart posted something about the fuel filter not being changed. He also said that would explain a loss of power at high RPMs. I'm hoping it is the filter and not something else... I've done the PCV vent and hose already, and I really hope its something cheap...

Too lean both banks.

1. Vacuum/air leak.

2. Low fuel pressure. = pump, module, filter.

I believe yours is '02 and it should have a pressure sensor on the rail, and that can be read at the OBDII. Some have a shrader valve that can be checked manual gage, some do not.

Best of luck.

-chart-

Okay, I replaced the fuel filter and I popped the hood when it was running I heard the biggest vacuum leak I've ever heard. So would replacing the intake gaskets be the best next thing?

Well maybe someone with a duratec can point you in the right direction before you dive into that project, which isn't totally bad, but I can think of other things to do during winter than work on the car.

Okay, I replaced the fuel filter and I popped the hood when it was running I heard the biggest vacuum leak I've ever heard. So would replacing the intake gaskets be the best next thing?

Should be able to trace the souond. I have had upper intakes of at least half dozen times on 3 different DOHC. OK likely more tha that. Never replaced gaskets.  Never had any leak, hard to see the chance of sudden leak. Lots of places for hose leak. PCV system, hose under the intake besides the PCV elbow. Lines to the distribution block.

Oh yes, had the '03 wagon since July. Had the upper intake of two times. Once to check the plugs which was botched job by previous owner. Last weekend for PCV valve. It was severly stuck and I needed more room, more visibility. I forgot to do the vertical hose under and beside the PCV elbow. Started it up and it was UGLY!

-chart-

Okay, I installed new intake gaskets, and TB gasket, I even followed sam's guide. I still have a low idle around 550 rpm.

I am not convinced about intake/TB gaskets being any issue. Not to argue or debate. Just my exp. I have had uppers off several times on 3 DOHC for plugs, wires, PCV. Just did one yesterday, I removed the upper bolts and lifted it up and put a 2x board under it to hold it up to see the PCV. Switched out several times TB as I have a clean spare. Never had a vac leak issue except when I forget to put a hose back on.

The low idle is a mystery. Does the rpm drop from N to D. If so, the IAC is not doing it's job. At idle, tiny bit of air from the throttle plate, most from the IAC and PCV. The mass flow measure tells the PCM to add fuel to match. If you are not getting enough air, then the problem is IAC or PCV. Just thinkin.

-chart-

• Like 1

I had P0174 and P1151 pop up again. It shoots up to 1500 rpm on cold start up like it should and I still feel a power loss at 4k rpm+ . 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78