Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like those rounders They really make the car look a lot better. Now you better burn off whats left of the old tires with multiple neutral drops

I like it when I take my car for inspection or tires.   "What color is it?"   "Maroon" since I can't say Merlot, they wouldn't understand,   *tech writes "RED" on the sheet*

Good job mark! Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
I was going though some pics of Allison and what a difference she has come from when I got her back in february. Its like night and day really. Tell me which one you would drive:

When I got here:

IMG_20140302_155839.jpg

Current day: 

IMG_20140623_091049.jpg

I wired in this aux jack with a splitter for an input goes to where my phone mount goes on the windshield and the other input for when I'm not using my phone mount. No more cassette adapter here! The audio is much better now since it goes straight to the RCU now. 

IMG_20140626_183718.jpg

• Like 1
I wired in this aux jack with a splitter for an input goes to where my phone mount goes on the windshield and the other input for when I'm not using my phone mount. No more cassette adapter here! The audio is much better now since it goes straight to the RCU now.

IMG_20140626_183718.jpg

I wish I had known about this trick during all those years of a factory sound system. Once I was in a Circuit City (did you ever have those on your coast?) I saw an adapter that did something similar to this by plugging into the Cd changer port. I remember they wanted like $60 for it. Never could justify it.

I wish I had known about this trick during all those years of a factory sound system. Once I was in a Circuit City (did you ever have those on your coast?) I saw an adapter that did something similar to this by plugging into the Cd changer port. I remember they wanted like $60 for it. Never could justify it.

I spent about that on my PIE adapter that plugs into the CD changer. It sounds SO much better than the tape adapter, and I use it all the time.

• Like 1

I spent about that on my PIE adapter that plugs into the CD changer. It sounds SO much better than the tape adapter, and I use it all the time.

+1 for the PIE adapter. I used mine quite regularly until my Zune's headphone jack finally went rather recently. Who the heck designed that stupid connector in the first place? Use it enough and it just breaks. I already had to replace the jack on my laptop. I don't believe the Zune is fixable.  :(  A shame really as it is a great media player. I would use my phone except it always activates the stupid speech-to-text feature and does wacky stuff while music is playing. Oh well. [/rant]

IMG_20140706_182219.jpg

That's what gets parked behind Allison in the garage. I got the opportunity to finally snap a pic of them together.  

Edited by ShelbyRacer78
  • Like 1

Allison will be getting a magnaflow muffler really soon. I'll be posting videos of her before, during and after when I get the muffler installed. BRING ON THE LOUD NOISES!!

Anyways, anyone have ideas for a tip?

Personally, I like discreet. If it were my car I'd do a turn down underneath the car right at the muffler. Less expensive, too.

Personally, I like discreet. If it were my car I'd do a turn down underneath the car right at the muffler. Less expensive, too.

Off road exhaust?

Also just funny because you think your duratec is going to be loud. It might sound good but no way people mistake it for a small block Chevy or stop people dead in their tracks...daily events with the SHO.

Off road exhaust? Also just funny because you think your duratec is going to be loud. It might sound good but no way people mistake it for a small block Chevy or stop people dead in their tracks...daily events with the SHO.

No, just a non finished tip that points 90* down . At the ground. And if anything it will give even the Duratec a few extra decibels, and better low end sound. The exhaust reverberates under the car before exiting to passersby ears. And there's no big obnoxious chrome tip out the back. My own personal taste, and a little science.

Anyways, anyone have ideas for a tip?

I have always been of the opinion that exhaust should be heard and not seen.

I have always been of the opinion that exhaust should be heard and not seen.

Not when your doing this.  Personally I love the 3 inch tip on the 2002 SE, its the perfect size.  It actually doesn't violate the ricer rule for the Vulcan.  Exhaust tip cannot be bigger than the cylinder bore.  Vulcan has a bore of 3.5 inches.  I believe the duratec has almost the exact same internal dimensions as the Vulcan.

10003823_899525313406348_194265983_o.jpg

Yeah, that is always nice when I am behind one on my motorcycle, and they decide to be the biggest dick and floor the accelerator when I am on a bike and the exhaust goes into my eyes, nose, and mouth...