ShelbyRacer78

Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

Nope, switching on Sable foglamps requires either the parking lamps or low beam headlamps to be lit first. And the fogs turn off when the high beams are switched on. 

On 6/2/2016 at 11:00 AM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Nope, switching on Sable foglamps requires either the parking lamps or low beam headlamps to be lit first. And the fogs turn off when the high beams are switched on. 

Not anymore lol 

On 6/2/2016 at 11:00 AM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Pffft, fuck an OEM design. I rewired my whole switch and cut the stupid piece off the inside. Fogs on in any postion, don't turn off with the high beams. The only downside is that they can be on, with the swtich in the off postion....tradeoffs....racecar Pile of garbage

Edited by Rohand901
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

Pffft, fuck an OEM design. I rewired my whole switch and cut the stupid piece off the inside. Fogs on in any postion, don't turn off with the high beams. The only downside is that they can be on, with the swtich in the off postion....tradeoffs....racecar Pile of garbage

My driving lights are aftermarket (not DOT approved) so I was able to wire them how I wanted. I have them connected to a relay under the hood that has a tap into the parking lamp circuit behind the headlight switch. I added a kill switch after the tap so that I could turn the driving lights off. I don't use them anymore (one burned out and the chrome reflectors are peeling) but they were nice when they both worked.

• Like 1

Changed the oil. And finally put a bigger rear sway bar on the car! 

xDg5wQ4.jpg
Motorcraft filter was also used.

Before Nationals came, I removed the rear sway bar off the car. Snapped the 2 bolt that held it on. Today, I got a tap & die set from Harbor Freight and went at it. 
p4zAcSP.jpg
Thankfully I had the garage to myself for the quiet time I needed to do this...

cM1BjxX.jpg
23mm rear sway bar installed with its brackets and bushings. Got the bar and everything from @Brian_05_SEL. I still have plans to get the 24/26 combo but I would like to get other parts first before doing that. So for now, 20.6/23 combo will be fine with me. 

• Like 2

That's a nice combo.

congrats on getting it installed!

10 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

That's a nice combo.

congrats on getting it installed!

Few days ago I installed the fog lights you sold me @Bull Geek. I can finally aim them properly! 

Another monthly update. Purchased and installed Ingall lower control arms. Got everything to do a transmission service today. Will be doing that tomorrow and then installing the 24mm front sway bar. After that will be removing the 23mm rear bar for the big boy 26mm rear sway bar. 

4IUizv8.jpg
Sharpie for scale 

8nPFDrE.jpg
Installed 

LhRz01Z.jpg
19mm VS 26mm

tNzZbYo.jpg
Painted Silver

39XJKvh.jpg
Also got new TPR bushings from Moog. For the 26mm rear bar of course. 

Humblebragging about the 55" TV. :P 

1 minute ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Humblebragging about the 55" TV. :P 

My father bought that years ago. lol Just before the "smart TV" boom. 

Got both sway bars installed. Totally transformed the car's handling. 
M99MMXr.jpg

Old 20.6 front bar

9TrbtRR.jpg

Rear bar with Ingalls. 

You should talk to Brian about getting some rear disc brakes on that car, he performed that swap to the 05 Sedan years ago.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2016 at 5:36 PM, Thub said:

You should talk to Brian about getting some rear disc brakes on that car, he performed that swap to the 05 Sedan years ago.

I would do the rear disc if the car had 100k less miles. 

5d17f16c8d3afc8f2c1c63bd2c4a3697.jpg

Did somebody say disk swap?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would do the rear disc if the car had 100k less miles. 

You've stuck tons of money into a high mileage car already, what's the point of stopping now.

Sent from my XT1250 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Thub said:

You've stuck tons of money into a high mileage car already, what's the point of stopping now.

While this is accurate, I think it would be another case of  "if the opportunity pops up"...

While this is accurate, I think it would be another case of  "if the opportunity pops up"...

You modified and put all new rear suspension on the car, I'd say that opportunity has come and gone. It's not like your at the point of no return, your well past that. That's why I went cold turkey with any sort of improvements to the 2002.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thub said:

You modified and put all new rear suspension on the car, I'd say that opportunity has come and gone. It's not like your at the point of no return, your well past that. That's why I went cold turkey with any sort of improvements to the 2002.

I mean if I can get the parts to do it for the right price I would but I don't think that would happen. 

41 minutes ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

I mean if I can get the parts to do it for the right price I would but I don't think that would happen. 

The "right price" option is to go yank the whole rear hub and disc brake assemblies from any Gen 3 Taurus sedan at a junkyard. Maybe $100-150 at most, unless your local yard price-gouges. 

When I disc-swapped the 2005, I bought every needed component brand-new except for the spindles and backing plate/dust covers, and the half dozen metric bolts that hold them on each rear knuckle. That method totalled up to about $1000 in parts, and then Kevin and I self-installed everything. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

The "right price" option is to go yank the whole rear hub and disc brake assemblies from any Gen 3 Taurus sedan at a junkyard. Maybe $100-150 at most, unless your local yard price-gouges. 

When I disc-swapped the 2005, I bought every needed component brand-new except for the spindles and backing plate/dust covers, and the half dozen metric bolts that hold them on each rear knuckle. That method totalled up to about $1000 in parts, and then Kevin and I self-installed everything. 

CT doesn't have U-Pull style junkyards... 

Anywhere? 

:huh:

... why not? 

37 minutes ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Anywhere? 

:huh:

... why not? 

I have no clue why not. It pisses me off that we don't here. But it is a good thing since then I would have alot less money...

On 7/14/2016 at 6:44 PM, ShelbyRacer78 said:

I have no clue why not. It pisses me off that we don't here. But it is a good thing since then I would have alot less money...

Yeah they do. Leveille's in Somers is a u-pull.

Spent a lot of time there with a friend who had a habit of wrecking his Hilux on the regular.

• Like 2

I'll probably put the rear disc idea on the back burner along with some other ideas that I have for the car. But over the weekend I took out the factory resonator and put in a Thrush glasspack. All the rasp that I was getting above 3500 rpm is gone and it no longer sounds like a rice burner. 

bqGVw5R.jpg

UVpxa24.jpg

8akDNaJ.jpg

10MyKk6.jpg

So far I'm pretty happy with the results. While I was under the car I also fixed up the 3rd cat delete even further and I have gained some more exhaust clamps in the end of doing it. BTW an exhaust video will come soon.