• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
ShelbyRacer78

Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

482 posts in this topic

Why yes I can!!

IMG_20140504_160530.jpg

That looks good. Now to decide if I go shorty or powered.....

Thanks!

I might get a powered one at some point.......

Both the Cutlass and the CVPI have their radio antennas embedded in the glass... far better than either a conventional or power antenna IMO and it's too bad there isn't a way to retrofit that. Reception in the cop car was no different than what you'd expect with a regular mast; it's slightly less robust in the Olds but the entire system is also 37 years old.

Both the Cutlass and the CVPI have their radio antennas embedded in the glass... far better than either a conventional or power antenna IMO and it's too bad there isn't a way to retrofit that. Reception in the cop car was no different than what you'd expect with a regular mast; it's slightly less robust in the Olds but the entire system is also 37 years old.

GM did the antenna in the front glass, way back. Wires between the layers of glass. Not very successful. Complex process. Really expensive window replacement.

My Lin Cont uses rear window antenna. Ribbons of material like the rear defroster material. Right across the top, double ribbons, cross connected, Wire connects at the top. Looks simple, same thing is defroster which is not an option on some states, like NY. Been required for years here.

-chart-

Fixes and Mods happened today.

Fix: The glove box hinge is now fixed thanks to some piano hinge.

IMG_20140328_150448.jpg

Mod: Finally wired in my extra trunk light, popped two fuses doing this.

IMG_20140328_163518.jpg

LEDs are planned in the near future.....

How did you pop fuses? Accidentally touch power to ground? :D

And the glovebox, did it have a plastic hinge before?

Yes, yes and yes.

GM did the antenna in the front glass, way back. Wires between the layers of glass. Not very successful. Complex process. Really expensive window replacement.

My Lin Cont uses rear window antenna. Ribbons of material like the rear defroster material. Right across the top, double ribbons, cross connected, Wire connects at the top. Looks simple, same thing is defroster which is not an option on some states, like NY. Been required for years here.

-chart-

Yep.

The CVPI uses the defroster grid itself as the AM antenna, and the FM antenna is this zig-zag deal just above it.

Yellow fogs on a Sable........such a middle finger to society.

IMG_20140513_200819.jpg

And I love every bit about them!!

1 person likes this

That looks good. Funny, I always wanted to do an HID conversion with yellow for the fogs.

1 person likes this

Oil change done today. 820-S filter and 5W-30 oil.

Does your sable have a duratec or Vulcan?

Does your sable have a duratec or Vulcan?

All LS Premiums had Duratecs. So yes I have a Duratec.

All LS Premiums had Duratecs. So yes I have a Duratec.

Nobody likes a smartass. :P

I actually didnt know that.

2 people like this

Another C&C event in the books!!

IMG_20140504_063356.jpg

I get there REALLY early.

nyhtazpidazqd9ivhkrb.jpg

Most people wonder: "Who let grandad in the show with that?"

Totally jealous of your sunroof.

1 person likes this

Totally jealous of your sunroof.

I love my sunroof!

Got a new sunload sensor today. and I'm happy to say my A/C works wonderful now and so do the autolamps!!

She hit the milestone finally!!

IMG_20140525_200649.jpg

Happened yesterday when I was going to a cruise night for the late night crowd.

Some other stuff has happened to her too, but that will come up tomorrow.

Welp the chin spoiler is BACK!!!!! 

IMG_20140603_140416.jpg

IMG_20140603_141343.jpg

See if you can spot the unnamed mod..... 

Well I've thinking about this mod ever since I got Allison. If you remember my carbon fiber panels that I had made for Ashley then you remember I took them out and put them in Allison. I had some vinyl leftover from that mod. So today I finally pulled the trigger and vinyl wrapped the front door switch panels (with panels from Ashley). I like them alot since go along with the rear door panels. 

IMG_20140604_125420.jpg

IMG_20140604_121032.jpg

I think they came out great for someone with little talent on vinyl wrapping!!

1 person likes this

Looks good man. Not sure I could give up my "woodgrain", but that definitely looks nice.

Looks good man. Not sure I could give up my "woodgrain", but that definitely looks nice.

Thanks! I never was a fan of the whole woodgrain seen.....

1 person likes this

Thanks! I never was a fan of the whole woodgrain seen.....

10 years ago, I wasn't either. Haha

I installed Mach Audio, SHO wiper arm over the weekend, and tan cluster surround was installed today! Other mods have made their way on her too, but won't be seen till tomorrow (She needs a good cleaning from Carlisle). I'm also very proud to own her, she never skipped a beat during the whole trip (apart from me needing to do the PCV vent tube). 

I installed Mach Audio, SHO wiper arm over the weekend, and tan cluster surround was installed today! Other mods have made their way on her too, but won't be seen till tomorrow (She needs a good cleaning from Carlisle). I'm also very proud to own her, she never skipped a beat during the whole trip (apart from me needing to do the PCV vent tube).

SHO wiper arm? What's the difference?

Okay here are the mods in order of installation time: 

IMG_20140609_100046.jpg

That was put on in a parking lot before the show. (V8 SHO wiper arm)

IMG_20140609_100207.jpg

Now she finally sounds (on the inside at least) like an LS Premium

IMG_20140609_100101.jpg

Best deal of the whole weekend!! 20 lug nuts for $20 (That's a $1 for each one!!!)

IMG_20140608_113832.jpg

Something to help my eyes at night instead of one big green display.

IMG_20140609_100108.jpg

Last minute mod before the show ended (these were only 50 cents for 1, $2 for all 4)

There is one mod that is not mentioned that's because it looks best in the dark. I'll try to get a picture of it later on tonight. 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78