• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
ShelbyRacer78

Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

483 posts in this topic

I wonder if Hertz installed a tracker on my car..... Good deal you removed it! No telling who might be able to track you. Stinks about the IAC. Take it back after you've gotten the other! Looks like you had a good time yesterday. I'm guessing a car show seeing the cars in the background.

I now need a MOTORCRAFT IAC though. The damn Hitachi one is s**t on my car...

Weird, no one saw that coming XD

1 person likes this

Weird, no one saw that coming XD

Me? I'd get a used one from JY and clean it. Both work just fine.

Have spares, one for Lin one for Sables.

They could be put on the wrong vehicle as the holes and connector same, but it would be a bad deal. Not gonna try it.

One issue with aftermarket is "is it for the right cubic inch engine?

-chart-

This:

Dat 6k redline.......

I got bored this weekend:

IMG_20140412_195222.jpg

I got bored....and I have 3M molding tape.....alot of it......THIS WON'T HIT OR HURT ANYONE IF THERE IS A CRASH.

It is finally done............

Before:

post-2386-0-87851300-1397514595_thumb.jp

After:

post-2386-0-41188600-1397514694_thumb.jp

3 weekends of sanding and painting. AND I LOVE IT!!!!

The low coolant sensor has been unplugged and the sport badge has been removed as well.

Today, Allison got some "new" speakers and a proper K&N panel filter as well as some "new" 24V DOHC badges. And she also met a another member today too!!

10171876_10202098224201777_1839286067327

Recharged panel filter (I'll be checking my MAF soon)

10273942_10202098310803942_6132794477284

I even found a sticker for the intake too!

10174906_10202097742269729_5881343999841

one of my "new" speakers!!

IMG_20140502_124925.jpg

Nice Fusion Sport, I wonder who owns it?......

1 person likes this

Installed a shorty antenna today: 

IMG_20140503_134729.jpg

Good bye radio reception!!

Installed a shorty antenna today:

IMG_20140503_134729.jpg

Good bye radio reception!!

My sable looks very similar to yours. I've been thinking about getting one of those. Would you mind posting another photo a little more zoomed out?

Nice job gouging up the plastic :-P

Seriously, when you are working around plastic trim like that you should take some painters tape and mask it off, and be mindful of what you're doing.  That way you won't mar up the surfaces as badly.

Nick is right, that is a delicate area. When I installed my power antenna I must have searched though a dozen cars before finding a nicer plastic "bucket" and chrome nut.

On that note, you should install a power antenna. That's always a fun modification.

1 person likes this

Nick is right, that is a delicate area. When I installed my power antenna I must have searched though a dozen cars before finding a nicer plastic "bucket" and chrome nut.On that note, you should install a power antenna. That's always a fun modification.

That does sound like fun. Is there a how to some where on here?

Not on this forum, there are pieces on the other site but nothing concrete. Several members including myself have done the power antenna mod, so the knowledge is here.

First step is finding the rare sedan power antenna motor, or modifying the wagon motor to fit the sedan. Both require drilling at least one hole in the inner trunk sheet metal to mount the motor.

Wagon one fits better on a 4th Gen Taurus sedan to due the curvature of the upper mount.

IIRC the wagon mount has the larger rubber top around the mast, the sedan has the short tip. I found a sedan antenna and it fit perfect. I think either woks fine.

Wagon one fits better on a 4th Gen Taurus sedan to due the curvature of the upper mount.

IIRC the wagon mount has the larger rubber top around the mast, the sedan has the short tip. I found a sedan antenna and it fit perfect. I think either woks fine.

*Sorry for the thread jack*

What cars had the option of power antenna? 3rd/4th gen wagon/sedan? So I know what to watch for in the yards...

No 4th Gen sedans.  Only 3rd Gen sedans and all wagons have a power antenna.

Gen 3 Taurus with SE comfort package I believe (this is where I got my sedan base), SHO, and maybe Sable LSP. All wagons as well.

Another C&C event in the books!! 

IMG_20140504_063356.jpg

I get there REALLY early.

nyhtazpidazqd9ivhkrb.jpg

Most people wonder: "Who let grandad in the show with that?" 

you should install a power antenna. That's always a fun modification.

Until the mast strips and an automated car wash snaps the antenna because it won't retract.

I did that once.  Oops.  So long $25.

Until the mast strips and an automated car wash snaps the antenna because it won't retract.

Daughter did my wagon. Wanted to pay me. NO, I hated it. Hear it grinding when I shut of the car before, now worse. I unplugged it and made an adapter and stuck in a regular JY antenna where the old one broke off. Works just fine.

Just my op.

-chart-

I never run my car though touch car washes anyway, only touchless for me.

My sable looks very similar to yours. I've been thinking about getting one of those. Would you mind posting another photo a little more zoomed out?

Why yes I can!!

IMG_20140504_160530.jpg

1 person likes this