• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
ShelbyRacer78

Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

487 posts in this topic

I like those rounders

They really make the car look a lot better. Now you better burn off whats left of the old tires with multiple neutral drops

5 people like this

BUBya0j.jpg

PSB7QPXl.jpg

1n2K2bhl.jpg

Volvo wheels on a sable 

3 people like this

On 7/14/2016 at 4:22 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

When I disc-swapped the 2005, I bought every needed component brand-new except for the spindles and backing plate/dust covers, and the half dozen metric bolts that hold them on each rear knuckle. That method totaled up to about $1000 in parts, and then Kevin and I self-installed everything. 

$1000 for rear disc, lol. I've been slowly getting components for the rear disc swap. I have one order left to make and I can officially get everything onto the car. 

Posted (edited)

It happened!! Rear disc installed!! 

dw5il3A.jpg

7O1fPb8l.jpg

Also did the front brakes. Raybestos advance tech rotors on all 4 corners with Hawk HPS pads on front and rear!

https://goo.gl/photos/ZVcuNdhzrWQCiBEo6 

Best moment ever right there^

Edited by ShelbyRacer78
3 people like this

That would have been the last mod I did to my Sable.  U can really tell the difference!  Oh well, it's gone now.  It was a good car!

2 people like this

ayyyy, welcome to the correct century!

2 people like this

Plugged the A/C compressor back in and gave it a charge. Its like nothing ever happened. Compressor isn't knocking and there's no horrible sounds coming from it. PLUS I can't see or find any signs of leaks or loss of refrigerant.... God I hate this f*cking car...

took the sable over to Long Island and had a friend detail what's left of the black paint... 

Before. 

K4m30Rnl.jpg

After

56Wnifdl.jpg 

QjXIjINl.jpg

Pretty happy with the results. Up close the paint shows its cracking sadly. But from 5 feet away it looks really good!

1 person likes this

Welp, last week and last weekend I filled that 6x9 hole in the rear deck of the sable. I tried wiring in JBL rcu with an aftermarket amp and subwoofer but that didn't work. Went with a line-out converter on the mach rcu to make me happy. Rockville 6x9 subwoofer and a Rockford Fosgate amp with a 4awg KnuKoncepts amp wiring kit. 

tuVpKNU.jpg

replaced that spacer with a smaller one so it'll fit under the parcel shelf 

zwo2nLY.jpg

I'm sure the wiring could look better but I'm still looking for the proper trunk liner with the home for the CD changer...

Overall I'm happy with results filled that missing part of the audio experience I was looking for. 

D56qUH5n7KJA_Ypib4D5wOcZaZnoBrNI_Iww2spk

forgot to post in here that i got the power passenger seat 

Posted (edited)

158jpX7.jpg

Also got a proper subwoofer and box. 10in kenwood with a carpeted and sealed box 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78

Couple years ago the thermostat piping failed on me when the port for the return line broke off. I replaced it back then with the Dorman part..... 40/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND. (you'll see soon enough) I finally got my hands on the proper motorcraft unit which included a new thermostat housing. Also had a chance today to replace said unit. Here's the pics from the job.

p46kETM.jpg
Wonderful new Motorcraft unit. 

7s7W7O2.jpg 

POS dorman removed

Hiyw8Fl.jpg
Motorcraft installed 

5TM3nKT.jpg
went and got some worm gear hose clamps to replace the grenade spring clamps. 

Nq4MzpK.jpg   
This is why you shouldn't cheap out on part. I really tried to take the dorman out in one piece.... That didn't happen... All the plastic turned brittle, the hoses were able to be torn apart by hand and the return line snapped off as soon as I touched it. 

And of course, you all know i keep the car looking good... 
EGQ8z9h.jpg

63jONah.jpg Might, could have a super rare mod coming in the mail soon for the car....

Edited by ShelbyRacer78