• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
ShelbyRacer78

Shelbyracer78's 2002 Mercury Sable Ls Premium (Allison)

482 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

And as said here's the exhaust video: 

No, here it isn't. 

Just now, Brian_05_SEL said:

No, here it isn't. 

Working on it lol 

Fixed!

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

Fixed!

Why can't my Vulcan sound like that?

Stupid Duratecs.

:P

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Angrod said:

Why can't my Vulcan sound like that?

Stupid Duratecs.

:P

Shaht ahp, Bahb! 

Am I going to need to post a video of the SHO exhaust to put that Duratec back in its place.

1 person likes this

I may give mark a ton of shit (read: I give mark a ton of shit) about everything,

But at the end of the day, We're still ricers family

2016-06-04 07.47.50.jpg

2016-06-04 08.11.35.jpg

2016-06-03 10.56.17.jpg

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Thub said:

Am I going to need to post a video of the SHO exhaust to put that Duratec back in its place.

Yes. Yes you do. 

I like those Mach 1 chin spoilers.  Where can I find one?

16 minutes ago, IanDMacDonald said:

I like those Mach 1 chin spoilers.  Where can I find one?

American Muscle, LMR, UPR, ebay. Google search for one lol. It does need some trimming after installation, but only where the lip end at the wheel well.  

Put a nicer, newer, not rusty exhaust tip on the car. Vibrant performance stainless and polished. It is a weld on so I had to bust out the flux-core MIG welder. yxjfHeF.jpg

Very time I use the welder I think I get better 

KsUx3OW.jpg

On the car 

Also got a pair of 880 3000k HID bulbs to replace the 5000k bulbs I had before.

9V9CfRXh.jpg

And! I got a pair of mustang MIL eliminators from LMR. Got rid of the P0420 code! 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78

tumblr_loil83wq101qkfp71o1_400.gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

tumblr_loil83wq101qkfp71o1_400.gif

Calm down bro! 

Got a proper trans temp gauge installed, and just got a pair of ford fusion fogs to retrofit into mine...

AhtfFWM.jpg

QEdNdjZ.jpg

p5exnLx.jpg

Got some H11 3000k hid bulbs for the fusion fogs. 

Is that gauge installed by just pushing it into the middle of an air vent? 

1 person likes this

I have been busy. I got the fusion fogs mounted and aimed. And even got some Volvo wheels I'm currently restoring. 

eIumZr7.jpg

OgV9KTq.jpg

I went with 3000k bulbs again and now I have fog lights that you can really see down the road with. Now for the wheels, I got volvo sirona wheels. All 4 of them for $100, they have some curb rash on them but that doesn't scare me. 

ylXfNXL.jpg

They bolt right up to the car and even the center bore is the same! No need for centric rings! 

YSdxQha.jpg

The Specs on them are 17x7.5 with a 45mm offset. I plan on getting a 225/50/17 tire on them when I can.

3GX82JN.jpg

MaQDjzA.jpg

Here's an example of the curb rash I'm cleaning up. I went from that^

NgVAwDw.jpg

To that^ I followed the video ChrisFix on YouTube did for fixing alloy wheels. 

5v6y1lt.jpg

Here's another one

YCUoPjF.jpg

Now you'll see they have a "diamond" cut finish to them, that's not staying due to the curb rash fixing. Instead I'll be doing them metallic silver and the inserts will be a darker metallic grey. I really can't wait to get them on the car but I'm gonna be happier getting them the way I want them. 

2 people like this

Wow its been awhile since I've posted anything in here...So here goes nothing lol. 

Last friday I was going some research on dynamat and looking to see if there were any cheaper alternatives to it and to my surprise there is! Aluminum Roll Flashing from either Home Depot or Lowe's. 095959062513.jpg

Works just like Dynamat just a sh*tton cheaper. 

Now I installed 2 rolls over that weekend on the sable. I first when for the back speakers and rear parcel shelf. rfMIIDU.jpg

After that was done i did the front 2 doors of the car where the other speaker live. That was roll one completed. 

The next day I went to my friend's house and I got the carpeting out to do the same thing to the floor of the car...

zPn2y7M.jpg

This is what I was presented with, when I got the carpeting out...

S48nWPE.jpg

Rust... Just lots and lots of rust...Now I had both of my best friends telling me to fix it. So that's exactly what I did. We all ran back to my house for the welder and to the hardware store for more wire for said welder. 

bHoE7HD.jpg

Cleared out what we could of the rust and got started welding. 

kHSEk8C.jpg

Thankfully we already had some metal "in stock" to fix the hole my floor. 

vkcyCL0.jpg

Finished product in the end. Painted and welded in place.

TKmax5g.jpg

Even put some of the flashing material on it too. I did the empty spots of bare metal on the floor of the car with the "Discount Dynamat" as i call it. 

Now with all of that work done about a week ago now. The interior of the car is MUCH quieter and the audio system sounds 100 times better than I ever thought it could. $40 for 2 rolls of the dynamat and I almost have Lincoln levels of interior quietness. 

2 people like this

That's niiiice. I always wanted to Dynamat my car but the price turned me off. I would run out and buy the same stuff you did but the car is a rust bomb anymore and I can't justify spending money on it.

I'm jelly.

Bla bla bla bla, volvo wheels, refinished 

Tx5fdUbh.jpg

bare metal

ZKEXZKhh.jpg

self etch primer

ZKEXZKhl.jpg

Filler primer and then wet sanded with 600 grit

qXZ9a1X.jpg

did them all with a black base coat 

gLfdWHAl.jpg

went with a graphite metallic 

81mJCVS.jpg

got the volvo center caps wrapped in black with mystichrome lettering 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78
2 people like this

looking good mark cant wait till carlisle this year

Finally got the pics right. thanks johnny. should interesting at nationals this year!

1 person likes this

Tab modded when i changed out my bad inner tie rods. Air hammering the passenger side spindle back up into place lead to it cracking and breaking. Along with tearing the CV axle boot making me need to replace it. Got a "new" spindle and replaced it. "New" spindle got the few month old timken hub and a new moog ball joint i had in stock. Took me less than 24 hours to do the job. 

xQx0YQg.jpg

rHiudHVl.jpg

vcrxIAyl.jpg

aEHBQbyl.jpg

dOQMG09l.jpg

Also soft modded the new spindle to let the strut slid up and down in the spindle easier. Will more than likely do the same to the driver's side when i replace that side's ball joint.

BTW, there's no dust shield for the rotor on the passenger side. Didn't survive the removal of the new spindle's OG hub 

ZVgPsEcl.jpg

Got a chance to take care of some little things when that stuff broke. I'm happy its all fixed now.

V96EbaZl.jpg

Car was slammed when it broke lol. I loved how low it was hahaha

1 person likes this

Oh and I got some rear disc parts in stock and on order. Can't wait to frisbee the old drums across the yard when I have everything. 

Those Volvo wheels turned out great. With the SVT center caps, you would think those were newer Ford wheels.

Maybe it might be worth undercoating the car to protect your replacement patches.

vy7HAei.jpg 

Welp, it happened 

2 people like this