Here's my 2013 Dodge Charger rental while my Taurus is in for surgery

1622120_482672978511566_73266838_n.jpg

1545962_482672951844902_1909350449_n.jpg

and I received my first speeding ticket :P

1622674_482728205172710_1806214810_n.jpg

It's a 3.6 V6....One of the most fun RWD cars I've driven I'm hoping it snows before the Taurus comes back so I can play in parking lots :D

My buddy had one as a loaner. He drives an '06 Vette as a daily driver. We tried to do a burnout in the Charger and it would not spin the rear wheels. Interior fit and finish was horrible. Popular car around here though. See plenty of the SXT and SRT models too.

The officer did not mark your alleged speed or the posted speed. Looks like an easy ticket to have thrown out to me.

My buddy had one as a loaner. He drives an '06 Vette as a daily driver. We tried to do a burnout in the Charger and it would not spin the rear wheels. Interior fit and finish was horrible. Popular car around here though. See plenty of the SXT and SRT models too.

The officer did not mark your alleged speed or the posted speed. Looks like an easy ticket to have thrown out to me.

Did you drive a new charger? The old 3.5L motor sucked compared to the new 3.6L. I like the 3.6L in the new chargers. Chryslers only good motor.

Wish I could transfer those NC plates onto the Taurus...I love having out of state tags :P

I'll just leave this v6 burnout here...

If I'd attempt that in my Taurus the ax4s would explode.

Edited by mh488

I'll just leave this v6 burnout here...

If I'd attempt that in my Taurus the ax4s would explode.

I think that'd demolish any Ford Tranny :ph34r:

I don't even think my 4R70W can handle that in the Bird :lol:

(Well, once J-Modded, it should be just fine ;) )

I have done some really gnarly burnouts with RWD Fords with Automatics, namely Aerostar, F-Series, Ranger, Thunderbird/Cougar/Mark, etc.. I trust a RWD Ford trans more than a Chrysler product any day of the week.

I've been told if it isn't J-Modded, expect trans failure :ph34r:

I've been told if it isn't J-Modded, expect trans failure :ph34r:

The Marquis has done a few burnouts and gets driven hard once in a while and nothing has given up yet. 4R70Ws and most AOD-derived transmissions hold up pretty well with proper maintenance, go look at police interceptors turned taxis running on original stuff (without modification). The J-Mod really helps shifts making shifts quicker and firmer.

Did you drive a new charger? The old 3.5L motor sucked compared to the new 3.6L. I like the 3.6L in the new chargers. Chryslers only good motor.

It was the previous model. '11 or '12. Fat pig. Roomy though. Back seat was decent.

The big boy 4r100 can handle it, I've seen it first hand on multiple super duties. One guy I know won a burn out competition with his F250 7.3, just absolutely roasted the rear tires.

The only weak link in that trans is the electronics, which are minimal anyway. But the MLPS plug isn't water tight, so the contacts on the switch tend to corrode and fail. That, and the VSS are the only problems my parents have had with the transmission in the truck.

I think Ford changed the trans a lot between the OBS and the SD to handle more power. The torque converter is the really the only issue, and that fact that the early ones didn't get a trans cooler.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Taurus back after 17 days kept the Charger for the first 9 days and swapped it out for a Jetta Sport Wagon, Honestly I preferred the Jetta 

Was it a TDI or 2.5L? I love our "tiddy wagon". My cousin has a 2013 2.5L sedan. The gasser is zippy and DSG trans shifts well, but I prefer the surge of the turbo diesels torque and the ability to skip gears with the manual. The interior fit and finish of the JSW is superior to the sedans. The wagon rides and handles much better too.