Vash

Wtb: Gen 4 Sable Ebony Interior Pieces

Hey guys, looking for the last three pieces I need for my interior swap. 

First thing is I need a Mercury steering wheel in black with leather. Needs to be good shape, but not necessarily great shape. 

Second thing, ICP trim again in black, with woodgrain. Same conditions apply for condition.

Third thing and the least important to me would be the defroster vent/dash bolt cover, again in black, same for condition, needs to ambient light sensor opening.

Cheaper the better for this stuff since I am no hurry. Just looking to find this stuff before spring/summer if possible, but not too worried about it. Steering wheel is the most important, the rest I plan to plastidip until I can find the correct parts.

Shipping would be to Paynesville, MN 56362

Please let me know if you have any leads to these parts! Thanks guys!

I should mention what I am looking for is the later gen 4 'Black' 03+ or so. Not the earlier Charcoal.

I briefly just looked through eBay and a few other places for a steering wheel but didn't see anything even close to what I want. I would consider new if that is what it takes to get what I want..

I can probably get you everything but the steering wheel. Selling airbags in NYS is illegal, they pop them which destroys the wheel. I am not sure what shipping would run... probably not cheap.

I can probably get you everything but the steering wheel. Selling airbags in NYS is illegal, they pop them which destroys the wheel. I am not sure what shipping would run... probably not cheap.

Airbags can be removed from steering wheels easily, what a waste, another stupid New York State law.

I'm sure I can track down some of those items come spring, the short distance between us should reduce the shipping cost.

Was the Mercury "cough drop" Gen 4 steering wheel available in black or was it a dark graphite like color?

It was, but it was a short run. I know Nick would know for sure the span of production but they should have used them in 03, maybe late 02 also? Thought I remembered hearing that at well...

The biggest item I want right now is the steering wheel, mine has a huge chunk of leather missing and those dang aftermarket covers either don't fit well or don't last long, I am on my fourth one right now..

As for the ICP trim that would be the next thing, it is a little easier to ship than the defroster plate..

You guys will just have to let me know what you find.

Thanks Paul

If anyone else that is helping look wants my number they can pm me for it and I will send it out. I sleep kind of late so I don't promise I will answer til like noon haha

Should be late '02 through '03, since I'd imagine it was added along with the lighted cruise buttons.

Nope.

Only 2003 model year interiors will work.  The black was changed for the 2003 model year.  Just like the gray and the beige were.

Cruise buttons pop out of the steering wheel easily.

I did not go today on account that it was so freaking cold. It didn't go above 10 here today. Plus windchill was below zero, so I am sure you understand. Of course next time I go, I will be looking.