Sign in to follow this  
TaurusDailyDriver

Carlisle Ford Nationals 2014 Meet

ROTB 2014 NE Chapter

It is official! This is the Northeast Members' (along with some other chapter's members) Big Meet and Event this year. It is happening, and if you want to get in on the action, plan to be there!

To get in on discussion, to commit to going, or to toss ideas around, feel free to post here: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/91-northeast-chapter-forum/177563-2014-ford-nationals-carlisle-pa.html

logo_event_ford.jpg

MEMBERS ATTENDING:
TaurusDailyDriver
Josh
Sable476
bpd1151
mjhpadi
ShelbyRacer78
Mikey_Vr
thefranchise713
95Taur
Bull Geek
Jeff K
REDTRUCKCHASER
2011TAURUSSEL
rohand901
tesmith47
JIMMER
Chris F.
Trus03
Jxshx3
Tyler B
SHOffeur
Rubix
Plotnik
bamsho
SHOdded
mjs3891
markssho
bykr
DCinDC
erinclancy94

Kodachrome Wolf

Ben

Raybob95

(Committed, but don't see your name here, or is something incorrect? Contact me!)

TO BE INCLUDED IN THESE PLANS, REGISTER EARLY. ROOM BOOKINGS BEGIN EARLY FEBRUARY. We will continue to book the same hotel until it gets full, then people are on their own. Either they must find an alternate hotel, or try to contact those who have booked to share a room with them (and costs)

What: Carlisle Events: Ford Nationals 2014

Where: 1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013

When: Friday, June 6 - Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cost: $55 to register (with limited discounts here and there for those signing up early!)

Sign-up Here: Carlisle Ford Nationals Showfield
TCCA (which has the most members) is a recognized club. We will be joining Liberty SHO. Sign up for whichever you prefer.

239 - Taurus SHO - Stock
240 - Taurus SHO - Modified
242 - Midsize/Fullsize - Station Wagon
243 - Midsize/Fullsize (1986-2014 Taurus and Sable Sedans fit here)

Lodging: Hotel Arrangements will need to be made. It would be ideal to have everyone at the same hotel, and sharing rooms would bring the cost way down.
This is a very likely option: Econo Lodge
I am open to other options. If people have points and perks, for example a member loyalty program to a specific hotel, please contact me!

Itinerary to be created.

Please contact me if you are interested in going! You need not commit yet.

This is going to be a great time!

Edited by TaurusDailyDriver

I'm still interested, I just got to see what is going on this summer around that time.

I'll probably be bringing the Grand Marquis, however, if I do make it. I'll keep you updated on this.

As I said... any ford vehicle is allowed to come and take part in Taurus/Sable events such as the cruise. Probably along the turnpike. I just want to get us all together in one spot.

Sandy, any good ideas on where a bunch of us could take a cruise?!

I'll show up in the 91 Marquis wagon or the 00 Taurus sedan.  Hoping to be honest to do the trip in the latter…save the battle wagon for the station wagon meet in late June in Deleware.

Now that I have a car that's up for the trip....I may just have to give this a thought.  Taking vacation at Advance should be no issue.  I hope I can find 2 new good 18" chrome wheels by then....the two on the front of my car are a little beat up.  Let me mull it over....

Jeff

In the past, Ford Focus groups used to go under each of their separate names - FocalJet, Focus Canada, Focus Fanatics, and one or two other Focus groups. Each club had anywhere from a couple to several dozen cars. And every year the Merkur group beat them in numbers. In 2011, the Focus groups came up with a new name, Focus Rising, and everybody registered under that group name. Focus Rising won the group participation which meant the following year, Focus Risng was given indoor space. Since SVT-WGN was one of subgroup winners, we could have displayed our car inside. Alas, we have not made the last two events.

So here is the suggestion, have TCCA and TSOC register under a new name, such as Taurus Rising (no bull). Oops, I am sure you can do better. In 2011, we had over 100 Focus cars (Foci) if memory serves me. Neither of our cars is ready for competition, although I really did enjoy 2011.

So go for it, enjoy, you will not regret the weekend.

I'm going to be there Saturday, but won't enter my car(s).

I live an hour away so I just park and walk in.

I've been going to this show every year for years and years and I gotta say this year is shaping up to be the biggest Taurus turnout ever. It will be cool if everyone actually shows up.

That is my intention to get as many people as possible. Been contacting anyone I can. Feel free to spread the word and get as many people to come as you can!

Updated List.

"Sandy, any good ideas on where a bunch of us could take a cruise?!"

Sorry,  I don't have any idea. Maybe Rubix does since he's been going to the show longer than I have ? I'll be there, but not entering ThirdBull. 

Will probably park and walk in. No firm decision just yet. (Head is foggy from flu meds the past 3 weeks !)

Has TCCA been registered yet as a group?  I'll do the showfield with the rest of you !  I'll book a room somewhere. It's a long haul back and forth between Carlisle and Enola. Has anyone reserved a room  ? 

Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!

And we have a hotel in mind in Harrisburg, but it seems nobody will get back to me about booking it yet.  So I assume that I will book my room along with others who follow, and have others continue to book there until it is full. Then people are on their own.

TCCA is a registered club at Carlisle now. Probably will be doing something with another club... that way we have more people and get perks. Although I am in contact with Carlisle staff to combine the two.

I really hope more people can make it. 29 people are going.. and I hope it stays at that number.

Up to date.

Plans are going to be closing up, so get on board if you are ready to commit. If you don't commit, it doesn't mean you can't come, but you may run into more issues if you decide to plan later on.

Hotel: I know many people are asking me about this, and I apologize for my lack of info there. School is my top priority of course, but when time allows I am going to be getting word out to the folks interested in going so we can snatch up as many remaining rooms as possible. EconoLodge is a decent choice in lodging, as it is not a bad area, is relatively close to the fairgrounds, and is not overly expensive.

The Econolodge is a decent place from what I've been told. Lot of hotels around the turnpike catering to the truck trade. All the hotels in the area tend to jack up prices for car shows. 

I'm all registered now so will have to get Third Bull all prettied up this spring !

That is Good news!

I am thinking the econolodge is going to be it. There really isn't much more of a choice.

How close is it? Looked anywhere within 30 minutes of the grounds?

http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-carlisle-pennsylvania-PA655

I don't pay much attention to online hotel reviews. There's always going to be someone who's not happy with a place. I think for the price, it's OK. Just keep your valubles with you and not in your car in the parking lot or room. (But that's a rule I have no matter where I stay, even down in Columbia on roadtrips to Nick's place. I trust no one.)

I wish I had a big house and could offer it up to all of you. Unfortunately, I have a small apartment meant for one. 

Okay, I'm in for this, so add me to the roster.

I'll be bringing the Grand Marquis up for the event.

Should I put my club down as TCCA for this?

Ha yes, anyone affiliated with the club can sign up for either TCCA or Liberty SHO if you have anything against the first.  Awesome! Glad you are bringing the Marquis!!! :)

Got a good look at the abuse poor Third Bull has taken this winter. Going to take some time to buff out the ugly stuff....and now it's supposed to snow again next week. Dammmit.. I'm sick of it.