• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated. As always, we appreciate ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $1,000.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. You are always free to make a standard donation towards the forums, but if you aren't already a paid member, your donation can include extra benefits!   Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
Jeff

Marilyn: Jeffs 2009 Sable Premier

188 posts in this topic

They are hard to find... Not just that but if you find them they usually aren't in great shape... Just a poor design by Ford!

I know but I was hoping. On another note...the 09 got a new battery today and on another I found out my car has an aftermarket alarm/remote start system. I called Brian freaking out because the car wigged out on me after I replaced the battery. Luckily, by chance I pushed the blue led button on my dash while on the phone with him and it seemed to have stopped it. Seems I reactivated the aftermarket system and it thought I was stealing it and my factory fob doesn't control it. All is well now but my heart sank because I was afraid id have to take it to the dealer to get it to stop honking, flashing the lights, and cycling the interior dome lights....literally it did this for five to ten minutes before we got it turned off. I'm never disconnecting it again!!!!

Jeff

Oh wow, sucks you don't have the fob. I had the same thing happen on my 4runner. Disconnected the battery to reset the computer after some maintenance and it went nuts when I reconnected it. I had to find the alarm module and take it out as I didn't have the fob and the dash switch did nothing. It's still in the glovebox lol

Mine is just a remote starter and no stupid aftermarket alarm.

Well I cleaned up the interior today. Also cleaned and conditioned the seats, dash, steering wheel, and door panels. I don't think it's ever been done before because the seats were very thirsty. I'll do this pretty often until they get softened up..then just maintain. I'm thinking of trying the griotts leather stuff. We sell it at work, but nobody has ever bought any. We will see....

Jeff

post-1374-0-01914600-1391040943_thumb.jp

I bought some of the Griots stuff on clearance for a nickel :P not the leather cleaner, but a gallon of their interior cleaner and it is good stuff. Definitely is premium quality. Sam loved the adams stuff, supposedly that worked well.

I love those nickel bargains.....lol. I used armor all leather care gel. I used it on my Toyota religiously and it's done a decent job, but since I'm about out I thought about switching.

Jeff

I used Maguire's leather care on the '12 Taurus, works very well. Smells nice, doesn't leave it feeling greasy like some stuff does. I used it on my old Mercedes-Benz, but the leather was already so bad in that car that it hardly made a difference.

I love my adams stuff. The leather and interior cleaner is by far the best leather cleaner I've ever used. The leather conditioner is really not that different from other premium leather conditioners but isn't as greasy as some.

Yea....I should probably condition my leather this spring....I've never done it. I think I have a bottle of furniture leather conditioner at home (like for leather couches). I'll try that stuff. 

Yea....I should probably condition my leather this spring....I've never done it. I think I have a bottle of furniture leather conditioner at home (like for leather couches). I'll try that stuff. 

Saddle soap, been around forever.

Most important is steering wheel if leather.

And my trick. I use it on the top of the dash, rub it on with damp cloth but do not wipe it off. Dulls the surface so less glare.

U are welcome. :notworthy:

-chart-

Saddle soap, been around forever.

Most important is steering wheel if leather.

And my trick. I use it on the top of the dash, rub it on with damp cloth but do not wipe it off. Dulls the surface so less glare.

U are welcome. :notworthy:

-chart-

Thanks chart! I do have a leather steering wheel so I'll have to do that too. I'll check out your trick if or when I get around to cleaning the leather :)

Saddle soap is nice to strip gunk or loads of polish build up off. Smells nice, too.

The PO told me that he doesn't have any additional keys or the alarm/starter fobs left to provide me with. I did explain that the car is under new ownership. But he confirms that everything he might have kept got disposed of a while ago. :rolleyes:

Really it's okay so long as the aftermarket system behaves. I can get another key for $75.

Jeff

Btw....I'm a sucker for OEM wheels so I ordered 4 brand new OEM Premier wheels in the other less rare style. They will be here in about a week and a half... Now to find a set of caps that fit that style wheel....

Jeff

2 people like this

I need to find some 17" wheels to put snow tires on...

I found you some!

1 person likes this

Finally!!!! There is silence in the passenger compartment. I replaced the offending air door actuator in white, with a lovely new dorman aftermarket unit in black. This was a super easy fix and only cost around 20.00. I don't know how someone could put up with that noise being as the cost to replace it is so small(if you can do the labor).

Jeff

post-1374-0-31137000-1391364955_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-71327400-1391365143_thumb.jp

1 person likes this

I purchased a new TPMS sensor band kit on ebay so that I can move my sensors over to the new wheels once they are received! $37.95 got me all 4 bands, new cradles, and new sensor locking clips... Hopefully they arrive before the wheels do! I was going to convert to the valve stem type, but decided to save $$ by reusing the sensors I already have.

Jeff

1 person likes this

I'll just leave this here.....

Jeff

post-1374-0-79687100-1392224489_thumb.jp

Aww man, that's a very sharp looking wheel. Bet they'll look great on your Sable. Can't wait to see pics when they're on!

I just purchased one new strut mount for Marilyn. I really think it may need both, but the drivers side is making so much noise I can't tell. Once I get that one done then I'll know for sure about the other side. I'm pretty sure it's making a little noise, but the main culprit is the drivers one. Also, John I haven't forgotten you! I'll get that out to you ASAP and thanks for the compliment! There are a few of us on here who collaborated on choosing that wheel. I pray they look as good as we think they will.

Jeff

I know but I was hoping. On another note...the 09 got a new battery today and on another I found out my car has an aftermarket alarm/remote start system. I called Brian freaking out because the car wigged out on me after I replaced the battery. Luckily, by chance I pushed the blue led button on my dash while on the phone with him and it seemed to have stopped it. Seems I reactivated the aftermarket system and it thought I was stealing it and my factory fob doesn't control it. All is well now but my heart sank because I was afraid id have to take it to the dealer to get it to stop honking, flashing the lights, and cycling the interior dome lights....literally it did this for five to ten minutes before we got it turned off. I'm never disconnecting it again!!!!

Jeff

At work I usually leave the car running while changing the battery too avoid stuff like this LOL I actually got the idea from a tech at firestone where I got my new battery recently :P

At work I usually leave the car running while changing the battery too avoid stuff like this LOL I actually got the idea from a tech at firestone where I got my new battery recently :P

BatHoldWires_zps0579000f.jpg

I would never risk the damage that could be done with that.

Pic of my jumper. I put one end in a donor car and short the other end with pliers to light the bulb and thus know it has power.

Unplug and plug the other in the car to have the bat disconnected, short the end and be sure the power port is active.

Then with the window down on the car to have bat removed run the cable to both cars.

While bat is being disconnected, do not open the door on the car so no power is drawn through the bulb.

If I accidently short the Pos cable while working, worst that can happen is the bulb will light.

Keeps the car memory and system from having to relearn its "ready for inspection" which is a pain.

In making this guy, have to keep the polarity the same on both ends.

-chart-

Edited by -chart-