• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Jeff

Marilyn: Jeffs 2009 Sable Premier

188 posts in this topic

As most of you already know recently I made an impromptu visit to Chicago(Des Plaines) to look at a low mileage 09 Sable that Brian had taken in on trade last month against the purchase of a Mercedes Benz. The trip was pretty uneventful except the SNOW and frigid arctic temperatures. My old trusty 00 Avalon made the trip flawlessly, though it was quite dirty at trade in time. Anyways, Brian was very professional and never once pressured me to buy it and he was very upfront about all the issues it had, which were very few, before I even left Arkansas. The car was beautiful! Everything I had imagined...then I saw the scratched up rear bumper and was immediately let down. Ill say this here...IM PICKY. lol I dont expect perfection 100% of the time, but I expect something close 100% of the time. After that I spent a few minutes of quality time looking over its 50k miles of bruises and bumps. Really though.....I didnt want to show my cards that I really liked it so I picked it apart...just a tad. Then came the test drive...boy what a big car this is on the road...but its powerful and pretty agile too. I was super impressed...I wasnt in a Sable. This car is not a Sable of old. This car is a whole another beast. Ford finally got it mostly right. Anyway, the deal was struck after some negotiations. I dont think I bid him too ******* it. We sat and chatted about TSOC and cars and whatnot and then after the paperwork was finalized I got back on the road at 5pm....Chicago rush hour was a nightmare. I felt bad I didnt have the time to visit more before heading back. Then 11 hours later I pulled into my driveway in one heck of a comfortable roadtrip car that averaged 28.8 mpg! Ive not taken many pics of her just yet....As of today she sits at just under 50900 miles. Ill post more as more comes along...

post-1374-0-86578500-1389842704_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-67232900-1389842734_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-00448600-1389842765_thumb.jp

2 people like this

Today I also changed the oil and performed the TSB for the strut noise. The jist is you pull down the dust cover and jounce bumper assembly and grease the heck out of the jounce bumper and strut rod using synthetic brake grease. Alas, she will need a new mount as it did not help. So, next week Ill get a new one on the way here. Im not changing the strut cartridges as they appear to still be in fine shape.

Jeff

post-1374-0-82726600-1389843644_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-18424800-1389843673_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-87627100-1389843790_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-87348800-1389843820_thumb.jp

Good deal man, glad you got a nice car. :) I look forward to keeping up with your progress on it.

You probably should have gotten a warranty on it. ;)

2 people like this

I dont drag race my cars.....lol

1 person likes this

A few pictures of the dash lit up. I really like the grey white color of the instrument needles on this car. The cluster is pretty snazzy. I also dig the analog clock and the choice of a very dark woodgrain trim. The interior is what sold me on this car...

Jeff

post-1374-0-85965800-1389845141_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-59974300-1389845163_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-92231500-1389845186_thumb.jp

What's the blue light from?

Aftermarket Bluetooth kit purchased by the PO, which is weird because it already has Sync. :P

Aftermarket Bluetooth kit purchased by the PO, which is weird because it already has Sync. :P

Hahahaha why on earth...

What Brian said....lol and it appears to do nothing. Ive tried pushing the button and nothing happens. If the dash hadnt been drilled to accept that button receiver Id remove it. Since itd leave an ugly hole..it can stay.

Jeff

My old trusty 00 Avalon made the trip flawlessly, though it was quite dirty at trade in time.

Anyways, Brian was very professional and never once pressured me to buy it and he was very upfront about all the issues it had, which were very few, before I even left Arkansas.

The car was beautiful! Everything I had imagined...then I saw the scratched up rear bumper and was immediately let down. Ill say this here...IM PICKY. lol. I dont expect perfection 100% of the time, but I expect something close 100% of the time. After that I spent a few minutes of quality time looking over its 50k miles of bruises and bumps. Really though.....I didnt want to show my cards that I really liked it so I picked it apart...just a tad. Anyway, the deal was struck after some negotiations. I dont think I bid him too ******* it.

Dirty, and with just one working headlight. :P My sales manager Donnie is actually sort of tempted to get it for himself...

Ah, thank you very much. Let me just say, TSOC members will always get the VIP treatment at Jidd Motors for as long as I'm working there. B)

Yeah... I wasn't fooled for a minute there, buddy. You're not a very good liar. ;) And Jeff did get this car out the door for more than a Grand less $$ than anyone else who might have just walked in off the street.

What Brian said....lol and it appears to do nothing. Ive tried pushing the button and nothing happens. If the dash hadnt been drilled to accept that button receiver Id remove it. Since itd leave an ugly hole..it can stay.

Jeff

Check the rest of that harness sometime. I bet it's disconnected.

Dirty, and with just one working headlight. :P My sales manager Donnie is actually sort of tempted to get it for himself...

Ah, thank you very much. Let me just say, TSOC members will always get the VIP treatment at Jidd Motors for as long as I'm working there. B)

Yeah... I wasn't fooled for a minute there, buddy. You're not a very good liar. ;) And Jeff did get this car out the door for more than a Grand less $$ than anyone else who might have just walked in off the street.

Let me know if any MKS EcoBoost's come your way.......... :o:);)

It's a clean car for sure! What color interior again? Looks like you're missing the woodgrain package and nav and adjustable pedals which means no memory seat. Otherwise real leather, chrome wheels, and the rest! Moonroof!

That car is a beast for fuel economy. I'm honestly truly amazed. I mean the fusion sport weighs 400-500lbs less and doesn't even get 18/28mpg! For how big the gen 5 is it really should get lower fuel economy.

The headlight worked when I drove it in your lot though....lol It was just upset I traded it in for a newer nicer model... He should get it. An overly maintained car like that is a rare find... I think I did pretty good on the deal given the circumstances and Im really pleased.

Jeff

1 person likes this

Sam,

It is black perforated leather with memory and heated seats/mirrors. Dash does have woodgrain...its very dark wood. Ive never seen a car with as dark of woodgrain. its very classy. Only option it doesnt have is factory nav and power pedals as far as im aware.

Jeff

Oh it does have memory! No adjustable pedals though?

Dash has woodgrain but its NOT the woodgrain package! You are 100% missing the woodgrain package which puts woodgrain where the chrome trim on the shifter is and on the steering wheel.

Whats your VIN?

See here on my options: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1MEHM42W88G611525

Edited by breeves002

I kind of like the brushed aluminum trim on the interior. It matches the brushed aluminum mirror caps and door handles on the outside.

Jeff

Wood package, nav, power pedals, and the trunk pack accessory are the only optional features separating your two cars.

2 people like this

Let me just say, TSOC members will always get the VIP treatment at Jidd Motors for as long as I'm working there. B)

It's a long drive down to your dealership from where I am lol. I'll keep that in mind, though!

I'm serious though... Get an MKS EcoBoost..... let me know first!

Car looks good, hopefully it lasts you a while with minimal issues.

Right as I was going to buy the Volvo an 08 Taurus SEL showed up for sale locally for $3800 with some body damage. Really wishing I would have considered that car more..

Run the VIN through the window sticker while you still can.  That function should be closing for 2009 models soon.

I like the interior color esp with perforated leather.

Wonder how the rust issues are with the Five Hundred/Taurus from 05-09?

But you are in Arkansas, so no issues there.

Only have seen a few rusty cars of this body style... and guess where....

The freakin dogleg. Mostly 2008-2009 Tauruses.

That pic of the front wheel off looks very rust free. One year in our rust belt would look worse.

Low rust car, in a new low rust location, no problem.

LoRust_zps67cd1570.jpg

Pic of my Lin bought used from VA. First place I look is under the rear bumper and the tale is there. I have just walked away from cars after looking. And this after one winter for me in the RUST BELT.

I could post a pic of my Rust Belt '01 Wagon but it might just spoil your day.

-chart-

Edited by -chart-

Run the VIN through the window sticker while you still can.  That function should be closing for 2009 models soon.

I like the interior color esp with perforated leather.

Wonder how the rust issues are with the Five Hundred/Taurus from 05-09?

But you are in Arkansas, so no issues there.

Not yet, but all '08 models are purged as of late December. I use that online tool a lot here at the office for researching our F/L/M inventory. ;) The other salespeople here only know that I'm able to get original '09+ Munroney labels... through "magic". B) I already gave Jeff a copy of his car's original window sticker at the time of delivery. 

No rust epidemic that I have seen on them, and these cars have been on the roads in Chicagoland since 2005 (Five Hundred/Montego, same diff...).