Sign in to follow this  
MadScientist

Door Ajar/check Engine Lights Stay On

It's been a long time since I've been on here.  I'm the idiot that reverse engineered the RCUs for preamp outputs and bluetooth compatibility over on TCCA if any of you remember me.  Anyway, after having my 2000 SES in storage for a couple of years, I decided to get her back on the road for a family member to borrow.  After changing the fuel pump and all the fluids, filters, battery, etc. she fired right up.  

She has a problem that I had forgot about though.  The door ajar and check engine lights stay on at all times if the headlights are off, and don't work at all if the headlights are on.  There are no codes to justify the check engine light and the dome light works fine so it's not the door sensors.

After digging around here and at TCCA, I saw that several people have had this issue but I never found a definite resolution posted.  Most of the posts pointed to it being a possible GEM issue, so I went and picked up a couple of them this morning from an '02 and an '03.  I now have lighted entry  :icon_razz: , but the problem persists.

Scouring through the wiring diagrams, I'm seriously thinking that it is something in the cluster.  I am just curious of anyone else has had this issue, and if so, what the solution was.

Did you figure it out? If so post the fix too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I seem to recall a friend having that problem several years ago. I don't remember the specific fix, but it was in the cluster and there was voltage being back fed to cause the lights to come on.