Sign in to follow this  
The White Falcon

Jbl Sub Wiring.

I'm having the harness between the subwoofer and amp rewired (the person who pulled it just cut the harness ends off rather than pulling the wiring out). One end has four wires, the other has five. Does anyone have the diagrams or an idea of what goes where?

Would you like me to just grab you a harness at the yard?  I think there's a JBL car at Pull A Part right now...

Let me pass this diagram onto my father and see what he says. I can kinda make sense of it, but he's the master electrician, which is why I asked him to do it lol.

The JBL harness is separate. 1 end goes into the RCU, and it will have the power lead hanging off the side, this goes into the same harness that the CD Changer uses (They share :) )

The JBL Harness includes the CD Changer and Sub harness.

Then the other end goes into the subwoofer.

Looks more for 1990-1995 JBL's... 96 is a wee bit different.

I know.  I have it in my car.  The sub cuts bass at anything over 1/3 volume.  Meanwhile, the highs will make your ears bleed at anything over 1/2 volume. :-o

Edited by FFVulcanPowah

I live it loud :)

The JBL Gen 3 system was amazing in my 05 Taurus.

LOL my stock subs just keep getting louder... :P

They will start to bottom out and distort like crazy if you go too loud. Usually they reach a point where they won't go any louder, but if you have the bass boosted enough..... It starts to sound like crap! I do have TWO 6x9's though :) 100w RMS to them.

Oh and that extra 20w has to go to that sub... so you don't get anything extra really... except for the sub lol. It's all about the programming.

After looking at that diagram it seems pretty simple. 3 wires to the sub, one of the ones coming from the amp goes to ground, one goes to power. Don't jack up that shield.

Newer wiring diagrams don't put nearly that much crap on one page. That's just obnoxious and hard to read. . . . . . . Like my car has a diagram of the sub amp to the ACM, then separate ACM to APIM, etc etc...

Edited by breeves002

Mitchell does it, and I love it. Like when installing my RKE into my Thunderbird. All the wires are there, so it's a roadmap for me. Only 1 page I need to be totally concerned with.

I see what you're saying, but its helpful to have things BIGGER.

Sometimes its a pain, but other times it is helpful. I see what you are saying.

Good ol' wiring diagrams. Can't get enough of them!

www.revbase.com/bbbmotor - great resource for wiring diagrams and TSB's for any car.

Edited by breeves002

JBL provides more power than the Mach? I thought they both produced 80 watts?