Highlights From My New Job...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just in case thats not proof enough....heres a snapshot of Marilyn parked in front of my old house in Springfield, IL....on its long trip south. Jeff PS you know youre dedicated when youre posting

Drug test and background check time. The countdown begins.

Watch the title is in the van

Posted Images

OK. Let me see what I can do. Bring along a Tyvek suit...

I bet that van is cleaner than most houses I go into for work :rofl:

Is someone telling ME that a side of forced air can't be had in half of a heartbeat? I think I could also find a JY 7.3 turbo and CPU in seven or eight seconds. This thing is a huge prize, IMO.

I won't be home for weeks, looks like Kev has the inside track on this odd beast. Dammit.

:huh: Et tu, THub?

Oh ye of eternal Turbodiesel appreciation, why would you say such a thing when it's the torque that matters?! :P

I'll trust what my buddy who owns a powerstoke says.  He's driven and worked on those old non turbo diesels.  His turbo 7.3L puts out 550 ft-lbs stock, a non turbo is like 300 ft-lbs if that.

Say if it is a diesel you would have to drain the entire fuel system before trying to start it.  If it has ultra low sulfur diesel in the tank there will be tons of algae coating everything.

By the way.

1987/1988 was the year they switched to the 7.3L

According to my buddy the early turbo engines were junk and needed to have the head studs replaced which is pretty much custom work.  Good news is that this van would have the older motor so not a worry.

WOW! You get to fool around with some really fast cars! I couldn't tell, was one of those Merc's an AMG? Regardless that has to be such a kick ass job. Am I the only one who thought of this guy when you said velour interior? ;)Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 5 weeks later...

Square-ass. :P This 1999 V70 GLT wagon was a trade in towards a 2011 Mercedes C300 Sport, so my friend and fellow salesman (whose Saturn SL1 5-speed winter beater is about to die) ended up taking it for a pretty good deal.

7f4dee644b38ff141e2a50f23a6c5bbd_zps102f

4d8fdd77f5e6321755a20045b34edb73_zps10c0

a0671a6f9a7ce140cb07a65ada509a0c_zps34c3

5c20c7945f552d3cb9a08a23097ca38f_zpsbd00

8f7f0f1ab6b4c6e3120b9c08ad4e8082_zps3698

2011 F-250 XL Crew Cab with an 8' box. 6.7L Power Stroke Turbodiesel V8 with automatic, and fully ready for fifth-wheel or gooseneck towing. Huge, boxy, and painted all white. Folks, I'd like you to meet "The Refrigerator". :D

4e3482c6ffb7be4e7edead0cda5b7c5b_zps8d45

I know at least Kevin will appreciate this. :P I actually got to sell a college student her first car while she was home in Chicagoland over the Thanksgiving weekend. This 2011 Aveo5. Their very first reaction to it on the lot? "Oh, it's SO CUTE!"

092bded7dd93d1f296bc4882d694cd37_zps9a02

We had recently acquired a total of 36 Mercedes Benz GL450 SUVs at auction, each 2012 or newer. All of them have already been sold, except for two (one white, one black).

The Aveo sold before tonight when I got the Sable in, LOL. That placard was right underneath their actual rear tag, so I assume it was just left in place when he bought the car from a Carmax store, and they were kind of lazy while performing delivery prep on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I confirmed from the title that the towing rig you guys saw is a 1985 Econoline 350 chassis cab, originally built with the 6.9L Navistar diesel V8. The body is a rare Centurion aftermarket sleeper cab/pickup bed with fifth wheel-style towing receiver.

Oh, and the title has been located in our business office. Get it into running condition onsite, put in a new key/cylinder set, and make a reasonable cash offer... the first person to do so gets to drive this rig home. ;) Already cleared this with the boss.

Someone is going to be the proud owner of a 6.9L IDI with a whopping 170 hp and 315 lb-ft.  Mechanical fuel pump, indirect injection vegetable oil loving machine.

Ive actually seen a couple of those Econo Rigs at car shows, They are very rare in rust belt states, since the sheetmetal from those days wasn't the greatest. Those things are really nice when fixed up.

Somebody bought a VW Passat CC, and traded in this... :blink:

2012 Sprinter 2500 cargo van, high roof with 170" wheelbase and SRW. It makes our GMC Yukon XL Denali and Infiniti QX56 look hilariously small, when parked side-by-side.