• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.

167 posts in this topic

Not bad. You're only $130 above what Scarlett cost me just to bring her home on the first day....

1 person likes this

I purchased the new power steering pump today at Oreilly. I chose a masterpro pump because it uses the OEM white colored reservoir.  Probably not the best in decision making just going on aesthethics, but I'm trying to keep with authenticity as much as possible. Plus, the paint job they put on the Cardone pumps is very questionable in quality and I had to put 3 Cardone pumps on my 92 before I got one that lasted. Pump carries a lifetime warranty for $43.99..it says it's remanufactured on the reservoir, but even the bare aluminum casting looks brand new and looks as if it's never been mounted on a car. Advance sells a line of waterpumps that say they are remanufactured on the box, but are indeed brand new....just carry the same warranty as a reman part....so it may be a new pump.  I also picked up some aluminum colored engine paint to make the aluminum parts look relatively new and leave a lasting finish that won't really corrode like the original bare aluminum did.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

Just an update...

I had to put this project on hold due to the extreme heat that has just only begun to dissipate.  With temperatures of near 100 and heat indexes up to 116, I did not feel like messing with the wagon.  It would be excellent if I had a garage that I could work in and this would be a non-issue.  Within the next few weeks to a month it should start cooling down and I'm planning on finishing up the engine work.  Engine has been disassembled and wrapped in plastic for a few months now...I'm looking forward to seeing how this car drives down the road fairly soon.  I'll update more as things start progressing along.

Jeff

Exciting things in store for the wagon soon! I'll post more as I know more.

Jeff

3 people like this

Some of you may not agree but I'll leave this right here.

2015-12-06_18.58.46_zpsjvxt9ulq.jpg

There's a gallon of paint there....should be plenty to do the wagon and jambs. Any guess as to the color? The bumpers and side cladding will be Brilliant Silver Metallic since I have plenty left from the 09. I think the wagon will look smashing and most definitely unique.

Jeff

1 person likes this

Rose Mist? :ph34r::D

1 person likes this

Rose Mist? :ph34r::D

You won!!!!! Now I need to find out if the clear coat is pearlized or not. The paint is heavy on red pearl as it is. I ran out of the omni red pearl and had to use the deltron red pearl to finish it off.....it took 2 1/2 6 ounce bottles of pearl just to make this stuff....

Jeff

1 person likes this

Sweet! :D

I know with my wagon, when I go to rebuild her, I kind of wanna paint her the same color as the blue bird. I reckon I can get some of that paint pretty cheap.

If your brother still works for O'Reilly then he should get a major price cut on mixed paint. The markup is ridiculous on paint and employees sometimes only pay 1/3 of retail on paint. Depending on the color.

Jeff

That he does and that I did not know, gonna have to talk to him tomorrow lol, I miss driving my wagon, I took her for a small joyride today with the plates from my Blue Bird. :P

Holy ****! That's a lot of Rose Mist! I can't wait to see how it turns out! 

1 person likes this

One thing I plan to do to my station wagon prior to the rebuild is getting one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-lb-pressurized-abrasive-blaster-68992.html

Figure I can blast all rust off, then put a clean coat of primer on in the engine bay area, then put some heavy duty bedliner coating to protect all the surfaces from winter.

I know it has been a while, but any update on the '89?

1 person likes this

I have collected all the parts to repair it.  I put it on hold to do my moms Impala.  That car is pretty much done.  Next summer I'll start in on the wagon.  I pulled it out in the back of my house by the fence for now.  I haven't forgotten it.

Well, Nick already knew this, but after giving it some lengthy thought and after offering it to a few folks on here with zero interest....I said goodbye to the 89 Wagon a few weeks back.  I did not sell it.  I gave it and all the parts to fix it to a co-worker who needed a car for his son to drive, but didn't have the money to purchase one.  It became clear that while I had the best intentions to put it on the road....I kept shuffling it to the back burner.  Rather than it sit in my back yard forever I did what I thought was best.  I know that it will see the road again in the next few months as they were tearing into it last week to start repairing it to return it to service.  I know it's not the update you all probably wanted, but there it is.  I'll keep you all informed on it's progress.

Jeff

1 person likes this

What a kind man you are 😀

I would have loved it, would have been a good donor body for my 95's rusty body. But I have too many projects myself as well. Maybe had I had some extra numbers in my salary, and a bigger piece of land (like Nick's) I might have taken it to do eventually. But my village bitches about every little thing I just want to minimize all my vehicles and be a "normal" person with just 3 vehicles to my name.