Is This Stock? Body Color Lx "ford" Emblem

I saw a 94 Deep Emerald Green LX sedan today and the Ford oval on the trunk had a body colored background in place of the typical Ford blue. Is this stock? I have never heard of or seen such a thing before. This car was low optioned for an LX I would say, Vulcan, cloth, no sunroof, had keyless, premium audio and floorshift. I'm kicking myself for not snapping a pic of it...

No. Someone must have customized that. Ford's existing trademark on the Blue Oval emblem wouldn't extend to making multicolored variants of it, nor would they ever try to do it from a marketing point of view.

Car was crashed and the owner said the front emblem was missing before they got it 6 months ago. So nope...

It just looked so... Perfect

I have seen writeups around on how to remove the clear top acrylic cover, and you basically would have to scrape or sand the blue paint away. I suppose it can either be left all silver or repainted a new color at that point, if desired.

Yes there are a certain style of badge (ford has used many techniques of making badges over the years) where the badge consists of a chomed plastic piece with a chrome oval recess. Then inserts a clear plastic piece which has recessed letters filled with chrome on the backside and is painted blue on the backside for the background. Find 2 of these that are of identical size and shape. I just went around the junkyard busting badges off till I found one made this way then found others of that same car to take from. Mind you different locations of the same car have different badges. Ex: the front badge is mounted at a different from the rear badge.

A very common badge I've found is where when you pry the plastic out, the chrome letters are actually part of the chrome back. That kind won't work here.

You'll need at least two because one you will bust the clear plastic insert out of trying to save the chrome. One you will break the chrome away trying to save the plastic.

Then you can sand off all the blue then use fibe sandpaper to get a relatively smooth finish. Then paint rhe back your cars color or whatever color you wabt and epoxy the badge back together :)

I have heard of this but IDK I just didn't want to believe that that is how this one was made.Thought maybe you bought it online, I have seen black and a few other colors recently on eBay.

Here's a write up:http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/517436-colored-ford-emblem-any-color-easy-do-it-yourself.html

Except I used duplicolor spray. What I did to mask it off was just stick the badge face down onto the back of a strip of masking tape. You'll probably get paint on the edges still but that doesn't matter. You just have to keep the face clean.

Yeah, guys would do the rear badge on Contours, they have a couple write ups there. Except on those you have to break the entire rear spear in half to get it apart.. I was going to try it on one of my old cars but sold it before I ever got around to it..