Vash

Junkyard Finds

The phone in the armrest was a neat concept. I had one '96 Cont.

You could remove the phone and use as a hand held on a cord, or leave it in the holder and use it with the mike up near the visor and the radio did the voices. Voice command learned it's masters voice. So you could call a favorite with only a voice command, or a radio button. The dash display told the number you called or recieved and how long the call was going.  Old school technology for car phones soon out of date. Had to take the car to a service center and they programmed in your service provider. Rather expensive to use in the day.

For it's day, had really long range, clear voice cell. Worked clear way beyond hand held cells of the day.

Old ain't all bad. :nopity:

-chart-

That little Capri is a 94. That year is very hard to find. If it were an xr2 model it would be much more desirable. My friend has had a couple. Has a 93 xr2 for sale right now actually.

That Rosemist 50/50 upholstery in NOSHO... hmm. :ph34r: *starts counting loose change in the sofa and both cars' cupholders*

Well, those phones were analog. And honestly, analog is amazing, just not efficient.

Sadly, analog is very inefficient. It's great, because of it, but in a day when our RF Spectrum is so tight:

http://frrl.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/frequency-allo-chart.jpg

Digital is king since it's easy to compress, and of course: Encrypt. So much more we can do with digital.

I've only used a car phone about a few times. Was the best thing in the world when I was a kid. Talking on a telephone while in a moving car. Amazing :)

That Rosemist 50/50 upholstery in NOSHO... hmm. :ph34r: *starts counting loose change in the sofa and both cars' cupholders*

Going to go swapping interiors on something soon?

Purple goes above and beyond red in some cases, lol.

I say do it! A Rosemist Interior would be absolutely sexy. In fact, I'll help you! :thumb:

We could pull the entire Interior and do whatever it takes to make it all work :ph34r:

I say do it! A Rosemist Interior would be absolutely sexy. In fact, I'll help you! :thumb:

We could pull the entire Interior and do whatever it takes to make it all work :ph34r:

We know this is true based on the digi-dash swap that is in progress.

Lol, well, I need to go to the junkyard to get even more parts. I take 2 steps forward on the project, then take 3 back with difficulties. I also discovered there's some additional parts I should have as well.

Ahh, f**k it. B) Why not?

I get paid tomorrow, Kevin. Let me see how much I have to play with for my junkyard funds this month. ;)

JY714b_zps4dd69d6b.jpg

Yep $5 and long walk. Latest buy car, hinge tabs broken and mega fuse cover missing.

Along with the rest of missing plastic goods, most now replaced.

Thank goodness for JY.

Some cars die that others might live. :notworthy:

-chart-

Went down to the yard today and held off on getting the turbines. I did get something however, but I'll get to that later.

To start off, I forgot to take a picture of the Super Coupe. It was still mostly there. :hmm:

But there was this Lynx:

R8yrn8.jpg

And a fairly clean L model:

CwSqdv.jpg

D3CGbX.jpg

Now the part I got had to come from to this (a sad '94 MGM):

LrA6rj.jpg

That's not the worst part:
D2kQA1.jpg

giphy.gif

Yes, all the way from the floor to the ceiling.
InRPYj.jpg

I'm fairly certain I've seen this car on Craigslist, except it used to more purple with Tinkerbell sprayed on the hood, but the interior was the same. However, the steering wheel was in good shape and after a cleaning looks like it might be okay, even if it is not the exact shade I was looking for. I will use the air bag as well, but will keep an eye out for a better one as the cover has nicks and discoloration making it appear a bit lighter.

:rofl: @ Eddie Murphy

Was the owner color blind?

Found a '87 Taurus L at the Atlanta East junkyard with manual mirrors. I almost thought it didn't have a passenger side one at my angle of approach, but it did upon inspection. This thing was an absolute stripper model with a 3.0L V6 w/AC and nothing else.

0uBcU2.jpg

e7SCrJ.jpg

Found a '87 Taurus L at the Atlanta East junkyard with manual mirrors. I almost thought it didn't have a passenger side one at my angle of approach, but it did upon inspection. This thing was an absolute stripper model with a 3.0L V6 w/AC and nothing else.

0uBcU2.jpg

e7SCrJ.jpg

Cool thing about all manual cars is less crap to go wrong.

I like power everything a little more, though. Haha

Holy #%@!

The first time I've ever seen mirrors like that!!!! I WANT!!!

Holy #%@!

The first time I've ever seen mirrors like that!!!! I WANT!!!

Both mirrors are intact on that Taurus in the Atlanta East Pull-A-Part. Mirror glass seems good besides needing the adhesive cleaned off the driver's side.

I could go back up there some sunny day and get them for you and either ship them or give them to you should you be attending Nick's meet in October.

Both mirrors are intact on that Taurus in the Atlanta East Pull-A-Part. Mirror glass seems good besides needing the adhesive cleaned off the driver's side.

I could go back up there some sunny day and get them for you and either ship them or give them to you should you be attending Nick's meet in October.

The gears in my mind are turning on this, you'd think I had connections in the Pull-A-Part world. I might be able to get a hold of the manager and see if he could hook me up. I will be at Nick's place in October anyway. I don't want you to go through a hassle for them. Who knows what it takes to get them off anyway?

That 87 wagon deserves 1 fewer electrical feature.  No power locks or windows...I say no power mirrors either!  get the blank out cap for the switch too!

Cool thing about all manual cars is less crap to go wrong. I like power everything a little more, though. Haha

Screw that s**t, I’d never spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a car just to have to reach across the damn cabin and wiggle a lever to coax the right side mirror into position. Power accessories included, or no deal.

• Like 2

Manual Mirrors are acceptable in a Festiva, or even a Metro, but not a Taurus :lol:

I think I've adjusted my ' 87 mirrors twice in a years time. That was to see the trailer in tow. No big deal to me.

Next I'm gonna remove the power steering. :/

JY814_zpsca4280c0.jpg

Fairly successful day at the JY.

$20.

If anyone does not know what these are, just ask. :read:

-chart-

Cruise Control recall clip and... The piece of rubber that goes on the leading edge of the hood?

Cruise Control recall clip and... The piece of rubber that goes on the leading edge of the hood?

Rubber thing is rain hat extension. Hard to find, most are GONE from the JY.

Leather Cont shifter, nice condition. Allready treated with saddle soap, clean and on the Sable.

My Sable up for sale has broken grille, hole in it size of a beer can. Found this one last pass as I was ready to leave. Rough looking car over with the pickups. Easy picking.

And the fob, from the box at checkout, pick and choose, $8. Nice min wear on pads, turns out batt good also.

Something must be wrong. Murphy's law is still active.

-chart-

good finds chart!  Those Sable grill clips are a silly design.