Vash

Junkyard Finds

Are you somehow implying that Vulcans are unreliable engines? :angry:

:banned:

Not implying that in the slightest, as Vulcan owner.

The Point I was making is that the reason there were so many bulls produced; is because of the Vulcan. It made the car affordable, and allow more Tauruses sold over the completion.

I love my Vulcan. No stones thrown here.

Also, looks like a spruce green 2002, the rims look good. From the one you can actually see.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by thesavo

No, just that it wasn't a huge loss.

You sick, evil bastard. :P

Cool thread idea. I will have to dig when I get home, I know I have some stuff.

I like this console in an early Gen 2 Taurus LX:

IMG_2892.jpg

I think if I find one in tan... I might be interested in a swap... :ph34r:

I will lose my single crappy cupholder, but I have a feeling I can convert the tape holder into a cup holder. :P

IMG_2895.jpg

How's about Power window delete panel, BUT Power Locks!

Or a newer Gen 2:

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

Never seen such a base Taurus GL, not even cruise control. But it DID have AM/FM/Tape.

There is a cup holder insert for the earlier models.  Rubbery mat.  Holds 2 12oz cans.  I wonder if I still have that insert...works on at least the 86-90 consoles.

I'd totes switch my console over if I could have two cup holders.

That Taurus I saw at the junkyard appeared to have the single DIN Change/cupholder insert.

I bet that console is less noisy too :ph34r:

PIcked up a donut spare, never used, no rust, at the JY.

$9.99. literally "picked up". :pat:

But the wheelboro broke down and I had to put the shaft back in the barrow wheel.

-chart-

PIcked up a donut spare, never used, no rust, at the JY.

$9.99. literally "picked up". :pat:

But the wheelboro broke down and I had to put the shaft back in the barrow wheel.

-chart-

Junkyard wheelbarrows are the best. I had one that I was using when I was helping my friend get a set of rims that had the back mounts broken through and would twist left and bind if it was pushed to hard. That was a few months ago and recently the yard has been rebuilding and replacing many of them.

IMG_2918.jpg

:(

IMG_2919.jpg

:( :(

IMG_2920.jpg

Actually looks fairly clean :(

But, I also found this:

IMG_2917.jpg

Clearly, the Mercury Sable can fit at least two more bodies in that spacious trunk. Someone clearly discarded a Hyundai Salesman in one :P

• Like 2

Speaking of Thunderbirds, there is a '64 in my Pull-A-Part. Looks like someone was restoring it and gave up. Appears to have been originally red (under the hood), resprayed green later on, was primed in spots, body filler applied, sand marks, and so on. Might have been someone's dream left to rot under a tarp until it got to the yard. It happens to be the car I snatched the horns out of. I know it has that interesting swing away steering wheel option to make it easier to get in and out of. 

There are always some disappointing cars to see at my yard, so I'll start taking more pictures.

Also, the Sable might be able to fit a Hyundai salesman in the back, but does the ass drag? It's hard to evade the police when your weight ratios are screwed up. :D

Here's an older find of mine:

ineb.jpg

I would have breezed this by as any early Aero Grand Marquis, except I knew exactly where it was from because I had fired it up months prior at an auto auction and moved it around a bit. It was high mileage, but had no check lights and ran well, didn't even blow blue smoke, so it had good valve stems. It needed front end work with some creaking it had, but overall it was a useable car. The dead giveaway for me was the distinctive audio wires that ran from the trunk to where the head unit used to be. It was not present at auction, and still wasn't at the yard. I don't think the car accumulated more than 40 miles after that auction, and this car arrived at the yard months later. Whoever was trying to sell it probably wanted too much for the things that needed attention. :mellow:

We will never know, the tires were gone so the car was sitting on the dirt. I can only assume since it was a Gen 2, it wouldn't have much sag. And even if it did sag... It's an older car, it's expected :P

Asshole, I told you not to post that. :P

Well, it's posted now. Perhaps, should have done what a celebrity does, offer to buy the picture so it can't be used :lol:

You notice the Excursion next to that T bird, another rare junk yard find. Most likely a gasser, and it's not smashed at all. Too bad it's now a junk title, that would have been an excellent shell for a Cummins swap.

My wagon I just bought, had missing:

Air dam, rear wheel well liner, tranny vent. and a broken marker light in the rear fender. (wagon thing)

Got cruse buttons with minimum wear. Switched the button tops to the existing working bottoms. Works fine.

Got them all.

Ford put things on for a reason, and shops just toss them. Lazy.

-chart-

Well, it's posted now. Perhaps, should have done what a celebrity does, offer to buy the picture so it can't be used :lol:

I don't negotiate with terrorists.

You notice the Excursion next to that T bird, another rare junk yard find. Most likely a gasser, and it's not smashed at all. Too bad it's now a junk title, that would have been an excellent shell for a Cummins swap.

'Twas a 6.8L V10. We checked.

A Rosemist Chevy Astro... dafuq?!

post-3-0-81993000-1405048838_thumb.jpg

This is a *very* tiny sexy outfit.

post-3-0-84967300-1405048852_thumb.jpg

Yup. That's not creepy at all.

post-3-0-37326900-1405048868_thumb.jpg

Dead bird.

post-3-0-90697400-1405048914_thumb.jpg

Porsche 924 and an old Lexus LS? This Elgin junkyard doesn't usually have such an eclectic inventory. I like it.

post-3-0-04439000-1405048901_thumb.jpg

And speaking of utter crap.... a Plymouth Sundance turbo!

post-3-0-02272100-1405048932_thumb.jpg

There's a Porsche 944 down at the Pik-A-Part on the empty side of town.

Also, 1979 Marquis Brougham. Mint green with 14" inch wheels and one wheel cover. lol

Nick, you should put the front bumper and grille from this car on the '87 wagon. I'll grab them if you want. I want to say Ford deleted the extra trim bits in the bumper no later than 1982.

ir4o.jpg

Was not a Turbo, it lacked a boost gauge. :(

Was not a Turbo, it lacked a boost gauge. :(

Oh? Factory ricer with the hood bulge, haha.

"Cool thread idea. I will have to dig when I get home, I know I have some stuff."

Rusty - you're back... as the line in the movie goes " it's alive, it's alive!!!

Good to see you again. 

JY714_zps4d3982e2.jpg

This trim better than mine on the '03 wagon. Someone removed the airdam and left it off.

I am sure if you went behind lots of shope, you would find this kind of stuff just tossed to save work. 99.9% would never know.

Removing either of these is not easy. The trim is lots and lots of little nuts.Hiding inside the hatch.

Airdam is under on the back on big rocks.

Also got rear wheel liner, and cruise buttons with good condition. Rear marker light.

-chart-

Oh? Factory ricer with the hood bulge, haha.

It was actually offered as the "power bulge hood" option. Also offered on early Mitsubishi Eclipses.

It was actually offered as the "power bulge hood" option. Also offered on early Mitsubishi Eclipses.

I believe this was correct, on the Eclipse the turbo was actually in a different spot from the hood bulge.