• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated. As always, we appreciate ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $1,000.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. You are always free to make a standard donation towards the forums, but if you aren't already a paid member, your donation can include extra benefits!   Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devin

Topic Finder

1 post in this topic

Topic Finder is a Work In Progress, and always will be... But for now I'll post an early build for now. Continually working on it, so if you see anything that should be updated, added, revised, wrong, please PM me, TaurusKev to have me fix it. 

Please do not PM myself or Devin for help or questions regarding a topic. Please reply to the topic with a question, or start a new thread on the forum so everyone can help.

Quick Etiquette in regards to replying to topics:
When replying to topics, please attempt to keep repair or howto topics... On Topic. There is an Off Topic section on TSOC for messing around. This helps new users find information or veteran users quickly find answers.

Quick Reference to Taurus and Sable generation years:
Gen 1 refers to 1986 - 1991
Gen 2 refers to 1992 - 1995
Gen 3 refers to 1996 - 1999
Gen 4 refers to 2000 - 2007 Gen 4.5 will refer to the refresh for 2004 - 2007 models
Gen 5 refers to 2008 - 2009
Gen 6 refers to 2010 and current

General Taurus/Sable Information:
Towing with a Taurus/Sable

Where was my Taurus or Sable originally sold in which market?

Remote Keyless Entry Programming

Ford Keying System - How does it work? Ignition, door, and trunk key information

Get your 1996 and up Ford Lincoln Mercury owners manuals here!

Find out how much your vehicle weighs

Determine what type of light bulb is needed for any make or model (External Site from Sylvania)

Maintenance/Repair and Service tips and Howtos

- Audio
         How to service and repair your power antenna

Power Antenna wiring pinouts for Gen 3 and 4

Can I Install Microsoft Sync/MyFord Touch to my Gen 1-5? No, you cannot

- Brakes
         How to change your brake pads on your Taurus or Sable

- Electrical
         Electrical pig tail connector information

Enable or Disable Auto Locks on Ford/Mercury vehicles, applies to Gen 1 - 6 Gen 1 and 2 require Keypad Entry

Troubleshoot and pinpoint Cruise Control issues with Gen 1 and Gen 2 system

- Engine Related
         Losing Coolant? Overheating? Possible Radiator cap failure

What is the proper antifreeze for my car?

Steam coming from the engine bay? Here's a possible list of causes... And what to check for

Intake Silencer Removal

Replacing your Gen 1/Gen 2's Distributor How-To - Useful for those who have issues with car that starts fine in cold, but hard to start when engine has warmed up.

Troubleshooting TFI-IV (Distributor related) Modules for Gen 1/Gen2. Also useful for all Fords with TFI.

- Duratec Specific
         Duratec Recall for throttle

Tips to making replacing your Duratec Alternator easy

-- Adding to that to replace the Duratec Alternator with pictures

-- Video howto without dropping subframe, removing halfshaft, or any thing but alternator

- Vulcan Specific
         Vulcan vacuum leak at intake manifold runner (04-07) – Symptoms: Hard starting when cold, surging or erratic idle, and hesitation on acceleration

Cheap way to restore power on 96 to 07 by replacing your Torque Strut

My Vulcan is making a chirping sound while it is running, almost like a belt squeak, but it is closer to the transmission. This is bad, it's your camshaft synchronizer -- Replace it with Motorcraft Only if you care about your engine lasting

- Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning Repair:
         Gen 3 and Gen 4 Heater Core replacement

How to swap from Standard Controls to Electrical (EATC) for Gen 4/4.5's, Gen 3's may be similar

How to get the A/C Clutch from spinning when trying to remove it, for cheap

- Interior
         Black disgusting ooze from my parking brake

How to adjust the column shift indicator

How to install power adjustable pedals in to your Gen 4 (This might work in Gen 3's)

Removing SJB/GEM -- AKA: Fuse Box from Gen 4's

Can I replace my middle seat in my Gen 3/4 with a console, but without a floor shift? Well yes, you can. It's the fleet center console

Water Leaking into your trunk? Give this fix a shot.

How to tell if a seatbelt pre-tensioner has been deployed. Here's a comparison in this thread.

How to tell on 1986 - 1995 if your subframe recall has been performed or not.

My 86-89 Taurus/Sable steering wheel squeaks when I turn it, what can I do? Clean the wheel contacts!

- Exterior
         Will 2004-2007 Tail Lights fit on my 2000-2003 Taurus? Yes, yes it will.

Adding Amber Turn Signal lights on 2004-2007 Style Tail Lamps
            Additional write up information here with a template.

Adding export market folding mirrors (Or Australian Mirrors) to a Gen 3/4 Taurus

Door Mirror circuit with puddle lamp diagram

Rattling from the hatch, here's a quick fix

Hood latch seem to stick? Hard to close? Perhaps it's time to clean it up, and it's not all that hard

- Suspension
         My car sags toward the rear on 96-07, what can I do? You suffer from SAS, Or Saggy A@# Syndrome

- Transmission
         What transmission cooler should I get?

- Electrical Misc
         Upgrading the performance of your lights

How to enable (or disable) the factory perimeter alarm for Gen 4/4.5 Taurus

Disable PATS (Spoiler, this requires a working PATS key)

How to access Ford PID's with a Scan Tool (Works for cars with CAN BUS, so Gen 4.5+)

Where can I find an entry point for a Gen 4.5 from my engine bay into my cabin?

Edited by TaurusKev
1 person likes this