TaurusDailyDriver

The End Of The Road For The 06 Bull - A Very Sad Day

So today on my way home from my first day of the Fall semester, I may have taken my last ride in my pride and joy.

At this point, I do not want to say any of the circumstances just because I have not given a statement to the insurance company yet. I do not want to even post a pic of the other vehicle involved yet.

Fender is pushed in badly to where the hood will not open, some wires have been gashed (pass headlight does not work, driver turn signal does not work), CEL is on for the for the FIRST time ever. Mirror is broken.

More than likely totaled -_-:( :( :( :( :( :( I'll be very very surprised if it is not totaled.

I just want to get this out there so I can get opinions. I love this car.

eaqv7o.jpg

Ahh, Paul that sucks. Probably totaled, no doubt the structure of the car was messed up. Did someone loose it on that slippery pavement?

Buy it back and fix her up! Don't let her go!!!!!

New fender and repair the wires and you should be back in business!!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

I will if that is ALL it is. I am not sure what damage is hidden. Seems that the OEM Centennial headlamps are still good though!

There's a few silver frosts in the yard on Sunday . I think they had their fenders . Most of the body harness comes in above the sjb. You may only need a fender . Did the air bags deploy?

You probably damaged the wheel sensor,to set off the Check engine light .

Sent from my crApple iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't look bad to me. But like you said, may be bad underneath. Time will tell. :(

Paul, take a break and think.

Total_zpsa2bba542.png

My case, insurance totaled according to NY law. If the fix cost is within $1K of the damage, must total.

They priced this one, took the deduct, and I bought it back for $406. Paid $44 for a hood, $30 for top glass, and paid a nice guy ~$340 to do the windshield and straighten the A pillar. So this car cost me less than $1K.

So 2 years 4 months, 30K more miles and it keeps on tickin. Took a lick too. As long as the air bags do not go off, most can be fixed. Of course in my case, the top has some "character" which I see no need to fix. Ins said they would have to cut the top off and replace it. Top cost alone ~$1100 plus tripple digit hours of labor.

My big labor was broken glass removal. Took the seats out twice and used a leaf blower and shop vac. Removed the vents and used compressed air and shop vac to get glass spears out of the ducts.

Best of luck on this one.

-chart-

Airbags did not deploy. Thank God. I'm afraid of those things!!!!

$406 for buyback eh? Not too bad. Considering it... but time will tell. I'll be updating as soon as I know what everything is...

OOHHH GOD!!!!!!!!!! Please fix it, you can't let go of that sunroof install!

Even if the airbags do go off you can replace them and reset the module.

I have put in so much time and money into making this car exactly what I want. I'd absolutely hate to lose it. If it is too bad, I may let it go. Hard to say without knowing whether it is truly totaled or not. Will update...

Very sad. I DO not want to send this car to the crusher.

This breaks my heart. You have tooo much invested in this car to give it up. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad underneath so you can save the Bull!

While it is very sad...think of the rust issues you had. Do you want to buy a car and sink a good amount into it when it's already rotting out? Obviously, no rush, but...

If anyone were to ask it... I figured that'd be you :P

Perhaps godfather's 2005 SEL. I'd also look at a couple local SELs with low miles. And there is also a nice local 05 Sable LS.

If not a Taurus, I would go the Fusion route.

Still, even with the rust... which FWIW, up here was really not that bad... I will do all I can to save it.

I'd like to think of this car as one that was well known around here and the other site.

And oh geeze. I am not going the SHO route or anything older than 2005 when it comes to Sables and Tauruses.

Edited by TaurusDailyDriver

No, no Sable! Ask Brian how much money his Sable sucks out of his bank! Ask Jeff!

You got me there!