Sign in to follow this  
Shade

Wow... Factory G3 Sho Floormats!

I went yarding today, and the almighty blessed me by letting me sniff out a late build 96 (styled and sold as a 97) SHO, that died from trans failure i believe...

two things happened that i am pissing the floor with excitement.

• I now have the only V8 SHO in the DL area!
  • the car minus rims is complete!!

The SHO lightbar i will be taking, but i managed to grab floormats! Factory ones too!! Grey cloth mats with purple embroidery!

check it!

post-60-0-21606100-1377034409_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-94790500-1377034428_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-03317900-1377034452_thumb.jpg

Im psyched!! cant wait for them to dry and get them in the car!

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

• Like 1

Nice catch. Proper color for 96/97 grey floormats. Now, if it IS a 96 you better go back for a couple gems.

Get the Football, RCU and Subwoofer if it is a JBL sound system. DON'T FORGET THE CABLE TO THE SUBWOOFER. It is, as they say, Unobtainium.

Also, on 96 Sables and SHO's they had a little 'brake light out' module in the trunk that the other jelly-bean years didn't have.

Gauge pod has the PRNDL which lights up too. Also deleted from 97 - 99's

• Like 1

Nice catch. Proper color for 96/97 grey floormats. Now, if it IS a 96 you better go back for a couple gems.

Get the Football, RCU and Subwoofer if it is a JBL sound system. DON'T FORGET THE CABLE TO THE SUBWOOFER. It is, as they say, Unobtainium.

Also, on 96 Sables and SHO's they had a little 'brake light out' module in the trunk that the other jelly-bean years didn't have.

Gauge pod has the PRNDL which lights up too. Also deleted from 97 - 99's

Lets see, the car has a build date of 09/96, so its technically a early 97... no V8 badging, and no PRND21 in the gauge face...

the football, and RCU shouldnt be a prob.

the brake light out shouldnt be a problem!

the rear rockers are unaccounted for, the fronts are there. typical taurus rocker rot. has one steel rim with a winterforce winter tire on it XD

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

I had a hybrid 96 / 97 once. Odd bull.

Don't bother with the RCU and football if it is a Mach system. Look at the sail speakers in the front doors, they will say JBL. Also, a center speaker in back is a dead giveaway.

Can you get the TPS connector and the wires between it and the rest of the harness?

Darn. Same thing up here with a rocker cover i needed. Fronts were there... Rears were not.

Paul you are going to have a hard time finding a set. I sourced mine from 2 different cars, picking the best of each of the four separate pieces.

The football for a 96 is no different from a 97 functionally. Except for the Compact Disc functionality on the 96s.

A 96-7 football have a few variations. Some lack CD function, some have CD w/"COMPACT DISC" logo, some just have CD button w/no logo.

Sometime during the 1996 year, they changed the climate control temperature button from Blue/Red to +/-. I've been pulling ICPs at the yards, and it looks like they changed it around the last week of 1996/first week of 1997.

Taurus LX models also had the "Rear Lamp Out" function too :)

So where is this.."rear lamp function module"... (pic) and if I happen to find one, will it work in my '97?

Found a rotted out Gen 3 (1997 built 04/97) SHO in my yard. First I have seen in this yard other than the 89 also in the yard. Has 128k. Did not see if cams were welded... too rusty and rocker covers gone :( Motor supposedly runs well.

2jdgzdx.jpg

207vyoy.jpg

Floor mats were there but really beat.

New York Fresh

• Like 1