Sign in to follow this  
Stocker

Gen Ii Police Cluster, Plus Some Free Stuff

I'm trying to empty my cabinets of Taurus parts, so here's the last of the stuff.

Gen II police cluster: Make an offer.

I tried installing this in my '92, but when I did the needle bounced around like crazy, while the odometers appeared to work fine. I have since re-checked it with a power drill and it seems to be fine now. I don't know what the problem was then or why it's not happening anymore, so try this one at your own risk (hence the "make an offer").

post-45-0-90896300-1374368717_thumb.jpg
post-45-0-42000800-1374368730_thumb.jpg

SOLD!

The following are free, just pay shipping.

1990-95 ashtray housing, modified for better positioning of an accessory bracket (CB, etc.) No lighter, no ashtray insert, although the insert may be hiding somewhere - I'll look for it if you really need it included with the housing.
post-45-0-43557400-1374368834_thumb.jpg
post-45-0-57696200-1374368855_thumb.jpg

1990-91 lockset - matched set of ignition and door locks and a matched trunk lock and glovebox latch assembly (blue). I don't have the trunk release lock. The door locks are/were illuminated, but I would assume they don't work. The trunk lock housing is cracked between the bottom of the outer flange and the main body.
This might work for '92-'93s, but I don't know if the trunk lock is the same.
EDIT: The ignition/door (square key) set will fit 1990-93 Tauruses and Sables (and, I believe, some Tempos, but don't quote me on that). The trunk/glovebox (oval key) set fits 1990-91 Taurus sedans. I don't know whether or not it will fit '90-'91 Sables or Gen II Tauruses (it will not fit Gen II Sables or any wagons).
post-45-0-89340900-1374369150_thumb.jpg

Essex valve covers (F3DE-6A513-AA and F3DE-6583-AA) - they came off a '93 and I believe they'll fit 1990-93. The '94-'95s are different but I don't know how much different. Don't know about the '88-'89s at all.
post-45-0-62952900-1374369298_thumb.jpg

Gen I Taurus deluxe wheel covers (E6DC-1130-HB), qty. 3 - One of them is in fair condition with minor curb rash, the second has more curb rash and a crack, and the third is badly scuffed and the emblem is broken. These are the 14-inch "ribbed" style and I think they came on all Gen Is. It may take me a while to find a box these will fit in. Given the condition I'm probably better off hanging the good one on the wall and tossing the other two, but just in case, here they are.
post-45-0-76223300-1374369721_thumb.jpg

Essex front exhaust manifold (E7DE-9431-AA) - fits any FWD 3.8 from 1988-95. Decent shape, 87K miles on it, and the nuts turn freely.
post-45-0-81069100-1374369770_thumb.jpg
post-45-0-40292800-1374369812_thumb.jpg

New-in-box Inwood rear drum brake shoes (SX599B), fits sedans from 1992-2007. I bought these several years ago and never used them.
post-45-0-05413700-1374435070_thumb.jpg
post-45-0-35020400-1374435099_thumb.jpg

Gen III gauge cluster bezel (F6DF-10894-AA) - a couple scratches on the bottom. Great if you want to try painting a bezel but don't want to have your dash taken apart while you do it (and/or don't want to screw up your original). Might fit early Gen IVs too?
post-45-0-47995800-1374447489_thumb.jpg

Shipped from St. Paul, Minnesota (or an outlying suburb thereof, depending on the time) or you can come pick them up.

Edited by Stocker

That ignition switch looks the same as mine... And I do need a new keyset for my car... The ignition switch on mine is busted up. So I am in no hurry to repair my steering column because I had to kind of put the key in just right for it to work.

I knew I was going to forget something! I've got a set of rear brake shoes as well. Added to the original post.

That ignition switch looks the same as mine... And I do need a new keyset for my car...

I forgot to mention about the ignition/door set - it fits '92-'93 as well. I don't know if the door locks will fit properly on the '94-'95s, finish difference aside.

In retrospect, the ignition/door and trunk/glovebox sets don't need to be kept together.

Hmmm.... Nick might know the answer. Wonder if he can chime in :P

Added the Gen III gauge cluster bezel I forgot, hopefully that's the last thing.

94-95 ignition will work, lock cylinders won't fit flush or look right. You'd have to swap for 86-92 door handles (or they are also used on 94-95 Taurus police models).

Kev - you need a 94-95.

Damnit. I want to rekey the main keys on that car... Wish I could find a complete set...

So I gota look for a wagon and grab the ignition, lock cylinder, glove box lock and tail gate lock w/keys. This should be fun :) From a 94-95 only.

Ignition/doors from any '94-'95, liftgate/storage compartment/glovebox from any Gen II wagon (bonus points if it still has the key with the jumbo-size head that only came on wagons).

can the certified calibration speedo be removed and installed into the housing of an 85mph cluster w tach?

Jeff

Yes

Can the locks recovered, be from separate vehicles then re pinned? If they aren't all available on the salvage vehicle I mean.

Edited by thesavo

id like to talk to you about purchasing the speedo. ill pm you.

Jeff

• Like 1

Received and replied.

Can the locks recovered, be from separate vehicles then re pinned? If they aren't all available on the salvage vehicle I mean.

Depends on which locks. As far as the Gen I/II goes, I'm pretty sure the door locks can't, since you'd have to basically break parts to get at the wafers. The trunk lock, yes, as long as the little cover for the pins can be removed without damaging it. I believe the release lever lock can be taken apart; I'll have to take a look at the glovebox latch tomorrow to see if that can be done.

Everything is still available. I'll probably stick the two not-so-nice hubcaps in the trash next weekend if nobody wants them.

My take on locks.

I would repin but just one pin.

No one would know the difference.

Except for those on this post.

And who would want to beak in my 12 year old rusty wagon?

But I am just being practical.

-chart-

Received and replied.

Depends on which locks. As far as the Gen I/II goes, I'm pretty sure the door locks can't, since you'd have to basically break parts to get at the wafers. The trunk lock, yes, as long as the little cover for the pins can be removed without damaging it. I believe the release lever lock can be taken apart; I'll have to take a look at the glovebox latch tomorrow to see if that can be done.

I don't know about the Gen 1or Gen 2 glovebox door latches, but Gen 3's certainly can be repined

I am thinking about making a "valet" kit. For Gen 3 and 4 . The the way town cars do. The "modern" valet keys work the door and ignition. But not for the decklid or the glove box. The trunk release switch was keyed to work with the non valet keys, same with glove box. One would need to repin the trunk/g.box, and trunk switch to be a pin or 2 off to not allow the valet key, but also work the doors ignition.

I realize now after writing that, a for-sale thread isn't the place for this discussion .

Sent from my crApple iPad using Tapatalk

Did you post these on TCCA? There's a member with a Gen 1 who may be interested, may not.

Nope, I haven't logged in there in so long I'm not certain I even have a login there anymore.

Everything is still available. I'll probably stick the two not-so-nice hubcaps in the trash next weekend if nobody wants them.

What are the hub caps made of? Are they metal? You could probably scrap them and get the coast of a coffee or Android app.

If you're just going to toss the junky 2, Look if Quaker Stake and lube is around you and takes donations.

For those that don't know, Quaker stake is an awesome automotive theme restaurant.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by thesavo

What are the hub caps made of? Are they metal? You could probably scrap them and get the coast of a coffee or Android app. If you're just going to toss the junky 2, Look if Quaker Stake and lube is around you and takes donations. For those that don't know, Quaker stake is an awesome automotive theme restaurant. Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Nope, they're plastic.

Oddly enough, there was a booth at the State Fair selling hubcap clocks and as I walked by it, I saw one of those same hubcaps. Too bad these are barely nice enough for a car, let alone a clock.

Bump.

Most of this is still available.

Bump.

I know how people dislike "make offer" (I do), so how about this: the gauge cluster is $20, which I will donate to TSOC, plus shipping (which will range from $9 to $12 for most of the U.S.).

Everything else still listed in the first post is still available as well.

Sign in to follow this