Sign in to follow this  
thesavo

Template For Amber Turn Signals

I want to publish this template that I have been working on. As of today this it is still in beta Now @ revision 0.6.

This is a template that can be printed and used to cut out the correct holes necessary for installing [Amber] turn signals into a Gen 4.0 or Gen 4.5 tail lens assembly.

Right now cut out the Red and yellow spaces, leave the black lines enclosing the white space.

ToDo:

• Actually Print on Avery labels
  • cutout an test on scrap.
  • Label White space to leave on work piece.
  • Rotate or Label which way is up.

Please download and try it out. I welcome feed back here or on the cross-post to TCCA.

Edit: since I don't yet have hosting space, Download is hosted on TCCA.

Edited by thesavo

I checked this template shape against mine (already installed about 2 years ago). Seems like a perfect match!

Someday when my ship comes in, I'm going to pay one of you to do this on my car ! (no tools or skill to do it myself !)

I really prefer amber turn signals and fail to understand why Ford eliminated them.

I did this mod as well. I just think amber makes sense! You can see it better in all conditions, and it can't be mistaken for a brake light or running lamp.

I particularly like "Always use caution when handling tools and sharp objects" :P

Luckily the amber turn signal mod is much more easily accomplished in a G3! haha

Swapping the lenses from 96-97 doesn't count. :P

I still have to cut these out ant test on scrap plastic. Anyone else that uses them please let me know of any short-commings.