Sign in to follow this  
breeves002

How To Access Advanced Ford Pids With A Scan Tool

Ford's also confirmed again that they're killing the Falcon, and the Fusion will replace it over there (they're not even getting the Taurus).

Yeah Ford does odd things, oh well!

Fusion and Escape are selling like crazy. I'd love an MKS EcoBoost though....

I use a windows VM. I use ScanXL, OBDWiz, and FORScan for everything. None of them work on mac lol.

I'm looking to use an iPad with OBD II data -- so I'm trying to figure out the parameters of how all this operates. I have a 2004 Taurus, so I think I understand that to mean my vehicle has this extra data that your talking about, which is accessible through this MS-CAN bus network. Now the question here - is this extra data only something that Ford technicians use, or are they standard codes for all vehicles?

I think I understand that the OBD II codes are pretty standard and useable across many different vehicles, but it seems like this other data is proprietary to just Ford vehicles (if I understand this right).

SO ... If so, then I would have to get some kind of "reader" that would plug into the port and be able to detect that MS-CAN bus data, and pass it along -- and then -- find the right software that can actually "understand" this particular data and give the right "interpretation" to it (for human consumption).

Is that about it, or am I misunderstanding this?

There are a few that work for iPad. The GoPoint Tech BT1 is the best I've found. it is a bit pricy though.

None that work for iPad can read MSCAN data that I know of. 2004 Taurus does not have an MS CAN bus but does have HS CAN.

^+1, on the BT1, Sam convinced me to get it and I couldn't be happier. Set up is easy and it works great.

I own an old ford NGS and figured i'd mention that 1996+ cars OBD-II EEC-V support the same self test modes and extra body DTC's. The trick is getting at them without an NGS...

Just to clarify the, is this meant for CAN-Bus?

2004 and newer?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2