Wear Your Seat Belts!

I hate to bring up a morbid topic, but I think we all need to be reminded sometimes how important seat belts are.

First of all, no offense here but Russian people for the most part seem to be terrible drivers. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but most stink. They drive too fast, and make silly mistakes. Seems to me 80% of their accidents are avoidable.

Fast forwards to 2 minutes and 29 seconds in this video. Watch the few seconds of that car crash. Then rewind back to 2:29 and watch it again, this time pausing when the accident happens and unpausing and pausing again. You should notice 2 people come flying out of the car on the left. 99% chance that they died. With their seat belts this wouldn't have happened. Side curtain airbags help keep people from flying out of the side of the car but won't stop them from flying out of the windshield. YOU MUST WEAR A SEATBELT!

I'm sure not everyone will heed the warning, but it's amazing how many lives are saved by modern car technology but how many lives are lost because people are ejected from the car for not wearing their seat belts. Please please please people wear your seatbelt! I can't stress it enough!!!!! Those of you saying you don't wear it because you're more likely to die with it on........ no offense, but thats just ridiculous. There are VERY few cases where that is the case. You have a much higher chance of living if you are not ejected from the vehicle in an accident. When you are ejected your chance of death is almost certain.

Anyone feel free to comment. There are tons more videos with examples...

Edited by breeves002
  • Like 1

Another one...

Notice the two poor children. You need to be sure everyone in your car is wearing their seatbelt.

You see one child fly off camera after hitting the white van. Likely died instantly. The other one is on the ground and is likely severely injured.

Edited by breeves002

I know, I've watched hours of those videos hahahahaha.

I haven't watched hours, but I do have a morbid curiosity for crash videos. They can be planes, cars, boats, anything that crashes really.

Oh yeah, do wear your seatbelts, and bikers pease wear your helmets. ( public service announcements are cool)

Lol, was watching the Russian videos last night and saw that one where the two people were ejected and thought how awful it was lol. Just needed to remind everyone how important seat belts are!

Sorry to keep adding... I'm in a morbid mood lol.

Here is why you don't get out of your car when you are stopped on the highway for an accident or whatever, ESPECIALLY before the police arrive. Even when they do, get off the highway as soon as possible!

Go to 0:35 in this video... it is graphic, no blood, but you see people go flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMsrzya1CE

And another... 4:30... you can see the stupid lady's thong too lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgrU8ae_kbo

I gotta stop posting these...

7:39.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV6u2b9lbtA

Edited by breeves002

Well at least some of the most terrible drivers in the US are better than the average driver in the USSR oh wait sorry Russia. No one follows basic traffic laws like stopping at red lights or stop signs. Some of those winter videos are so stupid too, what the hell are you doing passing multiple cars in a snow storm, I will rarely even pass 1 car in a snow storm when I am driving in the UP. Its just way to risky, way too much can go wrong.

My god, how about 3:38? I mean, it's a motorcycle so the whole "wear your seat belt" thing doesn't really apply, but dayum...

My god, how about 3:38? I mean, it's a motorcycle so the whole "wear your seat belt" thing doesn't really apply, but dayum...

Yeah, some people are stupid on motorcycles. I'm stupid in a car. So stupid in a car = crash and probably alive. Stupid in a motorcycle = almost certain death.

Edited by breeves002

Old guy I know, not quite my age but close, overweight and out of shape, riding with another older driver in mini-van and the driver fell asleep on the interstate, over the bank and it rolled over and over. All glass gone, sliding door gone, rear seat outside the vehicle.

Two of them haning upside down in their seat belts. Passers by stopped and held them to unhook the belts and got them out. Guy I know went to the hospital for observations but was OK.

They work.

-chart-

• 4 months later...

Mike Hamar: "The quality of your choices is determined by the caliber of your alternatives."

Red Green: "That's why they sell more Ladas in Russia than they do over here."

• 1 year later...

Time to add some new videos.

АВТО ВИДЕО (Auto Video)
This is a the second anniversary collection of close calls. Having driven in Russia, it is not quite as bad as the video makes out. If you had sound as well as video, the guys going through the red lights would be heard with their characteristic police "bee-bah" horn (rich guys install these horns and then drive as if they were the police.)

• Like 1