Grandpa Packs The Heat

Very intoxicated old man arrives to the ambulance bay in the back of a pickup. Story goes he fell face first while getting out of a car. He had some serious injuries. While performing his X-rays, I found a surprise. A typical night by all accounts.

8748613579_e112aeae5f_b.jpg

Do that s**t up here, you'll go to jail :lol:

Do that s**t up here, you'll go to jail :lol:

If the Illinois state government can't make up its mind in less than 30 days you will be able to carry legally. Constitutional Carry will be in effect since the state will have no constitutional gun laws. You won't need a permit to carry a gun.

His loaded handgun was in a small velvet pouch, similar to the ones on Crown Royal bottles. Since he arrived in a pickup instead of by EMS, he had not been throroughly examined prior to X-ray. His injuries were significant. The people who brought him also reeked of alcohol. I secured the pistol, then turned it over to security. The patient was transferred to another facility. Security returned the pistol to a sober family member.

I've never felt a need to carry a firearm, but more and more I'm consdering a concealed carry permit. Obviously I could not carry it at work, but when I'm out and about, who knows? Crime is on the rise. There have been a number of home invasions and burglaries in broad daylight recently. I was at the gas station the other day next to my house when a meth head started talking s**t and punched another man pumping gas, for no reason. The victim did not know the assailant and had only looked at the idiot. A second man walked over and was attacked, but he was much larger and knocked out the meth head with two blows. Cops and EMS arrive, and took the asshole to the ER to be checked out before going to jail. My tax dollars at work.

• Like 1

You won't need a permit to carry a gun.

As much as I love guns, that scares me too. They need to find out who is owning these guns, and if they are up to par with the responsibility of carrying a firearm.

• Like 1

Yet there are so many mouthbreathing idiots out there who insist that they must carry a gun into schools, churches, bars, etc with no training or responsibility attached to it... :rolleyes:

I've got an arsenal for home defense, just incase.

Out in public I do not feel the need to carry anything. I've taken years of martial arts as well so I worry even less.

I've got an arsenal for home defense, just incase.

Out in public I do not feel the need to carry anything. I've taken years of martial arts as well so I worry even less.

No offense, but if your five to six feet away from a person with a gun, martial arts isn't going to do jack.