Sign in to follow this  
-chart-

Junk Yard

Saturday Special

I plan to take them on on that.

-chart-

Wow thats awesome! I would totally go and get a bunch of stuff if mine ever did that.

Ecology auto wrecking in the Phoenix and California yards do that every now and then. Also 50% off if you visit the yard when it's raining. :)

• Like 1

AMEN!

Ecology auto wrecking in the Phoenix and California yards do that every now and then. Also 50% off if you visit the yard when it's raining. :)

I wish the yards here did that!

Hey Chart, be sure to fill your basket!

Edited by Rusty

I wish the yards here did that!

Hey Chart, be sure to fill your basket!

You mean fill every nook and cranny!

Don't forget to hide a alternator in a air cleaner box and stick a bunch of speakers to the bottom of a wheelbarrow.

Don't forget to hide a alternator in a air cleaner box and stick a bunch of speakers to the bottom of a wheelbarrow.

I do stuff like that all the time lol.

I love the winter because I wear big puffy costs and put a bunch of stuff in it.

One junkyard I go to wont check my toolbox if I buy something and I just fill it up....

The same one is full of idiots. I bought a gem/CJB and just said its a fuse box with no wiring. Sunload sensor as a relay (they did that), and some other stupid stuff...

My friend hid an abs module under his coat.... Fixed my ABS light on the 2000 too! I have never thought of speakers to the bottom of the wheelbarrow though! Good idea!!

Half price SAT!

HLright2_zps693be188.jpg

$12 today headlamps.

Dropped by and scouted it out yesterday, hid it real well, very near the office.

Also got a trunk lid liner for the Sable Sedan. Some have it, some do not. I do not know why. Mind did not. It will have soon, hosed off and out to sun dry.

The headlight is not cleaned, just as found. Shame only one on this car. I would have taken the left even though I do not need it.

-chart-

Project done.

Looks nice.

Nothing like clear HL to make a car look maintained with pride.

JYHL13_zps5dfbf354.jpg

Pulled the bulbs from the existing HL. Both replaced when I bought the car. My plan new bulbs when buying used, or when it reaches 100K, which ever happens first. Far less chance of on the road failure. Just my op.

Will aligh after dark. Looks fine on the garage door, but sunny outside.

-chart-

• Like 1

Gosh I'd love to peruse these junkyards where cars are actually set out in a way where they're not trashed. It's so clean compared to what I've seen.

Gosh I'd love to peruse these junkyards where cars are actually set out in a way where they're not trashed. It's so clean compared to what I've seen.

The yard in Phoenix I went to was nicely organized. They had a ton of Tauruses.

But everything was organized by brand, at least for the domestics. Then they had a section dedicated to 'imports' (which also included Jaguar and such).

The yard in Phoenix I went to was nicely organized. They had a ton of Tauruses.

But everything was organized by brand, at least for the domestics. Then they had a section dedicated to 'imports' (which also included Jaguar and such).

That's how the yard here is too. It's just a mess, though. Crap everywhere, no one respects the cars for the next people who need something. Saw a Lincoln Conti with decent leather and a leather wrapped shift knob and someone just tossed the seats on the ground in a puddle of mud.

That's how the yard here is too. It's just a mess, though. Crap everywhere, no one respects the cars for the next people who need something. Saw a Lincoln Conti with decent leather and a leather wrapped shift knob and someone just tossed the seats on the ground in a puddle of mud.

Things were okay at this yard. But all the cars are up on stilts-no wheels on any of them. The only floor-shift Continental they had had nice leather seats, but between the AZ heat and the fact that the drivers door was open, the car was both filled with dirt (digi-dash was completely covered over) and the drivers seat had split right at the Lincoln logo.

Shifter knob was fine, though.

It's just sad and a shame some of the cars that end up at the yard. I saw a G3 SE: chrome rims, Mach, spoiler, leather, center shifter, EATC, sunroof, Duratec. Toast at ~203k.

It's just sad and a shame some of the cars that end up at the yard. I saw a G3 SE: chrome rims, Mach, spoiler, leather, center shifter, EATC, sunroof, Duratec. Toast at ~203k.

Some must perish that others might live.

My Sables live due to the donations of other less fortunate cars.

It is recycling.

Just my take.

-chart-

Some must perish that others might live.

My Sables live due to the donations of other less fortunate cars.

It is recycling.

Just my take.

-chart-

That is very true. It just goes back to the yard though, that people should respect the cars they take from so others might find nicer parts. Needlessly trashing cars boils my blood.

That is very true. It just goes back to the yard though, that people should respect the cars they take from so others might find nicer parts. Needlessly trashing cars boils my blood.

I am sure their business is tough to manage. I just noticed last time I had the tire and wheel I got last year, they put their paint marker on the tire and wheel, aligned.

So likely someone bought one, switched the tire and tried to return it. duhhhhh!

All kinds of people take stuff. Ours does a nice job. They weld steel wheels together to make rugged stands. Even got a porta-john handy. Wheel barrows in a leanto so they stay dry. Redid the doors so they push open.

-chart-

JY Sat, 25% off day. Spare antenna for the wagon, it works but makes lots of noise. I checked this JY unit out with a power supply and it works fine. Anyone needing the wiring diag to test one let me know. It is strange. Antenna is shut off during cranking along with the RCU!

Spare cap for the Lin, better emblem and trim than what is on my Lin. 4 screws.

Total, $10.56. About an hour home to home.

-chart-

post-1834-0-23696000-1443399760_thumb.jp