What to do when the alarm system goes off randomly? I have done some research and no real help. It goes off in the driveway and no wind or vandals. The alarm can be shut off ok, but it just keeps going day or night. Please help.......

The batteries are ok occurring too the auto store.

Edited by broneyohn

Is the battery in your keyless entry remote dying? My grandpa had a car where whenever the batteries started to die the remote would pop the trunk....

What to do when the alarm system goes off randomly? I have done some research and no real help. It goes off in the driveway and no wind or vandals. The alarm can be shut off ok, but it just keeps going day or night. Please help.

If any door switch, hood switch, trunk switch makes/breaks it sets the alram off.

My Lin Cont does that only in the dirve at night. I suspect my trunk. I closed it one day and it set the alarm off.

I just lock it, then unlock the driver's door, then lock that door with the key and the alarm is not set.

Only when in my drive. If it is in Lowes parking lot, let it beep.

-chart-

Using the inside lock button should not arm the system. The key fob will.

Using the inside lock button should not arm the system. The key fob will.

And at least in the Lin, the key in the keyhole does not arm the system.

But now, it the system is armed, and you unlock with the key, does the system know not to alram?

No idea here!

-chart-

Actually with the Gen 4 Taurus the system is armed at all times when you lock the car. Including using the inside button, the keypad, or the remote keypad. Not sure about physically turning the key though. That may not arm it. I never tried that one.

I know for a fact on my 2000 when I locked my keys in my car I hit the inside lock button. When the guy came and unlocked it by prying the door away from the frame and unlocked it by pulling the door pull, the alarm went off when I opened the door.

Edited by breeves002

Check your door ajar switches, my 2002 explorer did the exact same thing that you are discribing, middle of the night and the alarm would go off. The ajar switch would pop open/closed thinking that the door was opened with out unlocking the door properly, setting the alarm off. Could be trunk, hood, or any of the 4 doors. (Some ford cars do have sensors on the hood, easy way to check is to leave the hood open and lock the car, if you get 2 honks, then the hood is part of the system.)

I have the same problem, as a quicky solution (until you fix it yourself or take it into the dealer), what I do is just lock the driver side door manually. As in push the lock down with your finger, it doesn't set the alarm... it's been working for me for the past year almost. (Poor college student=no money to get it fixed yet, LOL)

Hope this helps as a temporary solution... ;)

Edited by Vibrant White SEL
  • 1 month later...

+ 1to bullgeek's suggestion.

You could also disable the alarm by adding a ground wire to the module by the brake.

I have a the pin if you want.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2