Is There A High Milage Club Yet?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A momentous day for the '02 Bull:

220,555 on the Blue Bull now. Still original engine & tranny.

Mine's not exactly what I'd call high mileage but I come from a Nash/Rambler/Volvo/Saab family and Dad almost always had at least one car over 200,000 miles. My Taurus was bought with 74,000 miles on

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I just rolled over 245000kms last week which works out to 152235 miles.

Original powertrain and exhaust system. I had to have a muffler shop screw the heat shield over the catalytic converter back on as all the bolts had rusted and it was laying on the pipe. The mechanic lamented that it still had the original exhaust and that he doesn't get as much business as he used too lol.

I just rolled over 245000kms last week which works out to 152235 miles.

Original powertrain and exhaust system. I had to have a muffler shop screw the heat shield over the catalytic converter back on as all the bolts had rusted and it was laying on the pipe. The mechanic lamented that it still had the original exhaust and that he doesn't get as much business as he used too lol.

My fix for heat shield is couple or 3 hose clamps, one hooked to the next to get length and wrap it around and clamp it up. Last forever.

-chart-

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, New Member here!

I have a 95 Sable LS Wagon with the 3.8L motor. 169,300 miles with tranny rebuilt at 153,000. Nice clean California car temporarily exiled (with me) to Illinois. 

Pic to follow if it ever stops snowing here!

Welcome!!! Can't wait to see the wagon!!! I have a 95 Taurus LX wagon with the 3.8L. They're twins! :P

2005 Taurus SEL, Vulcan engine, AX4N transmission. Had the transmission rebuilt and timing cover replaced. But looking at 122,000miles. I bought it about 18 months ago with approx 75,000miles on it for $11,000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine's not exactly what I'd call high mileage but I come from a Nash/Rambler/Volvo/Saab family and Dad almost always had at least one car over 200,000 miles. My Taurus was bought with 74,000 miles on it in December 1997....has 185,000 miles on it now....it still runs well with the original drivetrain and exhaust system. Transmission was rebuilt, DAACO-style, six years ago at 168,000 miles; otherwise all is as it was when it left the factory. BullGeek can testify for its roadworthiness - I just drove up to Blythewood last month to pick up some parts from him. It's a real honey of a highway cruiser now, what with the power driver's seat!

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

100,000 miles on my 2005 Taurus SEL. :D

MilesWagon_zps682547c2.jpg

Been there, done that.

Other 2 127K and 131K.

But then that is not HIGH, just the big one.

And in a few days, I will be 75, 3/4th of the way there. :pat:

-chart-

-

100,000 miles on my 2005 Taurus SEL. :D

Pics or it never happened :lol:

MilesWagon_zps682547c2.jpg

Been there, done that.

Other 2 127K and 131K.

But then that is not HIGH, just the big one.

And in a few days, I will be 75, 3/4th of the way there. :pat:

-chart-

Did you add that silver bezel or did it come with the car?

-

I am new to this group and am so excited! 

I have roughly 176,800 miles on my 2001 Mercury Sable. Original DOHC engine and original trans. I received it September '13 at around 150,000 miles.