Sign in to follow this  
TaurusDailyDriver

Carlisle Ford Nationals June 7-9, 2013

He found the V8 SHO wagon....

Did someone buy it and fix it fast? Because that thing wasn't in show worthy shape...that headliner made me shake my head.

Pictures, pictures. Especially the SHO wagons (I wonder why). Show quality is relative. The SVT-WGN beat out another much more beautiful wagon called the Coswagon (see below).

30uttoz.jpg

SVT-WGN had stone chips and a crack in the windshield while the Coswagon was flawless. Yet, to quote the judges: "We awarded best wagon to the owners who did all the work themselves, out in East Armpit Saskatchewan, and then had the confidence in their handiwork to drive it halfway across the continent to display their work at this show."

2ec0v34.jpg

Our main reason to attend the Carlisle Ford Nationals was to show doubting Thomases what we did and how we did it. We also attended to get further ideas we could use, and we attended to be able to swap/buy parts unavailable cheap where we live. If you did the work yourself, I maintain you have nothing to be ashamed of in entering your car. If you paid someone to "pimp your ride", at least drive it to the show - show the bug smears. Cars are meant to be driven.

33z3393.jpg

That grey wagon is really cool but, the front end needs to be totally redone.

Thank you. Did you mean clean the bugs off or install the SVT bumper and fog lights (like on the Coswagon)? You have to remember this is a daily driver. Actually we do have an SVT front bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler. These pieces have to be fit into place and painted. Right now we are still debugging small issues on the drive train (traction control and ABS.) The interior is now original SVT seats including the instrument panel, short shifter and leather buckets. All that is left is to install a sound/navigation system.

"Cars are meant to be driven."

Couldn't agree more ! What's the point of having a beautiful car that just sits in your garage ?

I didn't get there until Sunday morning. Mostly Mustangs left at that point. But I did get to meet Paul (Daily Taurus Driver) and his friend Josh.

Next year I'll get there on Saturday.

So.... where are the pictures from the OP?! :huh:

• Like 1

Did his car turn into rust dust? Where is Paul??? :)

• Like 1

Thank you. Did you mean clean the bugs off or install the SVT bumper and fog lights (like on the Coswagon)? You have to remember this is a daily driver. Actually we do have an SVT front bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler. These pieces have to be fit into place and painted. Right now we are still debugging small issues on the drive train (traction control and ABS.) The interior is now original SVT seats including the instrument panel, short shifter and leather buckets. All that is left is to install a sound/navigation system.

Oh sorry. I just meant the bugs.

does this event go on every year? and can you camp there?

does this event go on every year? and can you camp there?

Yes and yes.

I really wanted to go but gas was too prohibitive. I'm on a super tight budget and gas is my biggest expense. I'm trying to cut back.

lucky if gas was my highest expense i'd be rich :(

Yeah, I have a 5 mile daily round trip commute so the cost for gas is not too severe. But mortgage, HOA, and utilities are the top expenses for me...

I am here!!! My car didn't turn to dust... actually all visible rust is gone! :)

I have pictures but I don't have a decent photo uploading account. I don't really want to use tinypic for every photo. I'll figure out something.

• Like 1

I am here!!! My car didn't turn to dust... actually all visible rust is gone! :)

I have pictures but I don't have a decent photo uploading account. I don't really want to use tinypic for every photo. I'll figure out something.

Photobucket ;)

I didn't take one single pic... I know, shame on me...

Would be nice to get more of us there next year. I know how expensive it is to get to these events. It's a shame we have to put housing and fuel and utilities ahead of our cars !

Paul's car looks great. Mine was over in a parking lot, sulking.

Damn i feel bad, I missed this one. But next i might be bringing two rides.

Hmm, Kevin? Do you see that? A 95 Taurus wagon with a Yamahammer... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Looks like the silver Generation 3 may have a SHO V8 as well as the Yamaha V6 in the Generation 2 two tone blue wagon. More, more and details.

Mmmmmm, SHOwagons. :wub:

Those should deliver a nice surprise to some ricer punk.

Mmmmmm, SHOwagons. :wub:

Those should deliver a nice surprise to some ricer punk.

Wouldn't that be the greatest, though?! Get my grandma to drive me somewhere in the SHOwagon (debaged) and blow the socks off some punks in a fart-can Civic haha

• Like 2

With an AARP decal in the backlight. :D

• Like 3