Sign in to follow this  
Brian_05_SEL

W T B: 1986-1995 Sable Sedan Trunk Carpeting

b5d1652e4ece608b3cffb59ba14e96f1_zps82a1bade.jpg

I'm relatively sure that compatibility in this case covers all Gen 1 Sable 4-doors. ^^ This is what I would need to replace- just looking to see if a salvageable, non-moldy carpet can be sourced from a junkyard car before I go ahead with the alternate option of buying a brand-new "universal" trunk mat. It comes attached to a black posterboard-like cover that fits behind the rear seat and parcel shelf, and obviously has a cutout for the spare tire well. The (likely low) cost to take it from a junkyard plus the applicable shipping cost to ZIP 60107 are not a problem.

Come to think of it, this car might present a good option... Double-Negative. ;)

IMG_7615_zpsebdecbc6.jpg

Just wash the mold away :P

It's already been thrown away, as you know. I am not cleaning up mold spores.

I've done it. It ain't that hard :P

RIP carpets :(

Come to think of it, this car might present a good option... Double-Negative. ;)

IMG_7615_zpsebdecbc6.jpg

You talkin' to me? I'll see what I got. It might be black not red. It might say Avalon if that's okay. :)

You got that 89 Sable's trunk carpet stashed away someplace? :P

Confirmed that the trunk floor carpet from a Gen 2 Sable sedan will also fit. If you can grab the flat mini-spare cover piece as well, I may want that too.

Every Pull A Part I've been to 75-80% of the cars had their trunks open to the elements. I'm not sure any of those would be less moldy than what you have. I would think you could get one custom made relatively inexpensive, but probably not nearly as inexpensive as finding a good used one. I hope to get to go to Memphis soon. If you don't find one before then I'll see what I can find for you there. They usually have a few gen 1 and several gen 2 Sables in the yard. Does Taurus use the same liner? Figured they might all use the same...

Jeff

The Taurus does not have a matching trunk liner, sadly.