• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its all that spirited driving that the car wasnt designed for thats done it, Breeves. Better start driving like a grandpa now or youll be paying out the *%# in repairs later....lol Jeff

I don't think the warranty covers driver abuse...

Posted Images

Popping at low speed turns. 

Edit: Sounds like its in the lower parts of the front end. 

Sounds like bad CV joints to me. Either that or ball joints but those would make noise all the time just like endlinks. Maybe the autocrossing took its toll.

Edit: Even if the boots are good I imagine it would be possible to damage the joint inside causing the noise. I know my '01 was starting to exhibit the same symptoms before I traded it.

Never did autocross with it. I think another Youtube video is in works for tomorrow!! And when my Father had the front wheels off the ground and shook them nothing moved. 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78

Low speed turning causes a grinding type noise = cv axle. How is your steering? If the car wanders around a little it could possibly be inner tierod.

Edited by mh488

I was thinking it was the strut after seeing how the rears looked. Taurus are known for breaking the coil spring in odd places and sometimes you can't look up and see the break.

I was thinking it was the strut after seeing how the rears looked. Taurus are known for breaking the coil spring in odd places and sometimes you can't look up and see the break.

On front only place I have heard of is this.

SpringBroke_zpsb1ec1060.jpg

U can reach over the tire and run your finger over the bottom turn of the coil and feel it. Broken piece stays in place in the rubber isolator. But a second break is on the way and it will not stay put.

-chart-

It could be front sway bar links but those will pop over bumps when going straight too. If it doesn't happen going straight its not likely them.

Yep. Thankfully I could see the tear in the boot on mine, made it easier to get a pretty sure diagnosis.

Put a pry bar between the the knuckle and lower control arm.  Make sure there's no up/down movement from the ball joint.

My 2000 has some kind of issue with one of the junkyard axles.  Don't care enough to deal with it now.

Did that the other day and found no cracks.

MINE HAD ZERO CRACKS AND STILL WENT BAD!

If you can't figure its anything else figure out what side its on and replace it. It will need it eventually anyways!