• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its all that spirited driving that the car wasnt designed for thats done it, Breeves. Better start driving like a grandpa now or youll be paying out the *%# in repairs later....lol Jeff

I don't think the warranty covers driver abuse...

Posted Images

Passenger side strut bearing is making noise. Time to get that replaced. An accessory is squeaking on cold morning start too. WARRANTY! Yeah I'm willing to admit it... This car is giving me more issues than I would have hoped for...

Passenger side strut bearing is making noise. Time to get that replaced. An accessory is squeaking on cold morning start too. WARRANTY! Yeah I'm willing to admit it... This car is giving me more issues than I would have hoped for...

Tell me about it, that's why I decided to just get rid of the Focus. Nothing but a pain in the ass. Sure it was a Job 1 Vehicle... But... Come on... Allegedly the powertrain has been proven in Europe, so I figured I ought to be safe of major bugs/issues. Wrong. WRONG! Even with all the s**t I've been dealing with on my station wagon, overall it's still better than that s**t bucket 2012 Focus :lol:

Then all the issues I've had with my 2007 Econoline 250, I just am not convinced anymore with newer Fords. They are built to be disposable. Hard as hell to service compared to older Fords I've serviced. Sure, most newer cars are the same way, but the way Ford treated me, I just have a nasty taste in my mouth. I'll stay with older Fords for now. Ford won't make any more money off them and personally, I think they hate seeing them on the road still, since it means I am not buying a newer one :P

I'm with Nick, I'll stay with the D186/DN101, Panthers, or I will always be loyal to the MN-12's too. :)

I admit I did like the Focus too, but I didn't like it enough to deal with the warranty left and right. Really I want a warranty to prevent me from dealing with major powertrain issues, which they failed to address in a proper fashion.

From what I hear, Job 2 and 2013's had the issues I had resolved, but still no excuse not to address my concerns and fix them properly.

I am sure if I went to a dealership outside of the Chicagoland area, it could have been resolved. Dealers around here are just too damned busy to address major concerns. They want simple oil, lube, and tire jobs. Maybe a minor fix like suspension or a sensor change, but having to pull the engine and transmission, I don't think they really want to, and will try to weasel their ways out of doing the job.

It is, it hurts customer loyalty. Which is why, I am done with Stealers. I'd rather just use Craigslist or similar, and get a used car, bypass the middle man and get a better deal!

The problem with Kevin's car is that it was the first year that the new body style Focus was introduced.  Ford is notorious for bad first year models, and I'm never going to buy one again after my current experience.

SES light came on. I was hoping I just forgot to plug a sensor back in after having the intake tube off. No such luck, ugh

So, rear washer fluid finally unfroze. Took it long enough!!! Now to try to siphon it all out, or pump it all out. :P

I am shopping for a suspension overhaul for my bull. Also looking at replacing all of the hoses, coolant and air. The old Vulcan runs great and the body is rust free. Also starting to collect replacement parts such as fuel pump, alternator, power steering pump, timing chain, and cover with gasket. My 96 is at 127k miles and she needs some love to be at her best.