Sign in to follow this  
The White Falcon

Wtb: Leather Wrapped Shift Knob.

I'm looking for a leather wrapped shift knob for the Taurus. I'd prefer a G3 SHO knob, but I'll deal with a Lincoln shifter.

As long as the ones with an O/D Off button are compatible, I'll take it.

Send me pics and offers, please!

I'm off work tomorrow and got pick up some stuff from the 'yard'. I'll see what I can find.

If nothing else crops up, i will sell you the one out of my SHO, as i wont be needing an OD off switch on my knob anymore...

(secret in progress)

Price we can talk about, and ill take pics and they will be up on monday.

message me if your interested!

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

You will need a 2000-2001 chrome shift button. 02+ shift button that sits inside an insert on the newer gen 4 shifter handles is smaller and has a different plastic tab on the end.

You can also use a Continental shifter.

Found one out of '98 Continental. Black leather, chrome button and chrome stalk. Will post pics soon. No OD button.

contishifter2_zps67f1745c.jpg

contishifter_zps40a374c4.jpg

Photobucket automatically assumes I wanted this picture upside down.

Edited by double--negative

Wow that looks good !!!!

That there's a nice shift knob! I'd have gone with something like that if I hadn't already gotten the wood grain.

That's the only one in the whole yard at the time. Will keep a look out.

Oh dear, I've started a run on Continental shifters!

You know...if you mounted that thing on a steel pole, that would make one sweet cane!

• Like 1

Most Conti's are column shift. It is hard to find one, let alone a GOOD one. Some have interior colored leather and not black.

-Like this one-

dashgen3_zps05e44a41.jpg

Most Conti's are column shift. It is hard to find one, let alone a GOOD one. Some have interior colored leather and not black.

-Like this one-

dashgen3_zps05e44a41.jpg

I would disagree.

I looked for a used Cont for three months online. We needed a column shift as my wife had surgery on her right hand, fusing bones in her thumb.

Had to rule out console cars. Really limited our choices.

Mabye 80-20 console over column in the '00-'02 years.

I did not keep score, but it seemed that way.

Just my experience.

-chart-

I would disagree.

I looked for a used Cont for three months online. We needed a column shift as my wife had surgery on her right hand, fusing bones in her thumb.

Had to rule out console cars. Really limited our choices.

Maybe 80-20 console over column in the '00-'02 years.

I did not keep score, but it seemed that way.

Just my experience.

-chart-

I guess I see the Continentals as the two (or three) 90's body styles but don't think much about all the changes besides the early ones had Essex mills and the newer ones had Intechs. I was thinking of the early ones with column shift -never seen floor shift models. The '97 - up seems to have more floor shifters like you said.

I guess I see the Continentals as the two (or three) 90's body styles but don't think much about all the changes besides the early ones had Essex mills and the newer ones had Intechs. I was thinking of the early ones with column shift -never seen floor shift models. The '97 - up seems to have more floor shifters like you said.

OK on the older ones. I had '91 and '93 both bought low miles one year old used and at the time I do not remember a console in any.

With Gen-2 '96-02 this became much more common. See pic.

My wife has had the bones fused in her right hand thumb so console shifting with the button on the side is a pain. Really.

And my '01 Sable wagon is column so change is not good for old coot like me.

I get confused when I drive my '03 Sable which has the console shift and back and forth with the '01.

Makes me feel silly when I grab for the shifter and grab air.

And on personal note, off for ~300 mile day in the Lin tomorrow. Keep the snow down SOUTH of NY.

-chart-

And my '01 Sable wagon is column so change is not good for old coot like me.

I get confused when I drive my '03 Sable which has the console shift and back and forth with the '01

i know that feeling. my dad's truck is a stick and when i drove it to work during a snowstorm i forgot to shift into second for a minute because im so used to driving lazymatic LOL