Taurinterceptor

Bye Bye Gen 4 "tori" Hello "dart" 97 Sho

IMG_20130222_191045.jpg

Last week I traded my gen 4 taurus for a SHO that runs and was sitting. After online checking on it I found out that the cams was welded and the trans rebuilt. The guy I traded my gen 4 did not know he just flip cars. I had to get the brakes driving it home to work it. I have to do a tune up on it this weekend at the shop. cleaned the bee hives in the mirrors and fixed the door panels. I have to add mufflers back on it kind of head tuning while driving. I will keep up the updates on this page.

??? What the hell did I miss? What happened to the G4?

My gen 4 was 184,000 miles and start acting odd. The sho is 136,000 miles everything works. Just had webs, hives, and dirt to clean off.

Ah, gotcha. Nice new arrival.

Wow are those tinted headlights or covers?

Looks great, I wanna see more of her!

A black G3 SHO is one of my dream cars. <3

Those are the headlights smoked. I found some sylvania headlight off of a sho at a yard. The HID keep messing up so I removed them. The sho at the yard has foglights holes drilled added on the lower valance. I will be grabbing that and the foglight switch that is in it.

nice lookin car! too bad i just threw my rear seat from my 02..... oh well just another junkyard trip huh.

Nice catch. If you find yourself needing V8 SHO parts, I'm looking to sell off some of mine.

Heading off to the yard to grab the lower bumper part with the fog lights, wiring, and flowmasters. Time to suit up.

flowmasters 20 bucks welded up. bought a basic antenna to find out it was once powered...errr..back to the yard. still gotta get them foglights.

I wanna see moar pics of this girl. :)

Nice SHO Glad to see another Gen3 SHO in the club!

Gotta grab the o2 sensors and camshaft sensor sunday. The junkyard sho has a good motor...tranny went.

.... The junkyard sho has a good motor...tranny went.

There's a shocker...

Grab the whole engine if you can. You may thank me later.

Well I found out none of the o2 sensors was bad. It was the cam sensor wire a mouse ate it. I changed it no check engine light runs better. Checking on a speedo issue dropping.

Well I found out none of the o2 sensors was bad. It was the cam sensor wire a mouse ate it. I changed it no check engine light runs better. Checking on a speedo issue dropping.

Good to inspect under hood often. Mice are always on the look for copper wire insulation. They eat through the insulation and chew on the copper. Se pic. No harm but close. Bare wires exposed.

Had daughter G3 Taurus mice got inside, likely through open window while in garage, and nested in the heater plenum. One mice died.

I got the job of fixin that. :puke:

I'll spare you the details.

-chart-

Its starting to get warm this weekend I have to check the struts, abs wires, engine wires while tackling the rear spark plugs, and interior stuff.

Its starting to get warm this weekend I have to check the struts, abs wires, engine wires while tackling the rear spark plugs, and interior stuff.

"warm" ?

That is relative for your part of US.

Here in NY State, predicted to break 40 by week end.

If it is sunny one of those days, and light wind, I may hit the Pick a Part and look for a driver's seat for my wagon.

Before the Spring crowd arrives.

Removing a seat in cold weather is not old coots do if I can avoid it.

Tricky since mine has pedal switch in the seat base while my '03 has it on the dash. Also side impact air bags.

-chart-

The rocker panel where the trim is gone by rust but the side skirts are there I just want to use sheet metal and patch it. Any ideers? I post pictures once I get home from work.

Updated picture coming soon. I didnt know this used to be v8spdsho car. 20130609_154140_zps598a7f47.jpg at dooleys in roseville mi

20130617_134400_zpseb351856.jpg repair the old ballast on the hid lights.

more later.

Cool find! Glad to see another V8 SHO getting a new lease on life.