Sign in to follow this  
Duke Of Dirge

Searching For A Leather/cloth Drivers Seat

To make a long story short I have just traded my Bronco for a black 2001 Ford Taurus it's a great car. The interior I didn’t really like all grey bland seats so I went to the local junk yard and picked up some really nice seats out of a Sable. Here is where my trouble begins I removed the rear and the passenger seat with no problem but the driver’s seat was powered so I needed to go get a jumper box to move it to get the last bolt out. On my return to the junk yard they crushed the car even though they knew I was coming back for the last seat. They told me they give the man in the back free rain over there junk yard to crush what he wants and it's not there problem they will not give my money back for the other seats.

Basically I need a driver seat that’s leather/cloth black and grey like the one in the photo any help would be great.

5y530h.jpg[/img]

Edited by Duke Of Dirge

Wouldn't be going back there again. Welcome to the :tsoc: hopefully, somebody on here has what you are looking for. This post makes me want to snag all the good seats (rare to find any) I see and bring them home

Edited by Rusty

Ah man...that's not good. You have the rarest set of seats ever made for the 4th Gens. Only found for 2 years in 2000-2001 Mercury Sables. In LS (not LS Premium form) with the dark charcoal/black interior. Good luck, I've only seen them once in person before, in double-negative's yard in Knoxville over a year ago. Luckily up north, black interiors were more common, so you may luck out.

• Like 1

To make a long story short I have just traded my Bronco for a black 2001 Ford Taurus it's a great car. The interior I didn’t really like all grey bland seats so I went to the local junk yard and picked up some really nice seats out of a Sable. Here is where my trouble begins I removed the rear and the passenger seat with no problem but the driver’s seat was powered so I needed to go get a jumper box to move it to get the last bolt out. On my return to the junk yard they crushed the car even though they knew I was coming back for the last seat. They told me they give the man in the back free rain over there junk yard to crush what he wants and it's not there problem they will not give my money back for the other seats.

Basically I need a driver seat that’s leather/cloth black and grey like the one in the photo any help would be great.

a>

Search for another source of "do it yourself JY"

I am 5 miles from local here in upstate NY and they charge $32 including tax.

I was there couple weeks ago and failed to get the full printout. My mistake.

Got only Sables (not Tautus) but the printout had 10 Gen 4 Sables listed.

Likely twice that many Taurus.

Wind picked up, my ears got cold, and I got what I came for quickly and left.

I will be back when the weather breaks but I may look for replacement for my '01 LS Prem gray leather drivers.

I do not care to be in JY with ground frozen, ice on the ground, and they have Ford in row 1,2,3.

Far away from the office.

http://horseheadspickapart.com/

Not handy for you but there are others in your area I am sure.

I useda jumper battery and had to hot wire the seat base I got for my pervious Lin Cont as you could not get to the bolts.

Need wiring diag in advance.

-chart-

I've never even seen a seat like that. But If I ever come across one, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

I live in Ohio and i have seen 3 black leather interriors in the one yard i go to, but they were in smoker's cars. Like Bull Geek said, I think they are more common up north. you'll just have to hit up the yards around you often and hope for the best.

I've never seen a cloth/leather combo though. But if you found one, i'm sure there are more out there.

If your seat is the same style your only option may be to take it to a upholstery shop and have a custom cover made to look like the rest. That would be an immediate solution to your problem(plus you wouldn't have to do any modifications to the wiring in your car or to the new seat because it would be the seat that came out of your car. Just a thought.....

Jeff

• Like 1

I've seen one car that had the same interior. Gray 50/50 leather and cloth in the 96-01 Sables seems to be much more common.

Wow those are very hard to find. I've never ever seen a set like that before. Those do look great. It stinks that you couldn't get it! That would drive me nuts! Just get an all black leather seat in the meantime? I mean I've seen the vented two tone leather seats in the sable platinum a few times and those are pretty rare too!

Good luck!

The black and the cloth/vinyl combo is what makes it so rare. Double whammy when hunting for it.

Brian is correct that Sables were the only ones to have this combo from 96-01.

Don't be fooled, there is zero leather on that seat, it's all vinyl and cloth.

There's a couple of beige ones at my local Pull A Part right now. They just crushed a gray cloth/vinyl combo.

Good luck hunting the 00-01 seat....

• Like 1

The black and the cloth/vinyl combo is what makes it so rare. Double whammy when hunting for it.

Brian is correct that Sables were the only ones to have this combo from 96-01.

Don't be fooled, there is zero leather on that seat, it's all vinyl and cloth.

There's a couple of beige ones at my local Pull A Part right now. They just crushed a gray cloth/vinyl combo.

Good luck hunting the 00-01 seat....

Meh, cloth and *leatherette* then. :P

Yeah, good luck to the OP on finding the new seat.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the informmation your all very informitive. Now I with the information And possibly a little luck I can find it if not i beleive I can have one made at an upolstry shop. thank you all.

Yah good luck with the seat, here is a picture of the seat that Brian mentioned. I have only seen this style once and it was this junked out sable.

Omro-20120616-00120-1_zpsd964d310.jpg

Unfortunately the cloth in the combo seats for the 96-99 Sables seems very rough... at least all the ones I have seen have been. Nowhere near as plush as the cloth used on full cloth or 2000+ seats.

I have never seen a seat for a 2000+ that was a vinyl/cloth combo before!!! Those look awesome, they'll look great in your car!

Best of luck finding the seat!!! I'll keep an eye out.

Just wanted to let you know, I moved this thread to the "Wanted to Buy" forum. There is still a link for it where you posted the original thread, but it might catch better attention in the WTB section.

• Like 1

Oh dude! Sally has Tan seats of the same style!!

i thought it was some option noone wanted :P

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J: