Sign in to follow this  
Thub

Silver/platinum Icp Bezel

I'm trashing the sable burlwood, I would like to get the Silver/Platinum trim ICP bezel found in platnimun edition sables. It needs to be this combo since I need the medium graphite plastic to match my interior. SES sport "aluminum" trim only went with the dark charcoal, thats no good for me.

If anyone has any leads let me know.

You can get interior paint that is an exact match to the factory paint from VHT and other suppliers, as well as, paintscratch.com.

This is what I'll be doing to install the Platinum Edition trim in my 2000, esp after I install the Ebony Black dash from an 05.

You can get interior paint that is an exact match to the factory paint from VHT and other suppliers, as well as, paintscratch.com.

This is what I'll be doing to install the Platinum Edition trim in my 2000, esp after I install the Ebony Black dash from an 05.

I never thought of that, i have a good paint connection too.

I do have one. However it has a few dings in the top. I am looking to sell it. Thought about putting it in my car but the dings bug me and I don't want to mess with trying to get them out.

Keep in mind it is actual metal, not paint.

Here are the pics:

AADB4BCD-6ED5-4072-A777-2335F0B5C318-3480-0000013FDCCFFB81_zpsce0e955a.jpg

080977C8-9301-4D99-84AE-257E34EA66B0-1205-00000068C9E61A5D_zpscfdf62b5.jpg

Edited by breeves002

It's dinged though... otherwise it would have been mine! Unless he wanted it in his own car! In perfect condition, they are incredibly hard to find.

It's dinged though... otherwise it would have been mine! Unless he wanted it in his own car! In perfect condition, they are incredibly hard to find.

Yes it is dinged. The issue is it is real metal and easy to ding up. Wondering if it is possible to get them out by taking the metal off and trying to push the dents out from behind. Doubt it would be easy though.

Yah I don't want one that all dinged up.

Yah I don't want one that all dinged up.

The ding's are only in the top left corner of it like you see in the picture. The rest of it is perfect. Good luck finding one with no dings. They just weren't on many cars! Only the Sable Platinums (03-05?) and the Taurus Sport Edition... Also super hard to find. So if you find one, awesome!

The shifter surround is perfect though.

Edited by breeves002

That metal has various holes that go through the plastic. Bend the metal back out, push it back through. If I had a D grade crappy one to tear up, I'd examine and find out.

That metal has various holes that go through the plastic. Bend the metal back out, push it back through. If I had a D grade crappy one to tear up, I'd examine and find out.

I may try to take it apart and see what I can do to make it look better. Probably more likely to hurt than help it though.

IIRC the Taurus SES Sport's "pewter" trim is actually painted on like the woodgrain versions, not a genuine metal overlay like in the Sable Platinum... can you confirm or deny, Nick?

IIRC the Taurus SES Sport's "pewter" trim is actually painted on like the woodgrain versions, not a genuine metal overlay like in the Sable Platinum... can you confirm or deny, Nick?

Correct.

There's no clearcoat or anything over the metal. It's just on there. The SES Sport is put on like the "woodgrain" versions.

The SES sport was also only aviable with the dark charcoal interior plastic, otherwise I would have gone to that a long time ago considering I have found several SES sports in scrap yards.