Spridget

Y'all Helped Me Decide On Wheels For The Benz (Update)

Help me decide on wheels for the Benz  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheels do you like best?

The '05 C230K Sport has 17" staggered wheels, 7.5" up front (225/45-17) and 8.5" in the rear (245/40-17) from the factory. This means I can't rotate the tires. Additionally, the OEM wheels have some curb marks and crazing in the paint. Here are the contenders that are within my budget. All are 17 x 8 and I'll use 225/45-17 tires all around. Wheels 1 and 2 are the same except for color. All weigh and cost about the same.

Wheel 1: post-53-0-04302700-1360394164_thumb.jpg

Wheel 2: post-53-0-28095700-1360394183_thumb.jpg

Wheel 3: post-53-0-13773000-1360394199_thumb.jpg

Wheel 4: post-53-0-80072800-1360394219_thumb.jpg

Number 2

2 or 3. 4 would be cool if it comes in gun metal

I like #3, looks like the AMG wheels on my wifes CLK430.

Yes I like 3. First thought was AMG wheels (before I read your post hah!).

3. First thing that popped into my mind when I saw those was AMG style wheels, which I like alot. I'm a fan of keeping stock looking wheels. Dunno why, but that's just me. Then I read others comments and I see that I'm not the only one that thought they were like the AMG.

I really wanted the black wheels at first. But I think the murdered out look has been overdone. Also, I considered resale... black wheels really polarize the aesthetics and would be harder to sell down the road. Wheel #1 is actually quite similar to the stock wheels, with some sharper edges where the stock wheels are completely smooth. Wheel #4 would be a little harder to clean. Wheel #3 does have that AMG look. They also happen to be the least expensive.

I once owned "aquired" a '93 S500 with AMG monoblock wheels. I didn't steal it, I swear, but it was capable of outrunning an CVPI. It just kinda disappeared one day. :dunno:

I like 4, its offsetting, and not stock-boring-like.

My personal opinion...keep it stock, i would find a place that will recondition the wheels to brand new in terms of looks. I have seen places like that turn a beat up 1980s rim into something that looked like it came off the factory yesterday.

My personal opinion...keep it stock, i would find a place that will recondition the wheels to brand new in terms of looks. I have seen places like that turn a beat up 1980s rim into something that looked like it came off the factory yesterday.

Rim repair costs the same or more than new rims above. Repairing the stock rims doesn't take care of the bigger issue of not being able to rotate the staggered wheels. I appreciate your opinion. I'm leaning heavily towards the AMG knock-offs, with MB center caps. This Sport model has the AMG body kit from the factory, so the wheels would look appropriate.

True AMG wheel for reference. Only difference is the AMG logo

188270d1280340720-fs-oem-amg-wheels-tires-off-clk500-amg-17-inch-032-small.jpg

Knock offs:

se_st3_bs_ci3_l.jpg

Wheel #4 would be a little harder to clean. Wheel #3 does have that AMG look.

My thoughts exactly.

Funny, these wheels were originally at the bottom of my list. The style looks a bit dated in my opinion, but simple, easy to clean, and looks OEM. No more staggered fitment. I can rotate the tires now. Thanks everyone!

8486107550_8064475d9b_c.jpg

Untitled by Spridget, on Flickr

Very nice! Those do look good on there!

Funny, these wheels were originally at the bottom of my list. The style looks a bit dated in my opinion, but simple, easy to clean, and looks OEM. No more staggered fitment. I can rotate the tires now. Thanks everyone!

8486107550_8064475d9b_c.jpg

Untitled by Spridget, on Flickr

A little dated maybe, but I must admit it looks better than I thought it would. Looks great!

That looks great man!