Sign in to follow this  
steveg1988

What Is A Good Performance All Season Tire For A Small Car?

My eclipse will be needing new tires before next winter, i was thinking of getting somewhat decent performance all season tires instead of touring tires, are there any reccomendations you guys have, i was thinking Michelin Pilot Exalto, but how good are they for snow traction? another option was the Firestone Firehawk GT-H (meh in snow/ice for north dakota on my focus, but should do fine in NJ winters)

Size is 205/55/16

Edited by steveg1988

My eclipse will be needing new tires before next winter, i was thinking of getting somewhat decent performance all season tires instead of touring tires, are there any reccomendations you guys have, i was thinking Michelin Pilot Exalto, but how good are they for snow traction? another option was the Firestone Firehawk GT-H (meh in snow/ice for north dakota on my focus, but should do fine in NJ winters)

Size is 205/55/16

I would look at some rate by buyers.

See pic, this is the worst of the worst.

Percent in the center Numver column is the % of buyers who would buy again.

Do not even remember where I got this info.

And as to rate by buyer, watch for ones with very small number of reports as they will be worthless.

-chart-

Check the reviews on any tire that you're interested in at Tirerack.com. I bought tires from them for my 98 Taurus, and they were pretty good to work with.

Exaltos are fantastic tires for driving in snow. They've been my only 'winter' tires since 2009. ;)

I would go with the Continental DWS if you're concerned about winter driving. I've owned the Michelin Exalto's, they're a great tire but the DWS's step it up a notch for winter traction. I would say the Exalto's are a little closer to being a summer tire and the DWS being a more all around tire. Can't go wrong with either tho imo.

Edited by adio

To be honest I can't answer this question. However I can say this. In my experience everyone likes different tires. There are so many good tires out there. Just read what others have said about the tires. Doing your research is the best thing you can do! Especially on a big purchase like tires. If you get them from a retailer be sure to get road hazard on them though. So worth the money.

After much research this weekend I chose the Continental ExtremeContact DWS from TireRack.com. Looks to be tops in snow for all season tires.

I went off the reviews, the Exalto seems to tick all the boxes, all around good tire (snow/wet/dry/etc)