Sign in to follow this  
Thub

Aviator Mirrors

If anyone runs across a Lincoln Aviator in a scrap yard and both side mirrors are intact let me know. If the price is right of course, cost plus a finders fee.

Question: Why?

If the answer is you want power, heated, signal-flash, folding mirrors, there are similar mirrors I think (could be wrong) on the 2006-2010 Ford Explorer. Explorers are far more common than the Aviator. I have been watching for an Aviator write-off for a long time to swap the entire running gear into a Ranger pickup. A 4.6 DOHC V8 and independent suspension all around would make for one sweet pickup. The mirrors would be incidental.

30xa3c6.jpg

Click on the Explorer to go to the SGI Website. Only one mirror is available. Is that what you want?

I know that the 4th gen explorer mirrors will also fit, the aviator is just much more unique and the mirrors are quite different. I know the that finding a Aviator is quite rare, I barely see them driving on the road.

They seem to have this feature separating the Lincoln from lesser platform-mates: http://www.netcarshow.com/lincoln/2003-aviator/800x600/wallpaper_25.htm