Sign in to follow this  
Roach

Gross

Kill it. Kill it 'til it's dead. Then kill it again.

Edited by Rusty

Looks nothing like that... Looks like a more advanced Corvette, with a 7 Speed manual transmission, and 450 HP Base engine! Mmmmmm :wub:

This was the idea Chevy had when designing the new Vette:

post-1493-0-13859600-1358200647_thumb.jp

OHHHH!!! Well then, good job everybody! :D

hahahahaha but seriously, this is the only modern Vette that I've liked... the late 80's ones were ok... but never a fan of newer ones. I think I like this one cause it looks nothing like a corvette! haha

Looks like a character from Cars...

Post relevant.

-lightning-mcqueen-26674725-500-344.jpg

It's funny you make that comparison, but you're probably pretty close to the truth. Viper got all curvy and Italian looking. GM needed to distance itself from it's biggest domestic competitor. I did not like the new Viper when it debuted, but the style has grown on me. Same goes for the new Vette. I did not like the concepts. Even Car and Driver's full page spread 1 month before it debuted didn't sit well with me. It just looks gawdy and awkwardly angular. Other than the silhouette, it looks nothing like previous Vettes. Like it came from an independent design firm. However, the style is pushing the way forward into the 2020's, and I think it's exactly what was needed to step up to modern designs from Europe. It looks high tech and as though GM consulted Lockheed Martin for it's aero package. I miss the round tail lamps though.

Now, move on to the 2015 Mustang... still gross from what I've seen. But again, it needs a major overhaul to move into the next decade. The lack of IRS, overall girth, and front end weight bias is killing it globally. Other than the personal truck market, US manufacturers can no longer produce purely American niche cars and expect to remain profitable.

Exactly. It's not about being "too European", it's about making money on niche high-performance vehicles. Welcome to the 21st Century and a global economy.