Sign in to follow this  
Roach

Gross

New Corvette:

http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-12q4/493642/2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-artists-rendering-photo-493698

I really am starting to hate this push towards foreign car looks. I used to be a big fan of the Vette, I really don't like this new look.

To me it looks like they took a 370z body, put a new [barf] Viper noise on it, gave it GT-R headlights, and slapped on a Camaro's rear end.

I like the side view, hate the front and the back except for the quad pipes. Love those

New Corvette:

http://www.caranddri...ng-photo-493698

I really am starting to hate this push towards foreign car looks. I used to be a big fan of the Vette, I really don't like this new look.

To me it looks like they took a 370z body, put a new [barf] Viper noise on it, gave it GT-R headlights, and slapped on a Camaro's rear end.

The 2 valve pushrod engine is shades of the past, long past.

I am old school, but that it just pushing the old idea too far.

Just my take.

-chart-

Mmmmm, I like it! :wub:

The 2 valve pushrod engine is shades of the past, long past.

I am old school, but that it just pushing the old idea too far.

Just my take.

-chart-

Agreed. GM loves the pushrod V8's a little too much.

The headlights with the front body looks too much like Ferrari styling mixed in with the current Corvette design. I don't even like the rear either; is this supposed to be a Transformer?

Edited by knox777

What the hell GM? The nose has Ferrari influence, the silhouette screams Viper and it has a Camaro's ass. Absolutely butt fugly imo. What ever happened to good old American styling!? Ripping design concepts from other cars (even if they are your own) doesn't count. Where's the individuality? The uniqueness?

Although I see that was an artists rendering. I assume the design could change (but I doubt it.)

:huh:

Don't get where the 'not American enough' complaints are coming from. It looks like an evolutionary step from the current C6 platform. I want to see the production-ready car in person at the CAS before passing final judgment, but it's not bad looking in this rendering and it does still scream pure "Corvette" to me.

• Like 1

That honestly looks like they just pieced other cars together. The roof line is clearly corvette but the front end is viper inspired and the back is from the camaro.

The image of that motor has no blower on it, so it must be just the touring model. Do they honestly use a pushrod motor with a blower on the top end "Super car" model of the corvette?

Doesnt surprise me since chevy still uses pushrod motors in their trucks, Ford hasn't used OHV in a gas V8 since 1997/98 when the Trition motors came out. I think the 2001 explorer was the last ford to use the V8 OHV windsor motor. Ford is using DOHC/SOHC in almost all of their motors now and GM is still using OHV, only 15 years behind, lol.

That honestly looks like they just pieced other cars together. The roof line is clearly corvette but the front end is viper inspired and the back is from the camaro.

The image of that motor has no blower on it, so it must be just the touring model. Do they honestly use a pushrod motor with a blower on the top end "Super car" model of the corvette?

Doesnt surprise me since chevy still uses pushrod motors in their trucks, Ford hasn't used OHV in a gas V8 since 1997/98 when the Trition motors came out. I think the 2001 explorer was the last ford to use the OHV windsor motor. Ford is using DOHC in all their motors now and GM is still using OHV, only 15 years behind, lol.

Dodge is also the only other that still uses OHV in truck motors.

Dodge is also the only other that still uses OHV in truck motors.

True, dodge is also way behind.

The 5.0L 32vavle V8 ford puts in the F1 and mustang puts out close to the hemi and far above GMs 5.3L.

Also did you know that chevys V6 truck option puts out under 200hp, UNDER 200HP. Fords smaller 3.7L DOHC puts out over 300hp.

The 5.0L 32vavle V8 ford puts in the F1 and mustang puts out close to the hemi and far above GMs 5.3L.

Also did you know that chevys V6 truck option puts out under 200hp, UNDER 200HP. Fords smaller 3.7L DOHC puts out over 300hp.

Are they still running the 4.3 Vortec V6? Jeez, that's laughable. Ford has the best engine choices out currently except for Toyota's iForce 5.7 in the Tundras. The fact that GM puts out commercials that tout the 5.3's 315 HP is amazing. Way behind the competition.

I'll also add....Nothing sounds quite like a Hemi

Are they still running the 4.3 Vortec V6? Jeez, that's laughable. Ford has the best engine choices out currently except for Toyota's iForce 5.7 in the Tundras. The fact that GM puts out commercials that tout the 5.3's 315 HP is amazing. Way behind the competition.

I'll also add....Nothing sounds quite like a Hemi

According to their website yes...I also get a good laugh about those commercials, Santa should give him the HP rating in terms of a ford motor "thats 3/4 of a ford enignes output".

I have spent a fare amount of time around dodges trucks and the hemi does sound nice.

I would have to bet that fords big 6.2L tops the Tundra. Both HP and torque are over 400.

According to their website yes...I also get a good laugh about those commercials, Santa should give him the HP rating in terms of a ford motor "thats 3/4 of a ford enignes output".

I have spent a fare amount of time around dodges trucks and the hemi does sound nice.

I would have to bet that fords big 6.2L tops the Tundra. Both HP and torque are over 400.

Yes it does have better numbers. Still a pushrod IIRC?

I actually really like the C7 look they've worked up. Saw this earlier as well.

I agree though GM needs to get over the pushrod motors... I mean what, all modern GM motors EXCEPT for the Northstars are pushrod, right? That 4.6L northstar had a 300HP/300Ft-lb output too. Quite sad that the NEW 5.3 puts out only 15hp more! That Northstar was out in the mid 90's!

Edited by breeves002

Yes it does have better numbers. Still a pushrod IIRC?

6.2L is SOHC 16 Valve

The toyota UR family is DOHC.

When the Carlisle Vette show is in town, it's interesting to see the evolution of the car. I'm old school I guess and still like the older models.

This new rendition - eh... doesn't do much for me. <_<

All and well, but you would think Ford would be able to put a spark plug in the head that would stay put.

No issues on cars. Just trucks. That is what I hear.

And you would think they could put springs on the front of a Taurus, that do not break, and on the rear that do not sag.

But that is just wishful thinking!

-chart-

• Like 1

The Viper's V-10 is also pushrod.

What kills me the most is Corvettes are supposed to be smooth, and curvy.

Not sharp, anglely, and full of ricey looking vents and scoops.

Hot damn. Love it.

• Like 1

What kills me the most is Corvettes are supposed to be smooth, and curvy.

Not sharp, anglely, and full of ricey looking vents and scoops.

O RLY?

superformance_corvette_grand-sport_63_01.jpg

^A factory backed Corvette Grand Sport race car.

1967-L88-Corvette.jpg

^427ci Big Block powered Corvette Sting Ray.

1988_sledgehammer.jpg

^Callaway "Sledgehammer" Corvette, once demonstrated to be the world's fastest street-legal sports car. It's still faster than a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, 20+ years later.

All of the above actually are sharp, angly, and full of vents and scoops. And because of that, they look absolutely stunning. :wub:

• Like 1

Here's the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray...

99104dfa6c4021815388ae7a5a628cc9.jpg

:wub:

Gorgeous. Wickedly fast. And all-American. :usa:

I need one :wub: