Sign in to follow this  
Coreyp

Coreyp's 99 Sho

I got the power fold mirrors,mirror switch and the center console e-brake.I already have power fold mirrors I got on Ebay,but they are silver.The one I just bought are toreador red,so I will put those on my red 96 and put the silver ones on the SHO,since its black,and black its easier to paint match. As for the handbrake It will just be for looks until I can figure out how to hook it up.I did also notice something unusall in a video of a Taurus Ghia SHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAmKlzggAGw

stop at .42 seconds in and look at the back seat,it has headrest built into the seat.Too bad shipping would be way to much to get one shipped here

Dude! That's awesome, how did you source the e-brake parts? Do you have a source?

http://myworld.ebay....984.m1497.l2754 This is who I bought from,I also got the mirror switch from my 96 from him.You have to log into eBay Australia to see what he has for sale.He only has one Taurus Ghia listed,but he may have more if he runs a junkyard.

If you're getting the connecting cables and bracket along with that E-brake lever, it can be made functional just by cutting a hole under the central floor pan and reattaching the bracket exactly where it would have come out of the Ghia. Your eBay source may be able to provide measurements for where and how big to cut the hole. ;)

I wish I had that car. RHD Taurus SHO would be awesome. I wish I had my own boat. :P

Not much has happened to it in the last year other then it has been sitting since about October last year after the transmission went out.That should change next spring after the junkyard haul today.I found a 96 SHO with only 84K in the junkyard today.I got the entire sub frame motor,trans and all both front fenders the front and rear bumper,SHO front floor mats,JBL rear radio control box and the trunk lid all for only $600.Not sure on the motor yet need to pull the valve cover to find out if cam fail or not.If not the whole thing will replace the one in the 99 since it has about 150k.The fenders and bumpers will go on my red 96 GL,and possibly one of the sho motors to replace the vulcan that's in it now.First I need to get it back together, can't believe it been on blocks in the garage for almost 3 years now.