Bull Geek

Bull Geek's Former 1997 Ford Taurus Sho - Sold To Thub -

Maybe one day I'll try that method chart, but that thing was not budging at all. We thought about using a sawzall but luckily heat saved the day!

I replaced the IAC on Monday before I left with a new one I grabbed at the yard a few years ago. That fixed a couple of near at idle issues I had noticed. :)

The trunk could currently have a few ducks swim inside of it in the spare tire well...so next task is to fix the trunk leak(s).

The trunk could currently have a few ducks swim inside of it in the spare tire well...so next task is to fix the trunk leak(s).

On that note, Merry Christmas Nick! :P

Christmas_Duck_by_inkyfish.jpg

lol, jerk!

My parents are wondering when I'm moving from my current place and when I'm selling all my cars and getting something new.

I ain't moving. I ain't sellin' (unless the price is right).

• Like 1

OK Nick, I'll start the bidding on the SHO once you fix the trunk leak!! :lol:

• Like 1

OK Nick, I'll start the bidding on the SHO once you fix the trunk leak!! :lol:

You're on, Gerry! Fiddy thousand... plus a year's supply of sweet tea. B)

OK Brian, Fiddy thousand one and I'll throw in the sweet tea and raise you a case of green tea (Nick likes green tea as he drank gallons of it earlier this summer here in MI)!

Edited by durasel

Too rich for my blood.

I like where Gerry is going with this... Green Tea and Sweet Tea.

I also drank gallons of green tea the prior summer up there :lol:

I think I found out why the CD changer is gone. THere was a cup of water on top of the CD Changer lid and down in the valley for that area. I really need to find the leak, not good. I removed the plug in the spare tire well. E-z drain for now. Vacuumed out the interior. Carpet just needs a good wash/clean.

Carpet just needs a good wash/clean.

a tish of inspiration:

cleaned trunk:

553846_316257608472758_902212217_n.jpg

206046_316257561806096_1308451558_n.jpg

523436_316257571806095_258035282_n.jpg

pretty much after i cleaned it. just had to run a 2 minute vacuum through it.

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

I definitely have a battery drain issue. Came out to start the car up two nights ago and the clicker wouldn't work. Manually unlocked door. Put my foot on the brake to start and the interior lights shut off. It's been on a trickle charger the past 48 hrs.

Have worked on resealing the trunk area. Major water leaks from being rear ended and no one putting seam sealer back in the joints. It's 80% there now.

Otherwise, the attached showed up in the mail yesterday from Ford. Build sheet, build data on 97 SHOs, letter, calendar, etc. Neat stuff for a car geek :)

Next up is replacement of radiator to see if that improves coolant temps.

post-13-0-72782300-1358979646_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice calendar. As far as the battery drain goes, does the hood liner touch the battery at all?

• Like 1

Thought I replied but never did. No sir, no battery contact with hood right now.

Replaced the steering wheel in the SHO with one from a 98 that had a really good leather wrapping I got up in Michigan this summer. Much better. Picture later.

A V8 SHO showed up at the Columbia SC junkyard today. 97. Silver w/gray cloth, 200K miles. Interior is in really good shape for the most part besides the console being hammered. I may grab the passenger seat and use it to fix up the driver side (use butt cushion on driver side). May grab the driver passenger seat track since mine has some motor functionality that is dead. Heck I may grab the whole interior and hang on to it for someone incase they want to buy it. Grabbed the ignition coils too. All 8 were replaced at some point, they were clean and uncracked.

It has a new accessory belt, alternator, and water pump. I nabbed the belt and alternator today. Alternator was actually not a bad job. Quite doable. 2 chrome wheels are still on the car, wheel locks are preventing further removal, I may go back for one as a spare. Going for the water pump after work this week or this weekend. Good to have as a spare.

Someone dumped a lot of money into this car.

Go take that car on some backroads and experience a proper SHOgasm from the sound at speed! :P

Thing sounds AWESOME pulling up to my house. One would NEVER think that the noise emanating from that car, is a Taurus.

• Like 1

I'm almost tempted to drive down there to see that SHO at the JY.

OH are the sideskirts still on there? [and not totaled?!] tell me tell me!

Skirts are there . When you come down for the meet...you can get them :) they are not damaged.

Tried a new EATC for the ghosting of the clock. It has the same issue. Back to PAP with it.

YES! I hope they're still there by then!

SHO rockers are never removed from the SHOs that have been at this local yard, unless I got to them. Plus, the steel wheels are pushed up against them from the underside. No one knows that you can ask the manager to bring out a yard crew member with a jack :)

Someone did take the changer and mach already, but no big deal for me.

• Like 1

Thing sounds AWESOME pulling up to my house. One would NEVER think that the noise emanating from that car, is a Taurus.

That noise alone is what keeps me working on rebuilding the '96. It's an addiction.

Always liked the toreadore red and even more on a SHO! Nice SHO and yes i am jealous as well!

Once I take care of most of the issues with this car, it should be a great car to use for around town, around state cruising.

As posted in another thread, the radiator had a leak coming from the bottom where the rad was split like someone had messed with it. Bite marks on the metal, nice!

I have other jobs I'm doing while in there. Replacing the blown front motor mount (one under AC compressor, as it had purged about all hydrualic oil and torn seals), replacing endlinks (factory and boots were torn clunking/knocking), sway bars (found 24/26 at the yard :D ) sway bar bushings, front subframe bushings with rear ones (because the fronts look perished). Also discovered a chunk missing out of the main serpentine belt. Glad I grabbed the like new one from the car at Pull A Part. So that's getting done too.

Also am replacing the leaking oil cooler, changing the oil, and replacing the fuel filter.

My goal is to be finished by the end of the day Sunday.

At the moment I have the radiator removed, oil cooler removed, and the motor mount removed and replaced with a new Ford one (man that was EXPENSIVE!) Blue rag in picture marks the leak point in the radiator.

post-13-0-00703900-1360909267_thumb.jpeg

post-13-0-43539400-1360909268_thumb.jpeg

post-13-0-82247800-1360909274_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-83119500-1360909441_thumb.jpeg

post-13-0-17670300-1360909550_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh, man... I can't wait to see this car! :D

Is the motorcraft mount urethane?

I know the 2 new ones that were put on my car last year were and they really change the cars characteristics, the mushy vulcan became much more responsive, not to mention the increase in NVH. The car seemed like it gained quite a bit of power.

I would figure you would want to go that way with the SHO to optimize all its power.

Is the motorcraft mount urethane?

I know the 2 new ones that were put on my car last year were and they really change the cars characteristics, the mushy vulcan became much more responsive, not to mention the increase in NVH. The car seemed like it gained quite a bit of power.

I would figure you would want to go that way with the SHO to optimize all its power.

You like "NVH"? (noise vibration & harshness)

I like just enough to feel and hear the power, not too much.

For me, the Lin does it just right. Just a touch of intake, just a touch of seat of the pants feel of the V-8.

My Sable do not feel or say much, with the DOHC's.

-chart-

It is still hydrauliclly filled for the front mount. All 3 motors use the same motor mount on the Gen 3s up front. Am keeping the old one...that way I can refill it with urethane in the future.

SHOs use the same mount in the rear as the Duratec.

I drove a 97 Continental and an 02. Those are exceedingly powerful cars. Especially the 02. I imagine it would eat the V8SHO.