Sign in to follow this  
mwt

Gonna Start With A Yellow Pad, Optimum Hypercompound And A 5 Lb Hammer

The boy rear ended a jeep today.

I guess it's pretty much the end of the line for this car. I loved this car. Most of you know all the stuff I did to it over the years.

340K on the clock and it still ran great.

D9E3F790-FE28-4694-8D8B-9550A509DDA9-1232-0000021FD0D4D1F7.jpg

It's nice to see you, man, although not great circumstances. Fix 'er! Looks like the brunt of the damage is up high, so there shouldn't be any structural issues. That's about the same spot that I hit with mine. Fair warning, though, the estimator missed the busted radiator surround when they looked at it for my claim. Couldn't see it under the header panel. Not a pleasant surprise when I got it disassembled for rebuild.

Airbags go off? I see the grille got pushed towards the rad. Is your boy okay?

He is fine. Other than taking that picture, I haven't even messed with it.

He rear ended a jeep. You can see her trailer receiver in the bumper. They didn't even call the cops because he did zero damage to her jeep.

I am just gonna beat it out so it hood will open and close and he can put oil and power steering fluid in it.

I am basically saying to hell with it. I am finished fixing cars for my kids.

Edited by mwt

He is fine. Other than taking that picture, I haven't even messed with it.

He rear ended a jeep. You can see her trailer receiver in the bumper. They didn't even call the cops because he did zero damage to her jeep.

I am just gonna beat it out so it hood will open and close and he can put oil and power steering fluid in it.

I am basically saying to hell with it. I am finished fixing cars for my kids.

OHHHHHHHH your so funny...... :rofl2: As long as your breathing and they drive cars, your NEVER done fixing cars for your kids. :banghead: Its just that as they get older, they call at different hours and want to bring over the car cuz its not working right. My daughter calls late at night, drives 20 minutes with a low tire across town past gas stations, becasue she thinks something is in her tire & wants it fixed cuz she knows Dad has the stuff to do it "for free"..... lol

Good to hear your son is OK and just his pride is hurt. Good that no one wanted to call the police too, and deal with the minor stuff the right way.

Glad the kid was OK. Now proceed to beat him within an inch of his life.

Dang. Sorry to hear about the car. Glad your son is okay, however. My dad would've murdered me if I rear ended someone. I've been hit before, but it wasn't my fault.

I couldn't get the hood to open and the mechanism was slightly bent. The latch that bolts to the hood was seriously bent and the clip that holds the ebrake cable was broken. I grabbed all three pieces from a gen III for $8.77 and got it so the hood opens. I jumped on top of the hood and smashed it down some. Other than that, I am finished.

I almost pissed myself because I saw a chestnut Taurus at the salvage. First one I have ever seen. I got up close to it and it had an engine fire that destroyed the hood.

All the other body panels in great shape but the interior was trashed. Someone had already snagged the front bumper.