breeves002

The Relationship Between Tcca And Tsoc

Hola everyone! Some of you know me, I'm a high level moderator over at TCCA, and an active member here! I know some of you HATE TCCA. Over the past month I have come to learn why, and completely find your hate justified. Many of you were treated unfairly!

Anyways, as of December 5th, 2012, TCCA no longer censors www.taurusowners.com and their links! We fully allow people (like Devin) to have links to TSOC in their signature, and won't have any more of the bullsh*t that happened earlier in the year.

The first administrator that came with autoguide has been replaced by a new one named Phil Barbosa, and he is a very helpful and understanding guy. He basically will do anything I ask him (within the limits of what makes sense), and is honestly more helpful that most everyday forum administrators!

He fully agrees with me that we shouldn't have a massive rivalry and and shouldn't be making our members mad.

So to all you here, help us work together. If you have any concerns about TCCA feel free to contact me.

I agree with most of you here that the atmosphere here is MUCH better than TCCA when it comes to the 'club', but we are trying to make it better over on TCCA. A site redesign is coming soon over there.

I think if you already don't post on TCCA you should, and if you have stopped posting because you are angry you should start again. New management is in, and fair. I'm heading all of this and want everyone to feel welcome, even TSOC members. I'm very happy using both forums!

Advertising this site over on TCCA's signature will hopefully help both sites in gaining traffic (not like TCCA doesn't already have enough...)

So if anyone has any questions, fell free to PM me on either site.

Edited by breeves002

Guest Jay144

I do apologize, Devin.

I did over react.

Even I make mistakes.

Edited by Jay144

You really are a gigantic asshole.

Hey. aint no ******* reason to be saying that. dude's just stating information.

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

Hola everyone! Some of you know me, I'm a high level moderator over at TCCA, and an active member here! I know some of you HATE TCCA. Over the past month I have come to learn why, and completely find your hate justified. Many of you were treated unfairly!

Anyways, as of December 5th, 2012, TCCA no longer censors www.taurusowners.com and their links! We fully allow people (like Devin) to have links to TSOC in their signature, and won't have any more of the bullsh*t that happened earlier in the year.

The first administrator that came with autoguide has been replaced by a new one named Phil Barbosa, and he is a very helpful and understanding guy. He basically will do anything I ask him (within the limits of what makes sense), and is honestly more helpful that most everyday forum administrators!

He fully agrees with me that we shouldn't have a massive rivalry and and shouldn't be making our members mad.

So to all you here, help us work together. If you have any concerns about TCCA feel free to contact me.

I agree with most of you here that the atmosphere here is MUCH better than TCCA when it comes to the 'club', but we are trying to make it better over on TCCA. A site redesign is coming soon over there.

I think if you already don't post on TCCA you should, and if you have stopped posting because you are angry you should start again. New management is in, and fair. I'm heading all of this and want everyone to feel welcome, even TSOC members. I'm very happy using both forums!

Advertising this site over on TCCA's signature will hopefully help both sites in gaining traffic (not like TCCA doesn't already have enough...)

So if anyone has any questions, fell free to PM me on either site.

TCCA blocked my IP address. I can go there but from some body's elses computer, not mine.

They do not want me, I do want to be there.

End of discussion.

-chart-

Well, THAT was unnecessary.

TCCA blocked my IP address. I can go there but from some body's elses computer, not mine.

End of discussion.

-chart-

Last time I tried to get on there to look for a write up, my username wouldn't work, and I couldn't find what I needed. I am not bothering with it anymore.

Breeves, I'm glad that they are trying to get things back to the old days, but it will not happen, sorry. The TCCA has forever lost my support, and it isn't for any one reason, either. I am very happy here at the TSOC, and it's staying the only Taurus site I will support.

I still go there from time to time. They havn't blocked me yet, but we'll see how long that lasts. And as soon as they do, then I'll have to say good bye for good after being a member for ten years.

I jump back and forth between the two sites, and avoid all that usless bullsh*t drama that happened a few years back.

Though the TCCA gets on my nerves from time to time, I mostly use it just to PM some friends who havn't found their way over here yet.

Since I switched over to here last year I rarley go back to TCCA, on and off a few times to seach for info but thats it. I figure why bother when all the people with the good information are over here. I find bouncing between 2 fourms to be too difficult.

What the hell was that for? He was just giving some information

• Like 1

I prefer this place. This place feels like a car club. The other place feels like an business organization with the tons of advertisements.

Mainly a site where someone wants to make profit off ad revenue + user donations.

One thing I love about TSOC. I know the owner. I can PM the owner with any concerns, or general BS if I really wanted to, and I'm willing to bet I would get a response. I like the whole personalization here.

Really it is more than just the management though. The whole situation on how it went from old TCCA to New TCCA was complete bullsh*t. If the previous owner would have reached out to us as a community, and said he needed help, I am sure others would have helped out. I have no real reason to go to the old place, I have no desire to either.

• Like 2

Can't stand the advertisements so I'm not going back.

I'm sure some people here might want me to though! :P

There's this great thing called AdBlock Plus. Just sayin'... ;)

I'm a mod over there as well, and I really like both sites. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Anyone who wants to be unblocked over there just let us know and we could probably reverse it.

That was rude, what gives? Just trying to begin mending a broken relationship.

End of discussion.

-chart-

What was your username over on TCCA? I'll have that unblocked immediately! When were you blocked, and why?

Last time I tried to get on there to look for a write up, my username wouldn't work, and I couldn't find what I needed. I am not bothering with it anymore.

What was your username on TCCA? I'll get this fixed for you. Even if you don't post, you deserver to be able to see and or edit your writeups.

I still go there from time to time. They havn't blocked me yet, but we'll see how long that lasts. And as soon as they do, then I'll have to say good bye for good after being a member for ten years.

They won't block you. It's me and two others who are over control of bans and the other two have the same mindset as me. The administrator listens to me.

I prefer this place. This place feels like a car club. The other place feels like an business organization with the tons of advertisements.

Mainly a site where someone wants to make profit off ad revenue + user donations.

One thing I love about TSOC. I know the owner. I can PM the owner with any concerns, or general BS if I really wanted to, and I'm willing to bet I would get a response. I like the whole personalization here.

For some of you I can get rid of those ad's if you ask me to. Only a limited amount of people for now, but if you don't want ad's at TCCA and contribute, I'm happy to get rid of your advertisements.

You can PM the manager of the site (administrator), it's faster to use the contact form on the site where you hit "contact us". He will reply 10-5, pretty dang fast monday-friday. He's a great guy too, based in Toronto Canada.

I'll get rid of your ad's for you, just tell me your TCCA username.

For everyone else's information, I'm trying to help out the relationship between us two. For some it cannot be restituted and I understand. I love TSOC and TCCA. I find them both very helpful, and each have their reasons to go there. TCCA overal has more information in total, but TSOC has a much better community feeling. I love that. I don't mind switching between two forums at all. Just keep the tabs open! Sorry if anyone now resents me for trying to help both of us.

I said this to Sam and I believe that TSOC (which I'll admit is the better of the two by far) is an enthusiast club. We are a crazy community of family sedan (and wagons too) modders. This is more of a personal group that has yields a closer relationship between members. TCCA has turned into a 'HELP ME' site where a lot of people come to ask a question (which has 500000 threads on it already) and then leave. It lacks that community feel. I do participate in both, but I love the community feel here much better. I do like how TSOC is and if members want to come here to genuinely contribute, great. While this can also be a place where advice is given, it should not just be that. People should come here and become part of this community... not just ask one question and leave.

• Like 2

Well, to be fair, I disable ads myself. Edited HOSTS file, AdBlock, and NoScript. But if I go to a regular workstation, it's full of ads.

But, I am home here. Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine here.

The other reason, TSOC has a way better forum software. vBulletin sucks massive ass. Honestly if that new guy would have respected many old timer users wishes of leaving TCCA with the other software, I woulda stayed. But nope. Nobody's concerns, suggestions, or ideas were welcome. It was their generic way. Honestly, I remember TCCA pretty much saying in short, "f**k you, this is how it is, deal with it" when we complained. Oh well, don't expect many people here to be very sympathetic.

• Like 1

Look, it's not going to ever be 100% perfect between the two, but honestly, there's a buttload of good writeups and info over there that are valuable.

The other reason, TSOC has a way better forum software. vBulletin sucks massive ass. Honestly if that new guy would have respected many old timer users wishes of leaving TCCA with the other software, I woulda stayed. But nope. Nobody's concerns, suggestions, or ideas were welcome. It was their generic way. Honestly, I remember TCCA pretty much saying in short, "f**k you, this is how it is, deal with it" when we complained. Oh well, don't expect many people here to be very sympathetic.

This is one thing you are very right about. Talking to Phil, there is almost no hope of changing forum software. There is a slight chance that we could get VB4, but thats even slim. Phil has no control over some of this stuff, it is the downside of a big company owning the forum.

I said this to Sam and I believe that TSOC (which I'll admit is the better of the two by far) is an enthusiast club. We are a crazy community of family sedan (and wagons too) modders. This is more of a personal group that has yields a closer relationship between members. TCCA has turned into a 'HELP ME' site where a lot of people come to ask a question (which has 500000 threads on it already) and then leave. It lacks that community feel. I do participate in both, but I love the community feel here much better. I do like how TSOC is and if members want to come here to genuinely contribute, great. While this can also be a place where advice is given, it should not just be that. People should come here and become part of this community... not just ask one question and leave.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That's what I meant exactly.

Look, it's not going to ever be 100% perfect between the two, but honestly, there's a buttload of good writeups and info over there that are valuable.

I agree, and is tons of valuable information there.

Yes there is no question much of the information on it is valuable. There is what, 10 years of material on it?

I think the original TCCA started in 1998.

**Edited**

24741359.jpg

Good to see you're removing some of the bans.

(Edited because edited ;) )

Edited by Trevor
  • Like 1

24741359.jpg

Good to see you're removing some of the bans.

Ha ha ha, that's exactly what I imagined after I saw that first reply. :icon_lol: That's funny.

Haha. Good one!

Please whoever is banned, tell me your TCCA username and I'll remove it. Wether it be IP ban or what. You will be fully reinstated as a premium member to say sorry for the whole ordeal!

Should make us all moderators. Then I might go back on. :P

Jay, I met you, and I expect better from you. Come on. That was really uncalled for.

Should make us all moderators. Then I might go back on. :P

I don't have THAT much power.... Just premium members I will happily make you. Don't know why that came out like Yoda would say, but it did.

Jay, I met you, and I expect better from you. Come on. That was really uncalled for.

Thank you. Wanna delete that post? Not like I care. Just used to being a mod on a site that doesn't allow cursing (usually) lol.

Breeves, I am (or was, anyway) Snoopy2003Taurus, or soemthing like that over there. You may fix it if you like, but TBH I still won't be posting on there anyway. I have enough trouble finding the time for this place anymore :icon_neutral: